UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes - August 23rd 2009

creap

Sorceror
Re: Changes - August 23rd 2009

It seems like everyone is complaining at every template in the book except what THEY play. Alchy dexxers are overpowered, alchy stun is overpowered, tamers are overpowered, wands are overpowered. I have yet to run into a template that was just so crazy there was no way to kill that person. When you start squeezing people into certain templates because the other options are worthless is when you start destroying pvp. If you nerf everything then everyone will be on foot hitting each other with fishing poles.

Hydrofiend

Knight

I love the changes, the animal lore change is what was needed for a long time. The pet spells thing, I think bless and weaken and poison are all good spells for a mare to be casting, like it should be. Once mares start casting telekenisis or teleport, then it's getting stupid. Mares should cast spells depending on their magery and the ammount of mana they have. So a mare with gm magery and full 125 mana should have good chance at casting high mana cost spells (flamestrike, ebolt, explosion) first, then when mana is low it casts its poisons, heals, buffs/debuffs.

Tamers needed a nerf.

I still think you shouldn't be able to mount a mare while it is in combat... down with the pvp tamer.

Tusk

Sorceror

you need a nerf due to yoru stupidity.

pvp is about what you can do with 700 skills and go at it. many poeple choose one template over another. they bitch because taming isn't macroable and actually require you put time into the game to train the character. if i go out with a 7x mare that is worth a mill and can't match vs a alchey stunner with a 50k setup then what good am i? part of the game is about how good your setup will be. if you are not willing to lose a val hammer and goes out with a gm one, of course you won't have the edge. hisk risk high reward.

back to hybrid for a sec. the main selling point of this server is pub 15. it is not AOS or any other bullshit. people come here because the server stays the same instead of changes. if i wanted new shit i would of played on osi. now stop ruinning the game by changing it. it was fine the way it is. now the pet just act retarded while hunting like adam sandler.

Hydrofiend

Knight

Tusk;1946156 said:

pvp is about what you can do with 700 skills and go at it. many poeple choose one template over another. they bitch because taming isn't macroable and actually require you put time into the game to train the character. if i go out with a 7x mare that is worth a mill and can't match vs a alchey stunner with a 50k setup then what good am i? part of the game is about how good your setup will be. if you are not willing to lose a val hammer and goes out with a gm one, of course you won't have the edge. hisk risk high reward.

back to hybrid for a sec. the main selling point of this server is pub 15. it is not AOS or any other bullshit. people come here because the server stays the same instead of changes. if i wanted new shit i would of played on osi. now stop ruinning the game by changing it. it was fine the way it is. now the pet just act retarded while hunting like adam sandler.

By your reasoning, we should add high level dungeons, and make them take 8 hours to complete, but the bosses inside the dungeons drop super powered items that you can only obtain in said dungeon. Then that person that put in the many hours to get the good gear (7x mare) can destroy everyone, but IT'S OK because they put in more time/money than you to get so powerful. Oh wait, this isn't World of Warcraft, get the fuck out.

PvP tamers have always been the pvp character for dummys. The simple fact is, your 7x mare can do double the damage a player can dish out. The mare doesn't even need YOU (it's owner), you're just holding him back with your lack of skill.

Dont give me the bullshit that you should be able to compete with an alchy stunner or any other pvp character because you spent a mil on your mare, you shouldn't. The less skill a template requires the weaker it should be, just look at dexers, they need runic weapons to compete and they still get rocked left and right by mages, but they require very little skill so it's how it should be. If you're worthless enough to need to play a pvp tamer, and you think you're going to be playing this god-like character that can fight 3 people at once, your in for a rude awakening.

This game has always been great because it isn't about how much money you have. 7x mares, blessed runic weapons, and wands, are all throwing off the balance, making is so the more money you have the more powerful your character becomes. You can play WoW if you want your power to depend on the ammount of money you have.

creap

Sorceror

Hydrofiend;1946181 said:
The less skill a template requires the weaker it should be, just look at dexers, they need runic weapons to compete and they still get rocked left and right by mages, but they require very little skill so it's how it should be.

That is the dumbest thing anyone has ever said on here. What is YOUR measure of SKILL? A dexxer can often push just as many keys as a mage. Please, dont try to bring SKILL into this. So if I can try and play a character with camping and taste ID and blacksmithy it would take an ENORMOUS amount of SKILL to kill someone, does that mean my smith hammer should deal 70 damage a hit?

LKP

Forum Member of the year 09'

Tusk;1946156 said:
self-defeating nonsense

You say Hybrid is good because it's Pub 15, and advertised as such. Neither is true. Hint: look into why the shard is named that.

You want to know why AoS sucks? It has nothing to do with taming. It's because it's item-based, as opposed to skill based. The problem with AoS is that you can gain a ridiculous advantage in PvP by investing gross amounts of time in non-PvP related activities, buying the best equipment, and killing everyone who's not as well-equipped as you regardless of anything else. You could have tens of thousands of hours of PvP experience and know everything there is to know about this game... it won't do you a bit of good when you're constantly getting hit for 60 damage lightnings that cast faster than your mini-heals.

Is that what you're in favor of? It sounds to me like you think you deserve to have an advantage in PvP because you spent a mil on a crazy weapon. I say that no weapon should be worth an honest mil.

Frank Sinatra

Sorceror

"Originally Posted by Tusk :
back to hybrid for a sec. the main selling point of this server is pub 15. it is not AOS or any other bullshit. people come here because the server stays the same instead of changes. if i wanted new shit i would of played on osi. now stop ruinning the game by changing it. it was fine the way it is. now the pet just act retarded while hunting like adam sandler. "

I could not agree more the game was fine it was that way since its been started why change it now?

issue with taming/lore? it wasnt an issue when you set it up that way to put an end to stun tamers.....

it was laid out perfect now. bola tamers were actually worth playing again and you go and nerf the fun way to build them.

they wernt even over powered. it was actually pretty much even considering everything is fucking over powered on this server.

seriously, worst change ever. want to change something? DROP THE WANDS.

forcing everyone to be an alch mage or a dexer alch is just stupid. thanks hitler for all the great work.

creap;1946140 said:
It seems like everyone is complaining at every template in the book except what THEY play. Alchy dexxers are overpowered, alchy stun is overpowered, tamers are overpowered, wands are overpowered. I have yet to run into a template that was just so crazy there was no way to kill that person. When you start squeezing people into certain templates because the other options are worthless is when you start destroying pvp. If you nerf everything then everyone will be on foot hitting each other with fishing poles.

nope, i play all three of these templates. alchy mage, alchy dexer, pvp tamer. it doesnt rly make sense to implement a nerf this huge

Tusk;1946156 said:

may be the best post of 09'

best description of what PVP is. its a competition to be the best with what you are given.

Hydrofiend;1946181 said:
By your reasoning, we should add high level dungeons, and make them take 8 hours to complete, but the bosses inside the dungeons drop super powered items that you can only obtain in said dungeon. Then that person that put in the many hours to get the good gear (7x mare) can destroy everyone, but IT'S OK because they put in more time/money than you to get so powerful. Oh wait, this isn't World of Warcraft, get the fuck out.

PvP tamers have always been the pvp character for dummys. The simple fact is, your 7x mare can do double the damage a player can dish out. The mare doesn't even need YOU (it's owner), you're just holding him back with your lack of skill.

Dont give me the bullshit that you should be able to compete with an alchy stunner or any other pvp character because you spent a mil on your mare, you shouldn't. The less skill a template requires the weaker it should be, just look at dexers, they need runic weapons to compete and they still get rocked left and right by mages, but they require very little skill so it's how it should be. If you're worthless enough to need to play a pvp tamer, and you think you're going to be playing this god-like character that can fight 3 people at once, your in for a rude awakening.

This game has always been great because it isn't about how much money you have. 7x mares, blessed runic weapons, and wands, are all throwing off the balance, making is so the more money you have the more powerful your character becomes. You can play WoW if you want your power to depend on the ammount of money you have.

hey u fucking retard.........it doesnt cost anything to get 7x mares blessed runics or wands. go farm wands, train mares and do some bods ffs. u have no clue what you are talking about. i know tons of ppl that could beat a scrub on a 7x pvp tamer. and tbh, playing a stun tamer is harder than playing a stun mage......i play both, i know. the thing is, ANYONE AT ANY TIME CAN BEAT ANYONE IN THIS GAME. it is skill based. i could kill you with a naked mage/dexer while you were on ur tamer. it may take some luck and u fucking up a bit but it is possible. some of the best faction groups do not even use exp pots or mares and they still manage to stay afloat.

creap

Sorceror

JesseJane;1946215 said:
nope, i play all three of these templates. alchy mage, alchy dexer, pvp tamer. it doesnt rly make sense to implement a nerf this huge

That is what I am saying. I play all the templates and the game felt pretty balanced to me. You shouldn't completely remove a template just to balance the game.

lol it is kinda funny tho, you attempt to nurf the tamer pvp template... and then make it so mares spam para.

you change one aspect because of trammy tears for a whole new bowl full.

im gonna miss having 70 inscribe on a bola tamer but lol if the mare is gonna go para crazy it just might be something I can get used to.

Mighty Boognish;1946241 said:
lol it is kinda funny tho, you attempt to nurf the tamer pvp template... and then make it so mares spam para.

you change one aspect because of trammy tears for a whole new bowl full.

im gonna miss having 70 inscribe on a bola tamer but lol if the mare is gonna go para crazy it just might be something I can get used to.

it paras then will clumsy or something dumb right after. uses mana and does 0 damage.

sirrayiv

Sorceror

First of all, ever since UO was kicked off back in 98, people have been bitching about PvP balance....so thats nothing new....
OSI used to have the same problem with pets casting useless spells, so they removed them all eventually, kind of like the way they were on this server....
I personally like the new spell additions, but monster AI needs to take a huge increase in order to not drive everyone crazy....there is no reason why a Nightmare should be casting Poison three times in a row on a creature that is immune to it......

My Nightmare today was casting Poison on a Titan.....and I kept seeing the message that your poison has no effect spamming over and over again......and then I realized that the mare was doing this repeatedly to the Titan....

sirrayiv

Sorceror

Another thing that concerns me is that I can spend 4 hours training my Dragon against a White Wyrm and only get a .1 bump in Magic Resist. This is complete bullshit....and I am tired of spending days on end trying to get my pets stats up, because I lost connection and it died.....or I was out farming gold, got pk'd and the bastard killed my Dragon/Mare......I don't mind that its hard to raise skill.....but 4 hours non-stop of fighting, and only .1 gain to Magic Resist is NOT enough gain.....

Tusk

Sorceror

Hydrofiend;1946181 said:

if you think that pvp tamer is for dummies then you should uninstall uo right now.
for a template that takes not 100 but 200 out of 700 of yoru skills, why shouldn't it be more powerful? it is 2 fucking skills that you need to control 1 mare. while with my million dollar setup an alchey stunenr can stun me, his 1x alchemy will guarantee at least 15 - 20 dmg every 5 seconds, and he can be a safe distance away. let's look at lumber alchey, 1 hit and a pot is usually 75% of my health. there is a day and night between a good pvp tamer and bad one. if you are used to pking the peace tamer in the dungeons then you should really get your head out of your ass.

uo is not about items, because the best items in the game is not rare and attainable by anyone. also for every template there is, some sort of really good setup can bring them all on the same level. mages can have inv armors, worrier can have val weapons, tamers can have 7x pets, like i said, it's about how you want to spend your 700 points of skill, and how rich (usually a result of how long you have been in the game) you are to purchase the setup. the setup is not ultra rare like WOW or any other game. according to your logic a 1 day newbie should be on the same level of a 3 year vet.

as for changes, think of hybrid like the constitution. hybrid bill it self as the premier pub 15 / 16 server. for people who didn't like how osi raped and changed uo in the past few years, we all landed here. by entering and playing on this shard the players agree to play by the rules of 15 /16. the rules that existed during 15 / 16 are the principles the server should live by. you don't just go around changing whatever you feel like without the public voting on it. ryan even created another server where the rules are t2a and no ridable horses are allowed, for the ultra conservative people. if they are going to change the pub 15 / 16 rules, more people will get angered and finally a limit will be reached and people will stop playing, a la OSI, the reason why we are all here.