UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes - August 23rd 2009

Re: Changes - August 23rd 2009

this has the be the worst update in UOG.
Why do you keep changing all the things that made this shard good...
Next alchemy will have no effect on pot damage.

This shard is dieing in ass. and now my 7x pets cant be controlled unless im gm lore and tame, and all they do is cast weaken 10 times.
terrible.

LKP

Forum Member of the year 09'

For a guy named Acceptor, you sure don't seem to be accepting this very well.

Kingllama

Knight

Acceptor;1947096 said:

This shard is dieing in ass. and now my 7x pets cant be controlled unless im gm lore and tame, and all they do is cast weaken 10 times.
terrible.

Lmfao.
I'm happy with the updates
Kinda makes people get on hybrids,Stunners,heal stunners more.

Instead of the old main template.
There still is bola tamers. Which is hella annoying.

PtO_Punx

Sorceror

Acceptor;1947096 said:

terrible.

god damn your a tard. no matter what there will always be one templet or another that gets screwed.

if you knew anything about the game you'd comprehend that. because originally this is how UOG was.

and lets be honest, everyone except for hot key spammin alchy's enjoy the purple pot change. so screw em. in old UO this is how it was, you throw a pot in town near someone and itll attack whoever it hits.

all this means is wake the hell up when u spam a pot. make sure ur outta town or alone. cry baby.

PtO_Punx

Sorceror

AND... if it ever gets changed back in favor of the spammin alchy's. I'll murder a puppy.

keep that on your conscious..

Ozzy

Sorceror

All we need now is for banksitting to pay a bloody wage and I'm all set :eek:

Elvenhero

Wanderer

PtO_Punx;1947223 said:
god damn your a tard. no matter what there will always be one templet or another that gets screwed.

if you knew anything about the game you'd comprehend that. because originally this is how UOG was.

and lets be honest, everyone except for hot key spammin alchy's enjoy the purple pot change. so screw em. in old UO this is how it was, you throw a pot in town near someone and itll attack whoever it hits.

all this means is wake the hell up when u spam a pot. make sure ur outta town or alone. cry baby.

don't get me wrong I'm all for the changes but if you want to keep saying "this is how UO was" and you want to say that was the best (not saying you are), why don't we bring back the old system where no off. spells can be cast in town? Original UO wasn't always the best, thus the name for the best server ever "Hybrid" lol sorry I had to

snoddydodi

Sorceror

Keep up the good work staff. All changes made to the shard will affect the community in someway, but the changes are intended to make Hybrid even better. Personally I would rather see changes/update's being done rather than nothing at all....

Thanks Hybrid.

nielse18

Squire

Acceptor;1947096 said:

terrible.

Ummmm.... Call me crazy but I think if your going to be controlling 7x pets, you should be required to commit to gm lore and taming.

CHANGES ROCK! Thanks staff.

Paracelsus

Sorceror

snoddydodi;1947315 said:
Keep up the good work staff. All changes made to the shard will affect the community in someway, but the changes are intended to make Hybrid even better. Personally I would rather see changes/update's being done rather than nothing at all....

Thanks Hybrid.

I think no one will doubt about the intention. Game master won't try to make the game worse. However, no change is perfect. If we see the change has defect, as the community member, we have the responsibility to voice out. Of course, different people have different standpoint. I will never say other are wrong. It doesn't mean the opposite is right.

As a tamer, I think the change is over-killed. If the change can be fine-tuned a bit, the world will be better. If not, I will accept it. I will shift to use alchemy macer (+bola) and alchemy stun mage for pvp and fencer (+silver) for pvm. The house of mares will remain my personal collection.

Twin_Sitees

Wanderer

I'd like to see the casting AI get tweaked around a bit, maybe slightly more intelligent poisoning/debuffing (checking to see if target is already poisoned, delaying buffs/debuffs until they would expire, etc). I personally like the more aggressive loyalty changes, and the lore change (controlling mares with 50ish lore was kind of weak)

Paracelsus

Sorceror

Twin_Sitees;1947394 said:
I personally like the more aggressive loyalty changes, and the lore change (controlling mares with 50ish lore was kind of weak)
agree.

I haven't been ingame since the changes. I don't use a PvP tamer so I am very happy thanks for the time and effort guys. I would also like to drop this in here. Reffering to the spell casting of magic weilding creatures. "This may be adjusted as appropriate over time. " This was up there before every one started bitching. Do you guys just not read, or what?

CorlathGT

Wanderer

As a tamer, I think the change is over-killed. If the change can be fine-tuned a bit, the world will be better. If not, I will accept it. I will shift to use alchemy macer (+bola) and alchemy stun mage for pvp and fencer (+silver) for pvm. The house of mares will remain my personal collection.[/QUOTE]

Really? Uo Gamers is alchemy. That's all you see anymore. The only time you don't see a count down every 5 seconds is in 5x duels. Almost pointless to play half the other templates. What's really funny is when the majority of people you run into say "Play a real template newbie!" Always referring to 7x stun alch. Only way to compare damage to an alch imo is a tamer. Which as I stated previously has alot less defense with most templates due to lack of skill points in all areas. Tanks can be good, but unless they run out of mana theres no way to really sync drop someone with a wep unless its a 70% hally swing and a preloaded fs. Even then theres usually 1 person to fight and 6 other healers.

LKP

Forum Member of the year 09'

I'm getting better at beating alchy stun mages with my tank. Still no match for alchy dexers, though. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't against those things.

Middle Man

Sorceror

Eventhough one of my favorite chars is a dex tamer with a 7x mare I can accept the gm lore part of it and I will adapt.

Eventhough I like the versatility of my mare casting a wider range of spells (especially if its para) the frequency and ratio of the spells cast doesnt seem right and I have to agree with previous posters that a 7x mare or gm magery mare should be casting higher level spells with more frequency than the easier low level spells. I dont think ultimately there will be a code that will fix that since I am sure its pretty long and evolved I think that instead you should just lower the range of spells they can cast.

ie just add a couple spells to the old spell list instead of adding them all

Hydrofiend

Knight

The list of spells that they cast has already been refined, you dont see tthem casting invis or teleport do you? They seem to be casting offensive, debuffs and bless, 15 out of the 20 spells are offensive, half of those spells are 5 circle or higher. I'de say jusy remove 2 circle and under spells, so poison/lightning are lowest spells they will cast.

Katalis

Wanderer

The lore change is clearly more bug fix than nerf, though the sooner the spell casting change gets reverted the better.