UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes - August 23rd 2009

Mark

Knight
Changes - August 23rd 2009

Changes effective August 23rd, 2009:

• Faction sigils will take 8 hours to corrupt (instead of 12 hours).
  • There is now a 10,000 silver bonus (to the town treasury) when a faction town is captured.
  • Many optimizations and small corrections (gump typos, etc) were made to faction code.
  • Several faction guards now have the ability to use magic (Paladin and Knight); magic wielding faction guards now have the ability to recall to their home location.
  • Bulk Order Books can now be opened and displayed in a trade window.
  • Archery buttes may be used every 2 seconds (instead of every 3 seconds).
  • You must be within 6 tiles of an archery butte to train with it (instead of the maximum range of the weapon).
  • Spawning code was cleaned up. This should prevent several issues from occurring (tamed spawns not unlinking from the spawner, etc).
  • AI has been cleaned up significantly. Many small issues have been corrected.
  • Pet owners may friend and un-friend other players to their pets. The friended player can only issue a few basic commands and feed the pet.
  • Magic wielding creatures and pets have a larger variety of spells at their disposal. This may be adjusted as appropriate over time.
  • There was a serious flaw with control chance calculation that was corrected. Previously, if a player had any sort of chance at all to succeed, then the player would always succeed in controlling the pet. This meant that a player with 100.0 taming and over 50.5 animal lore would always succeed in controlling a nightmare (instead of a success rate of approximately 20%). This effectively eliminated pet loyalty from having any impact on control chance as well. This has all been resolved.
  • When a pet obeys an order it will gain a small amount of loyalty. When a pet disobeys an order, it will lose a slightly larger amount of loyalty. Players who plan on spamming commands to control pets they otherwise wouldn't be able to control reliably may notice their pets becoming unhappy much faster than normal.

Re: Changes - August 23rd 2009

Ya, i noticed my summoned water elemental was feebleminding and paralyzing things. Interesting change.

Orgazmo

Knight

So just out of curiosity do you happen to know the success rate chances of a mare?
50.5 = ?%
75 = ?%
85 = ?%

CBW

Sorceror

Thanks Again Guys & Gals for working hard at keeping this server fresh & functioning. BEAUTIFUL WORK!!!

CorlathGT

Wanderer

Used to be 20 lore. It wasn't that bad. First this was changed because of OP Stun tamers. We had to sacrifice 30.5 more skill to keep this char type. Now there totally useless. As well as your tamer dexxers. Not to bitch about it, but I had made one of every type of dexxer tamer and 3 stun tamers one red one blue one faction. Anyways if its for the better I guess overall I'm for it, but as of right now I hate the changes since I played 90% of my tamers without gm lore. :). Well see how it goes. I've heard alot of people raging about it.

Mark

Knight

Orgazmo;1945727 said:
So just out of curiosity do you happen to know the success rate chances of a mare?
50.5 = ?%
75 = ?%
85 = ?%

Assuming 100.0 taming and that the nightmare is wonderfully happy..

50.5 (the minimum skill)
= 20.0% (the minimum possible chance)

= 20.0%

58.0 (the point at which you begin rising above the minimum chance)
= 21.0%

= 68.6%

= 70.0%

= 81.4%

MarcusO

Sorceror

All these faction and taming fixes are great, but how about some shard "improvements"? Ryan was promising BIG changes a year ago.

Other great fixes would be to drop the boat hold weight limit? Below I have about 1000+ stones on my deck. And the hold only holds 400. WTF?

For that matter why not add some other cool stuff? It's not like this is Pub XX with Poker and Events and mods to Factions? Why not add the MarcusO Fishing System (It's on RunUO under that name). It would make the seas more fun and increase PVP opportunities.

Don't get me wrong, UOG is still my fav (I've donated many times) free shard...it's just lately I feel like it would be good to evolve a bit. Thoughts?

Attachments

• onboat.jpg
    onboat.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 284

The Monarch

Knight

Awesme changes. I see a lot of tamers crying. hahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahah... huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh......... hahahhahahahahahahaahhaahahahahaaahahah
ahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaa
ahahahahahahahahah
ha

i dont like how my 7x mare is only casting weaken magic arrow para bless and nox. i killed prob 10 animals and only got one explode one ebolt and no flame strikes. the higher skill the mare is, the higher chance of a higher lever spell it should be. honestly why would a mare need to bless? weaken? clumsy?