UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes - August 23rd 2009

Paracelsus

Sorceror
Re: Changes - August 23rd 2009

JesseJane;1945769 said:
i dont like how my 7x mare is only casting weaken magic arrow para bless and nox. i killed prob 10 animals and only got one explode one ebolt and no flame strikes. the higher skill the mare is, the higher chance of a higher lever spell it should be. honestly why would a mare need to bless? weaken? clumsy?

I agree with u except that there is nothing wrong with the mare casting bless, weaken and clumsy. As long as it is in the spell book, it should have chance to cast.

Hmmm, it seems that I have no option at all. I have to re-structure my stun tamer skillset after this update is stablized.

Paracelsus;1945782 said:
I agree with u except that there is nothing wrong with the mare casting bless, weaken and clumsy. As long as it is in the spell book, it should have chance to cast.

Hmmm, it seems that I have no option at all. I have to re-structure my stun tamer skillset after this update is stablized.

ive already restructured my chars........still very ineffective.

WaRgAzM

Knight

Paracelsus;1945782 said:
I agree with u except that there is nothing wrong with the mare casting bless, weaken and clumsy. As long as it is in the spell book, it should have chance to cast..

So, mares should ms and eq? gate would be pretty sweet.

Paracelsus

Sorceror

I just have time to login my char to try out the effect.
I login my vet tamer with GM taming and lore. I ride on a 4x (mage) mare with ~35 wrestling and ~15 anatomy and tactics. (I dont ride on 7x as I don't want huge melee damage during the simple test.)

My testing target is on the Juka Lords. On average, it takes 2.5 min to kill one JL. I almost slept asleep. ZzzzZzz... During the fight, the mare mainly cast low circle spell and I did not see any eb and FS and did not hear any explosion.

IMO, it is fine for the mare to cast low circle spell. However, as JesseJane said, the higher skill the mare is, the higher chance of a higher lever spell it should be. It makes no sense for the GM mage not casting any high quality spell.

More surprisely, the mare is not smarter than before. It is dumb to cast GH on itself. It does heal itself but I think they are mini-heals. I need to heal my mare several times during the fight.

Overall, the patch (lore) kills the tamer pvp template. The casting mechansim makes the pet far more stupid than before. The magic of pets is virtually useless even GM. I doubt whether using pets for PVM is still an effective way to earn money? My peace archer and silver fencer can kill much much faster than the tamer... This really makes me sick about the existence of tamer.

Paracelsus

Sorceror

WaRgAzM;1945821 said:
So, mares should ms and eq? gate would be pretty sweet.
If it can EQ/MS, no one dare to ride it in town. *laugh*
If it ican gate, better gate to death trap. *lol*

Paracelsus

Sorceror

Exactly. Even I have a few PVP tamers, I think the right direction is weaken the PVP tamer template (as over-powered) not to suck PVM. Now is over-killed.

Anyway, I think the change itself is good but may need to do some tunings.

Addicted

Disciple

i don't think so. I never used trained mares to farm with, so they never did cast high lvl spells.

Paracelsus

Sorceror

You don't does not mean other don't.

If I am using my peace tamer, I may not use trained pets. If I am using my vet tamer, I definitely use trained pets. When I do PVM, time is money. Your pets kill slower, you will earn less faster.

I just used my almost 7x dragon and mare (a few points in anatomy and tactics to be perfect 7x) to hunt the balron. After the balron died, the dragon only has less than 20 points dropped in mana. You can imagine what the GM mage dragon have casted during the fight.

If the magic is of no use, why should it be trained? Simply 4x (melee + resist) is enough. Far easier to train since not touching the hard line in skill up.

Dexter420

Sorceror

Ashley12;1945844 said:
This update wrecked tamers all around pvp and pvm

My main char, Dexter420 is a PVM Peace Tamer, i use a untrained mare and drag to hunt with, i am in no way "wrecked" by this up date, in fact i dont really see much of a difference in the time it takes my pets to kill something, i noticed i think a few Mana Vamps dropped by my mare to on a elder gazer, then it poisoned my Dragon (never seen a EG use poison). I dont see what all the complaining is about.
And if it wrecked pvp tamers, they will figure out a way to make their builds work in the end.

Paracelsus

Sorceror

I didn't complain about pvp tamer. I think it is the right direction even I have pvp tamer.

My only thing I complaint is:
The GM mage (pet) doesn't cast good magic. It casts just like a baby mage.

For the monsters, they can cast paralyze, poison, etc, I think they will be make PVM more fun.

Paracelsus

Sorceror

Ah! The other thing is the pet market. No one will buy any trained pet anymore.

(I have many 7x mares and dragons. But I never sell. So, no impact on me. So, the pet market issue is not in my agenda.)

Reaves

Wanderer

having a larger spell book is great. but as i believe it was stated before - have them cast the spells on the top end of their spell book if they have the mana. its like watching a para ganker magic arrow someone to death.

FIX IT PLEASE

Reaves

Wanderer

Paracelsus;1945898 said:
Ah! The other thing is the pet market. No one will buy any trained pet anymore.

(I have many 7x mares and dragons. But I never sell. So, no impact on me. So, the pet market issue is not in my agenda.)

and people wont be training them anymore either. trying to GM magery with a magic arrow / poison casting mare is impossible.

Addicted

Disciple

Ganja_soul;1945903 said:
i dont really understand english so what the new change about archery? hehe...

Nothing. Just the training dummies that you use to work up archery.

co co

Page

JesseJane;1945769 said:
the higher skill the mare is, the higher chance of a higher lever spell it should be.

YEa sucks that gming magery on pets will now be pointless. Plz fix :<

1212n12th

Sorceror

Ok, correct me if im wrong Wonderfully happy is the happiest a pet can be. i have 2 tamers
one is gm taming and lore and vet and my mare refuses somtimes it is wonderfully happy. the other is a bola tamer gm taming 95 lore and no vet i also having problems controlling pets. what does a character need to have to control pet 100% of time ? as far as loyalty dropping will it drop all the way to wild. for ex with a hybrid drag u need to say all kill alot.

Phallen

Sorceror

Reaves;1945720 said:
larger pet spell book is horrible - the rest is great.

Agreed, this is a fucking retarded move. I understand the command and lore changes. WTF does my tamed mare/dragon need to cast feeble mind/curse on a mob and bless or any other buff on itself?! Why not leave the tamers the way they are? For PvP tamers, they have a lot more to lose when they die. Think about it, it takes a ton of time and resources to train a 7x mare. And if you decide to buy one, it will cost 500k to 1mil depending on the stats. So now u have a pvp tamer with a 7x mare. Yes they may get a kill every now and then. But honestly, a well equipped alchy stun mage will roll all over a tamers. Most pvpers have adopted to the pvp tamer. They para and invis the mare, leaving the tamer utterly useless and mountless. So now the you have a tamer running around, getting potted and wanded to death. So now the tamer dies and its 7x mare gets led to a mare trap. The tamer just lost a lot of time and gold. See, PvP tamers have a lot more to lose vs an Alchy stun mage, which this server obviously caters to, or any other class for that matter.

PS.. If a PvP Tamer wants to keep its 7x mare, it has to either donate for a summon ball ($20), which goes to keeping the server going, or buy it back from its trappers for an insane price... So in the end, PvP Tamers LOSE A TON when they die.

Footnotes -
Go back to the tamables old spell usage.
PvP Tamers vs any other template have a lot more to lose in gold and time when they die.
Alchy Stun mages with wands own tamers, yet they're not really modified (Not a bitch at all).
PvP Tamers vs any other template have a lot more to lose in gold and time when they die.