UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes - August 23rd 2009

Re: Changes - August 23rd 2009

i like all the changes except that the randomness of the monster spellcasting has made all monsters really easy to kill. you need to incorporate something where the higher level offensive spells are cast more often than lower spells according to the level of the monster. as it is right now, you don't have to worry about an explode-flamestrike combo from a lich lord, it just weaken-fireball you while you hack away on it. the only thing that makes a monster dangerous now is its melee damage. i just farmed up about 150K gold from elder gazers and i don't think i got hit with a single e-bolt or dropped below 70 health for that matter

Mara

Knight

Been testing this stuff out for the last couple of hours using a bard template and then a peace tamer with a unicorn. It is not nearly as bad as everyone is making it out to be. With the spells more balanced out, yes you are less likely to see a huge mana dump of offensive damage, but people are definitely mistaking some spell interruption for a lower impetus to cast high-level spells. I've seen flamestrikes, double flamestrikes, explosion flamestrike combos, plenty of ebolts, and I have also seen a lot of the low level spells mixed in too. A peace tamer is a great way to truly see the current spell AI. There is no denying, it's a much more balanced spell assault, for good or ill.

As far as the lich lords and elder gazers, they have never been a problem if you are using a fast one hander, as the most they would usually get off is a single flamestrike. Fighting high-level spellcasting monsters on a dexer has always been about preventing the high-level spells from coming out, for me anyway. That is why a fire-field can be so great in certain situations. Without being able to see what the monsters are trying to cast though, you don't really see all of the monster AI.

One of the issues with the PVP tamer that I have had though, is that even if you do survive the assault and have the pet damaged with no mana - there isn't anything that stops the tamer from hopping on the mount and getting the hell out of there. As much as people talk about how risky it is to play with such a high-value weapon, seldom do I find these folks truly solo or at risk - almost always having healers (I'd say faggot healers, but gay folk don't deserve that), or people they can call in to prevent a boating. It still happens of course, but it's not like you immediately lose the pet if you die the way other players lose all their crap.

Not sure why people don't see the corollary of wow, where investing a huge amount of time or money is what makes the template so powerful. The thought that hey, dexers have their runics though can't really be ignored either though. It's gay shit too.

I do feel for you tamers a bit though, because I'm sure it was an unexpected change that makes your templates more intensive to play.

creap

Sorceror

pets should not lose loyalty for not obeying a command, and at 100 taming and 100 lore you should have a 100% chance to control it. If I have to use 2 skills just to control the mare I should be able to spam all come without it going wild. This is the biggest part of this change that I hate.

boondocksaint;1946552 said:
naw it helps out them newbs who gets raped by a mare and and bola dex tamers.

newbs get raped by pure mages, in fact newbs get owned by just about anything........so u have no argument.
creap;1946728 said:
pets should not lose loyalty for not obeying a command, and at 100 taming and 100 lore you should have a 100% chance to control it. If I have to use 2 skills just to control the mare I should be able to spam all come without it going wild. This is the biggest part of this change that I hate.

ya this is kind of a dumb change also. thats like saying if u fizzle a spell from spamming keys then the next time its not gonna do as much damage or heal for as much.

bigblunts

Wanderer

ummmm i think most of you people are forgeting one thing, this is a freaking free game that we all have had thousands of fun filled hours on, and ya this new patch fucked things up a little but instead of adding helping insight, everyone wants to rage and talk shit. im sure that they will retweak it to a more aceptable level but if that isnt up to your so high standards for a free game then, maybe go outside and get some sun on your pasty overweight bodies

Paracelsus

Sorceror

creap;1946728 said:

I have tested it out. Whenever the mare disobeys you, it may go less happy. But, whenever it obeys you, it would become more happy.
If you have 50.5 lore, your pet will go content even unhappy after you repeatedly command it to come for mounting/dismount purpose.
But if your lore is high enough (I am not talking GM lore), the mare may go very happy owing to repeated disobeying. However, it usually will turn back to wonderful happy after several obeying. Overall, the mare will be in wonderful happy state most of the time.

CorlathGT

Wanderer

Phallen;1945986 said:
Agreed, this is a fucking retarded move. I understand the command and lore changes. WTF does my tamed mare/dragon need to cast feeble mind/curse on a mob and bless or any other buff on itself?! Why not leave the tamers the way they are? For PvP tamers, they have a lot more to lose when they die. Think about it, it takes a ton of time and resources to train a 7x mare. And if you decide to buy one, it will cost 500k to 1mil depending on the stats. So now u have a pvp tamer with a 7x mare. Yes they may get a kill every now and then. But honestly, a well equipped alchy stun mage will roll all over a tamers. Most pvpers have adopted to the pvp tamer. They para and invis the mare, leaving the tamer utterly useless and mountless. So now the you have a tamer running around, getting potted and wanded to death. So now the tamer dies and its 7x mare gets led to a mare trap. The tamer just lost a lot of time and gold. See, PvP tamers have a lot more to lose vs an Alchy stun mage, which this server obviously caters to, or any other class for that matter.

PS.. If a PvP Tamer wants to keep its 7x mare, it has to either donate for a summon ball ($20), which goes to keeping the server going, or buy it back from its trappers for an insane price... So in the end, PvP Tamers LOSE A TON when they die.

Footnotes -
Go back to the tamables old spell usage.
PvP Tamers vs any other template have a lot more to lose in gold and time when they die.
Alchy Stun mages with wands own tamers, yet they're not really modified (Not a bitch at all).
PvP Tamers vs any other template have a lot more to lose in gold and time when they die.

I agree. It takes a week to bond not to mention lots of money or resources to train or buy one. In one death all could be lost unless have summon ball which is alot of money to. Even if you just kill the pet eventually will be worthless. We have alot more to lose. For tanks hit a vendor 3k vanq wep whoopty do. Stun mages oh some regs and 5k here and there for kegs. Thats nothing compared to what we lose. Not to mention 90% of your pvp tamers have way less defense. A bola tamer or scribe tamer or whatever has no wrestling cant fit it in which means we get wrecked by dexxers or stunned 50% of the time atleast. Also if there spell casting wasnt random enough. You cant guarantee that it will fs or ebolt my 7x casted low spells alot already. And last but not least your stun tamers have alot to sacrifice minimal wrestling and anatomy for stun......... at best there 5x gm the way it is at best. usually 3-4xgm. Anyways after all this. I think everything was fine the way it was tamer wise it had been changed once and it helped out alot because back then I agree even playing one back then they were way OP. I hope that the tamer changes alone get restored back to the way it was atleast for the lore. The spell thing kind of does suck right now, but that can be tweaked / fixed a bit or just brought back to the old way :D

CorlathGT

Wanderer

creap;1946728 said:

i agree here with creap to and with jesse the post after another crazy tweak in the game system. Even players that dont use tamers hardly would agree to this. I had a Unicorn and it was wonderfully and within 6 commands it was somewhat content and never obeyed once. I've not heard any complaints about tamers before this from anyone that could hold there own against anything bigger than a mongbat...... There's many ways to beat any class in this game. IF you can't find one yourself or find what works than I don't know what to tell you. I've been beaten by almost every template with every template and the same flipped. Only thing I have trouble with is an alch with 60 pots + wands....

CorlathGT

Wanderer

JesseJane;1946101 said:
lol a guy spamming pots and wands is just as over powered as a tamer with a 7x mare. pot wand is roughly 40 dmg every 5 sec with no mana used. my mare def doesnt FS every 5 sec, and noone stands there and lets it bite them. i use nearly 80% of my mana healing when i fight an alchy on my pvp tamer before i get a dump in.........so to all the ppl that say pvp tamers are over powered, you are retarded....... look at an alchy mage. ever been chased by an alchy dexer with a verite hammer and a pouch full of explode pots? 80 dmg hit and a 30 dmg pot............your dead if you arent wearing top of the line armor. tamers were fine. to have a bola tamer, you give up wrestle, therefore u get hit just about every time whether its a punch or a spear. stun tamers u give up stats on other skills....maybe resist, maybe magery. you do not stun as often because you do not have 100 wrestle or anat. your pet already went wild quicker and if you didnt have 100 int and a wonderfully happy pet(with 50.5 lore) it wouldnt listen to you anyway.

Woot Another wonderful post Jesse Keep em rollin! Agreed again.

CorlathGT

Wanderer

Mighty Boognish;1946377 said:
"but when a skilled player plays a pvp tamer, the balance problems are obvious. I mean, just imagine how someone with a lot of money like JESSEJANE rolls on a pvp tamer, gheal wands, lightning wands, purple pots, bolas, 7x gm mare, every imbalance in the book, on one character.. You cant tell me that shit is fair."

so in your world... money... lightning wands... x pots bolas and 7x mares are what means your skilled...

you said it. and its just not true. the skill comes from the focus... not the items.

maybe in a lvl situation. Pets are simple paralyze it. hide it. they dismount you run. you already get a second or two head start remember on a pet you cant chase someone down and be off of it and chuck pots retard. Plus alch pots are so easy to heal without alchemy one gheal pot and i was full health after three purps. Tamers have terrible defense. Plus you tell me how many people roll by themselves nowadays. Not to mention tamers are always first target. You play one and tell me how easy it is in group battle when your first one with 11 people dumping on you and you rage because a bunch of newbs take your mare and theres nothing you can do about it.........

CorlathGT

Wanderer

JesseJane;1946215 said:
nope, i play all three of these templates. alchy mage, alchy dexer, pvp tamer. it doesnt rly make sense to implement a nerf this huge

may be the best post of 09'

best description of what PVP is. its a competition to be the best with what you are given.

hey u fucking retard.........it doesnt cost anything to get 7x mares blessed runics or wands. go farm wands, train mares and do some bods ffs. u have no clue what you are talking about. i know tons of ppl that could beat a scrub on a 7x pvp tamer. and tbh, playing a stun tamer is harder than playing a stun mage......i play both, i know. the thing is, ANYONE AT ANY TIME CAN BEAT ANYONE IN THIS GAME. it is skill based. i could kill you with a naked mage/dexer while you were on ur tamer. it may take some luck and u fucking up a bit but it is possible. some of the best faction groups do not even use exp pots or mares and they still manage to stay afloat.

BTW this one is my favorite of all..... Jesse your the man son. I play every class in the game. I like them all. I can hold my own against any of them. Hardest being the alch stun. What's extremely funny is that when watching NSU fight (itchy mainly) When he dismounts even in a lvl or when any tamer for that matter does it, but I mention Itchy cuz hes always on just a tamed mare untrained totally. No matter what 85% of the server Becomes an olympic trackstar at the sight of a mare liek there all 7x or that hard to survive...... Blows my mind..... L2p k thx.

Soooooooo i got a question so far all ive heard is that training a mare is worthless is this true are is it better if not can we get that changed were we can start training them again lol i like having a 7x dragon and mare at my side =]

CorlathGT

Wanderer

It's pretty much going to take weeks instead of days to train pets now. All the posts say there 7x pets only cast small spells and what nots. You tell me how your supposed to gm magery off of casting ma weaken poison clumsy and lightning with an occasional explo or ebolt :D Best bet is to see what happens here and hold off until something is done about this matter. Just my opinion and others :eek:

CorlathGT;1946953 said:
It's pretty much going to take weeks instead of days to train pets now. All the posts say there 7x pets only cast small spells and what nots. You tell me how your supposed to gm magery off of casting ma weaken poison clumsy and lightning with an occasional explo or ebolt :D Best bet is to see what happens here and hold off until something is done about this matter. Just my opinion and others :eek:

Thx i appreciate it=]

Mara

Knight

Donavon, people have not really adapted yet to the new changes. By resting the pet in between mana dumps, ensuring that the pet is not being interrupted by another pet's melee or spells, and using a bard with GM discord - you should be able to GM the pets magery allright. Setting two pets against eachother, separated by distance to prevent melee, and alternating the pets that you peacemake should be a decent way to proceed. GM discord will reduce the pets skills by 20% or so to allow you to get gains off lower-level spells, while the peacemaking allows the pets to mana dump free of interruption - allowing the other pet to also build up mana. I was out testing the AI earlier today, and my unicorn was dropping a decent amount of flamestrikes, explosions, and ebolts. Probably not as much as some people would like, but still adequate.

Making PVP tamers look weak seems pretty disingenuous. The para/invis thing would rarely work against anyone 1v1 unless they were asleep. They can just hop on it after para, ma it, throw an explosion pot at the ground, reveal - whatever. Chances are the reason anyone takes the time to try a PVP tamer template, is because they have seen just how effective they can be when played well.

Tossing around words that imply the staff are idiots is an interesting route to go to impress your point of view. They deserve better than that. 'Mark, you make my asshole bleed' would have been more tactful.

I feel more effin stupid that i actually wasted all my effin time reading most of these effin newb ass comments on this update. ffs they're gonna fix the damn thing, so quit ur bitching. and whoever mighty boongish is, is a retard, not the gms. Dood, ur a dipshit, qft. It takes alot more skill to use wands, expl pots, etc EFFECTIVELY in game, than just a fucking dexxer walking around swinging a war hammer, axe, long spear, etc.

Paracelsus

Sorceror

Today I command my WW to attack player, they can move (fly) faster than before. Pretty good. Great improvement!

that should be the general conveyance of this thread. Hey thnx for the update mark, however i think maybe we should go back...... not---WAAAAH!!!!!! GIve me my milk tittie. WAAAAAH!!!.

Trying

Sorceror

creap;1946728 said:

Well its never been 100% success chance at gm lore and taming, or should I say never been on official anyway, I believe it was 95% chance, at this level.
for the ones that use mares/dragons for killing, be it PvM or PvP, with a minimum lore 50.1 or whatever, this is the sacrifice you make for having points in other skills, (your taming/lore is checked against the "animal/beasts" taming minimum required, and then a % is worked out from that if you succeed on the command or not, the more lore/taming you have, the higher the chance of success.
pretty much the entire system is based on this method, a gm smith cannot always guarantee for example to make an exceptional plate chest, even though he/she has gm blacksmithing, etc...

The tamer template should be "moved" further away in my opinion from the "main stream" that it now seems to have settled in, if you sacrifice 3 gm skills to be able to tame/control/heal beasts, then they should reap the rewards from this, however at the moment, anyone that puts 85-100 in taming and 50/51 in lore has the ability to do the same thing, (within reason).

Tamers were at one time "respected" for the power that they had control over, mare/dragon/ww, etc... and were great allies to have at your side when you went out PvM'ing, now they are just a "supplier" to whomever wants to pay 10k for a mare or dragon, which will now drop to like 5k because of these changes, making it worthless to do.

Personally I would "remove" the mares/dragons etc completely away from PvP, and put the lore upto a minimum of 100 taming 80 lore, and level the playing field abit on the PvP side of things, (leaving PvP'ers to pots, etc...) but thats just me... :p
I`ll refer back to my original post earlier in this thread, and say that there is a reason that these extra spells were not orginally put into the templates of these beasts, its because of the effects that are now being seen, each "beast" had its own range of attacks/spell casting abilities, and this allowed players to "kit out" to that template, fire/cold/physical/electrical/poison, depending on what you fought, now you have to kit out for all of the above, making every "beast" the same within reason, this of course will make PvM boring after awhile, as there is nothing different from each of them, apart from melee damage and hp's.

We can continue stating various things on this untill the cows come home, but I would personally like to see mark put up a poll on the areas that are being discussed and see what the general pop think, after which depending on the outcome of it, we could then have a poll on what "extra" spells should be placed in and what we shouldn`t, though the last bit of that really isnt easy to do, and would require script alteration to a fair/medium degree. but I say poll it and see what the general outcome is, its really the only "fair" way to do this now from the posts within this thread.