UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Thank you to our DDoS attack artists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stides40oz

Knight
Re: Thank you to our DDoS attack artists

Just dont ruin a good thing. If its just items or something like that youre messing with then no big deal. But please dont change the way the game is played at all, ie. spell damage, pvp style, casting times, anything that affects the game play. Because i think everyone loves it how it is now. The shard is great as it is dont try to get fancy on us. :)

Road Dogg

Wanderer

Ryan said:
I just wanted to take the time to thank the people who have attacked the servers.

You've given all of our staff, and our players what is a much needed break from this game.

During this break I've had time to do things I would other wise not have been able to do...

Visit my house I am building... work extra projects at my job, play Civ4, hang out with friends I haven’t seen in a while, spend time with my family and misc. other things.

Unfortunately running this shard typically requires so much attention that I don’t get to do some of the little things I would like to do, or enjoy. It's a sacrifice that I make for this shard and our players... and that dedication is shown by ALL of our staff members.

You've given me the opportunity to also go through and see what we can do about our item count problem.

In some testing I found bottlenecks that allowed me to drop the shard's item count to just over 3,000,000 items, cut save times from 30+ seconds to less than 10 seconds.

It will require our players to give up some items sure, it will require some people to probably get a little angry too but hey that’s life. I built this game server on a vision of Ultima Online for the players, but our players don’t play this shard with the mentality to bring other players, they play it with the mentality to try to make the other “guy” quit. So when it comes time for me to cut a bunch of items, I don’t feel nearly as bad as one might think.

So, with that said, I am announcing that UO Gamers: Hybrid will be down until Friday.

When it comes back up it will have some game changing patches applied and the shard will have a rejuvenated feel. I’ve been waiting to do this for a long time…

I couldn’t get our players to buy into wiping the shard to restart… so fine, I wont do a shard wipe, however I assure all of you that come Friday… when this shard comes back online, you’ll see changes you both LOVE, and HATE.

I advise all of you to come with an open mind, because if you don’t you could end up disappointed on some things.

Thanks,
Ryan
Mark this day for here starts the downfall of UOGamers

mrwolfe

Sorceror

ryan said hes not getting rid of any donation rewards. that includes ethys

mrwolfe

Sorceror

elohdee said:
Can't have a downfall of somthing that already died...
Yes many people still play, yes the majority is trammies...

All the "good" pvpers on the shard have moved on and or only long on once in a blue moon, because the pvp on UOGamers has died and is nothing as what it use to be during the days of IC and the days that followed the end of IC up until the point of the day bola's were taken away, everyone crys everyone bitches and makes it change, and look at where all the changes have gone, to a complete wasteland of no pvp.

From IC days till bola removale you could log on any time, and find pvp.
However now you log on, only to sit around for about 5 hours to then find one small group of pvp which consist of trammies gone pvp because the good pvpers left, hey kinda like AoS, good pvpers gone... trammies invade pvp land.

UOGamers is the best player ran shard around, but now days its nothing more than another shard with no pvp, and honestly I don't think it will ever change ... for the better anyways :eek:

i believe your "play type" says roleplaying, so why dont you keep roleplaying and stfu about the pvp. i think its just fine and i love this shard. if you dont like it go away!!

The Borg

Wanderer

ooo, I remember how fun uo was when I was poor and had to work all the time to get my skills up---since it was on the original uo and the skill gain was slow. I kind of miss that fun. Who says poverty is no fun!!!--I am rich on uo gamers and I don't feel like it is anymore fun that when I was poor :). If you ask I will probably give some more money away----the borg is my char. I usually give people money now and then.......but please don't be a richie and trying to cheat me out of money that you don't need. :) I am usually in skara tables or dell tables. :p Come find me, if you are actually NEW!!! :) ---*people should be more generous*

Addicted

Disciple

I didn't bother to read more than the first post of this thread. I'm actually glad to get a break from UO. It's too much of an addiction.

Fletcher

Wanderer

Road Dogg said:
I think Ryan explained for me in the first post

Not to flame or anything, but it just sounds like you're worried about losing some pixel crack.

On another note, it's about time to get a nice break, I can finally work on my mid-term paper ;p. I'll be playing Hybrid no matter what the changes. Just hopefully they're some wanted changes. Either way it will leave things interesting and fun as always.

hoglegs

Sorceror

........Most, if not all of you drink and have family/friends right? This is the week to get out if you don't get out very often. Let the good times roll with some good beer and some good friends. Or if you're not old enough for that, go play some game you're momma bought for you to have on Christmas, but you whined yourself into getting before Thanksgiving.

:eek:

GeoX

Sorceror

The Borg said:
ooo, I remember how fun uo was when I was poor and had to work all the time to get my skills up---since it was on the original uo and the skill gain was slow. I kind of miss that fun. Who says poverty is no fun!!!--I am rich on uo gamers and I don't feel like it is anymore fun that when I was poor :). If you ask I will probably give some more money away----the borg is my char. I usually give people money now and then.......but please don't be a richie and trying to cheat me out of money that you don't need. :) I am usually in skara tables or dell tables. :p Come find me, if you are actually NEW!!! :) ---*people should be more generous*

i'm new, wanna spare me like 200k?

"The shard is back online. We will be shutting down for a couple of days in the future for our NEW internet connection. The new connection will help with LAG. We will post information here on the status."

BAM! Zulu said that April 16 and it still hasn't been up since. I don't was to sound like a conservative but im kinda nervous about change. It might be good, i mean, some of the houses everywhere are annoying when trying to get to a city, those could go away. WE all have thursday and friday off for thanksgiving so that kind of sucks the shard will be down.

Everytime i go onto a new shard it is down at least a month later. Should i leave? (first post)

Elf

Sorceror

NASTY_DEVILx said:
U missed a point...the server is still running... the conection to it is interrupted, thats all

Are you sure it's still running? The news posts say it's down. Also, I'd imagine IF it was still running, the admins would probably revert back to before the DDOSing started(unless the plan is to get rid of the current houses, of course).

mrwolfe

Sorceror

elohdee said:
I think my occupation also says your mom, maybe I should keep working on that too ^_~

EDIT** you're obviously new here so I'll forgive you : ( But El oH Dee does not roleplay Narb ^^
EDIT2** show me where I said I don't like the shard, I do believe I did say it was the best did I not? :{ new and not so bright I see : (
the "yo mamma" joke was great you really got me you fucker
maybe you should calm down and take hoglegs advice and get some beer.
oh yeah, you can even buy it.
i could have told ya that without your age showing it.
the maturity factor shows right through.
go ahead post again, im through with you

Elf

Sorceror

sorensen_jens said:
"
Everytime i go onto a new shard it is down at least a month later. Should i leave? (first post)

If you're asking if this shard will be gone in a month, that's a big negative. It's been up for YEARS.

Valentino

Sorceror

YOU BETTER NOT DO ANYTHING TO PISS ME OFF RYAN. haha just kidding. have a good break.

erek

Wanderer
Thanksgiving for me is no school and now no UO. I have no sink to drian my time with. If I knew how to read maybe I'd read a book... Maybe I should try getting back with the girlfriend I dumped for UO. :\\

At least until Friday.
-erek.

Status
Not open for further replies.