UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Thank you to our DDoS attack artists

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryan

Thank you to our DDoS attack artists

I just wanted to take the time to thank the people who have attacked the servers.

You've given all of our staff, and our players what is a much needed break from this game.

During this break I've had time to do things I would other wise not have been able to do...

Visit my house I am building... work extra projects at my job, play Civ4, hang out with friends I haven’t seen in a while, spend time with my family and misc. other things.

Unfortunately running this shard typically requires so much attention that I don’t get to do some of the little things I would like to do, or enjoy. It's a sacrifice that I make for this shard and our players... and that dedication is shown by ALL of our staff members.

You've given me the opportunity to also go through and see what we can do about our item count problem.

In some testing I found bottlenecks that allowed me to drop the shard's item count to just over 3,000,000 items, cut save times from 30+ seconds to less than 10 seconds.

It will require our players to give up some items sure, it will require some people to probably get a little angry too but hey that’s life. I built this game server on a vision of Ultima Online for the players, but our players don’t play this shard with the mentality to bring other players, they play it with the mentality to try to make the other “guy” quit. So when it comes time for me to cut a bunch of items, I don’t feel nearly as bad as one might think.

So, with that said, I am announcing that UO Gamers: Hybrid will be down until Friday.

When it comes back up it will have some game changing patches applied and the shard will have a rejuvenated feel. I’ve been waiting to do this for a long time…

I couldn’t get our players to buy into wiping the shard to restart… so fine, I wont do a shard wipe, however I assure all of you that come Friday… when this shard comes back online, you’ll see changes you both LOVE, and HATE.

I advise all of you to come with an open mind, because if you don’t you could end up disappointed on some things.

Thanks,
Ryan

R

Ryan

Re: Thank you to our DDoS attack artists

Oh yah... PLAY REBIRTH.

www.uorebirth.com

Shamus-hybrid

Traveler

so you're adding no PvP trammel!!! lol

are you going to give us any hints on what you're going to be doing to our lovely shard?

R

Ryan

Shamus said:
so you're adding no PvP trammel!!! lol

are you going to give us any hints on what you're going to be doing to our lovely shard?

not a single one.

angery

Wanderer
Hey

I was wondering will u be delting things that we got for donating? like money and stuff cuz that would suck:(

Can't say it enough,

Thanks Ryan and the rest of the staff. As one, I enjoy this game immensely, but I enjoy the fact that you realize it's a game most of all. So many players take the game to be their life and while you have shown tremendous dedication to the shard and the playerbase, it's to provide the few of us that love the game, with a place to play it. The forums are a great way to kill time when I'm bored at work, and the server is fast, available, populated, and free, which makes me ever thankful that there are gamers like you out there that try and preserve the fun. I look forward to these changes as I'm sure they are in the best interest of the shard and even though you want to keep the players you have by pleasing everyone, you know when to put the Boot'o'Stomping to the floor and get things done.

Congrats on building your house, Ryan. And thanks for providing a fun place for online gaming.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

Well if someone is going to quit over a few items, thats rather pathetic :/

Ryan has run a good shard to date, I doubt he would do anything to completly destroy it, I could be wrong tho, lets wait and see :)

R

Ryan

Ejin said:
...or make everyone quit.

which is most likely.

I seriously doubt that anyone will quit... well anyone that we dont want to quit.

I will tell you this. It's not going to be statloss. And you're not going to loose donation items.

LoX-Cats

Wanderer

take all the flashy neon shit away ryan.
i see this shard as a pvp oriented shard, but it seems as if 1/2 the ppl on this shard are dressing themselves up more then the bank sitting tamers on osi. stop acting like tamers and pvp.

R

Ryan

LoX-Cats said:
take all the flashy neon shit away ryan.
i see this shard as a pvp oriented shard, but it seems as if 1/2 the ppl on this shard are dressing themselves up more then the bank sitting tamers on osi. stop acting like tamers and pvp.

Not going to happen.:eek:

Shamus-hybrid

Traveler

Since the server is going to be offline for a week, what is going to happen to housing? I suspect that there will be quite a few houses that fall because they wern't refreshed too recently. I'm not sure how long it takes for a house to collapse from new, but i just thought I'd ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.