UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Thank you to our DDoS attack artists

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeKurtz

Wanderer
Re: Thank you to our DDoS attack artists

i think this cleaning would be a great opportunity to balance the economy of the shard, including skills used for work... this server is real good in my opinion, i wouldn´t quit it for another shard, but it´s very clear that there is a huge suply/demmand problem that is making player trades very difficult... i´m sure all of us got happy wich every smithing point gained easily without even needing to macro, but the disappointment was even bigger when we found out it was worthless..... and this is a problem that tends to grow, at least doesnt tend to end by itself...

my suggestions for this would be for example dropping a bit of everybody´s working skills on the areas that are unbalanced and make it harder to build it again, and maybe delete some items... and would be good to define an ingame place to make more player trades, the brit bank just wasn´t good enough, i don´t think this sould be a PvP only shard, it could be more fun with more trade.. but congratulations for the shard anyway, thanks for keeping it, i´ll keep appreciating it whatever changes are made..

Cagalli

Sorceror

Mia said:
Some of the off topic posts have been removed. Please remember that the appropriate place to discuss PvP Guilds/PvP Factions is in the Guilds or Factions forums.

Also, while your feedback is both welcome and a necessary part of the continued positive growth of this server, please remember that this is not just a game about PvP, it's not just a game for killing monsters, or just a game for socializing. This game has enjoyed the lifespan it has because it is all of these things and more to many kinds of people. So if you PvP, it does not mean that everybody who enjoys other aspects of the game needs to die or be obliterated from the face of the server, and just because you don't PvP doesn't mean that those who do should not have their needs be a priority. Please try to remember this when you word your opinions. All of you are equally important to us. ;)

Thank You Mia.

I think that any reduction of playerbase caused by this change would be good.
Open the window and let some of the fuckwads fly out.

Well i guess this is a good time to go out and work on the good old ford probe... The damn thing has had a leaky VC Gasket for about a month... Maybe ill actually decide to get off my ass and fix it...

Ryan is a freaking stud!!!

To hell with the whiners. Do whatever you see fit!!!

If anyone leaves because of it, well I hope the door doesn't hit their backside on the way out!

blindfoldedhope said:
Well i guess this is a good time to go out and work on the good old ford probe... The damn thing has had a leaky VC Gasket for about a month... Maybe ill actually decide to get off my ass and fix it...

I just replaced a leaky head gasket on my honda civic... What a job that was.

kalak-hybrid

Wanderer

DHTJelloBiafra said:
Ryan is a freaking stud!!!

To hell with the whiners. Do whatever you see fit!!!

If anyone leaves because of it, well I hope the door doesn't hit their backside on the way out!

Ryan said:
but our players don’t play this shard with the mentality to bring other players, they play it with the mentality to try to make the other “guy” quit. So when it comes time for me to cut a bunch of items, I don’t feel nearly as bad as one might think.

does anyone see how these two fit together? Once again, I just feel that the general mood of the admin on this shard has changed. The changes sound nice, but, i hope they are done with thought and do not alienate people who play the game for things other than PvP, such as rares. I don't personally choose to sit at the bank all day showing off my pixel crack, but I respect the choice of those who do.

Ryan said:
I just wanted to take the time to thank the people who have attacked the servers.

You've given all of our staff, and our players what is a much needed break from this game.

During this break I've had time to do things I would other wise not have been able to do...

Visit my house I am building... work extra projects at my job, play Civ4, hang out with friends I haven’t seen in a while, spend time with my family and misc. other things.

Unfortunately running this shard typically requires so much attention that I don’t get to do some of the little things I would like to do, or enjoy. It's a sacrifice that I make for this shard and our players... and that dedication is shown by ALL of our staff members.

Thanks,
Ryan

Nice work mate, you do an outstanding job, and receive little apreciation for it, im glad to hear you returned to the RL for a bit, and i hope you enjoy it, while you get the chance,

as for me i would also like to thank those small dicked nerds who crashed the shard the other morning, i took the day off work to study for my exams today, and instead i found my self loggin into UO for a 15+ hour strech, thanks to you guys, i actually studied, and passed my exams with no problems,

so i would like the extend a warm thankyou to those who's, intentions were to cause harm, you helped me allot.

i hope you all have a great christmas, and a happy new year ( including the Hybrid staff )

:)

Ducymickks

Nephtyes

Sorceror

I think this is a great thanksgiving present. It will teach us all that we really should be thankful for the great service that the staff provides for us. Given all the withdrawl that everyone is having, im sure that when the shard comes up people will just be glad to be playing again. I can't wait for the new changes I always like something different. For anyone who wants to quit over a few items, or changes I think its sad, and maybe you should re-evaluate why you play this game in the first place.

I personally blame Ryan for this Ddos attack.

But on a serious note it will be great if they bring in powerscrolls as those things were a huge money sink on EA shards.

Morfeous

Sorceror

This was a bad week to come back to UO.... I was a 5 year vet in the normal version.... Even though im only 16... and i took a break for about a year and tried my luck with lineage 2.... WoW... SWG.... none of them were the same as good old UO

But the new uo with samurais and elves.... and ninjas and LRC suits (lower regeant cost) which can be 100% so mages dont have to even hold regs....

Its just not fun...

So i came to this server....

2 days in... and the server goes down hahahaah

I hope this doesnt show its normal server reliablity...

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

Morf, I will tell you now 100% this is not normal for the server, its normally very reliable and always up!

Its a great shard to play on and I hope you enjoy your time here, like must others do.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

Betty-Starburst said:
But on a serious note it will be great if they bring in powerscrolls as those things were a huge money sink on EA shards.

:eek:

Minimejgd

Wanderer

Is Sallos down all week too?

Ryan ask Krrios to fix Sallos, I have to hand Mini Me's ass to himself in Tetris. Please! :)

P.S. Ryan it's fucking snowing outside...I fucking hate snow in cincy, drivers are retarded around here.

R a c e c a R said:
Is Sallos down all week too?

Ryan ask Krrios to fix Sallos, I have to hand Mini Me's ass to himself in Tetris. Please! :)

P.S. Ryan it's fucking snowing outside...I fucking hate snow in cincy, drivers are retarded around here.
u goto purdue for school right? WANKER is in school right now at UC. :/

Slim

Wanderer

Hey Ryan, how is Civ4? I'm probably getting it for Christmas, but it's at the top of a list of a few other games.

Minimejgd

Wanderer

Son of Wanker said:
u goto purdue for school right? WANKER is in school right now at UC. :/
I go to purdue, but i'm back home in cincinnati for the holiday.

Gankis Khan

Sorceror

I think that is is a good thing that the shard is down until Friday, although I was looking forward to playing to night and tomorrow because I have no work or school. It will be Thanksgiving and we should be spending it with family and friends rather than sitting in front of a computer all day. Cheers! Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.