UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Thank you to our DDoS attack artists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damn't

Sorceror
Re: Thank you to our DDoS attack artists

Hmmm... *Curious look*
I'm new here, but you sound almost burnt out with all the shit your going through for us to play on your shard.. You don't see this shard going down for good anytime soon do you? *Worried look*
Items that are deleted.. Does that include items that might be in bank boxes also?

Damn't

Sorceror

I've only been playing a few days on this shard since taking a break from UO for a few years.. But I think what you're doing is awesome! I hope to see this shard up for a few more years... (At least) I'd hate to have to go back to paying for UO.. (The other shards i've tried suck so...)

kalak-hybrid

Wanderer

So in effect, the DDoSers won. They greatly affected the outcome of the shard beyond the downtime they caused. Isn't this like giving in to terrorist demands or something?

that being said, I don't mind the changes...I'm actually looking forward to them, I just feel the reasons for them are faulty.

Revelations said:
I think we should have given the new CUB event a chance before we go away and do some massive deletion. I personally have close to 2500 items I was going to toss in the fire, I am sure others are pack rats like me; just a thought!

Dont think your gonna have those items anymore. Personally I think, and I hope this is the case, that ryan is deleting all trammy shit. The fuck, I <3, fire arrows, army sashes, flowers, and anything like that. I hope he keeps hearths for a home fire and tapesrties of sosaria because i think those look great in houses. I also think that we will get the duel pits back as safezones due to the whole poisoning problem, and the wild predicition is that some item is introduced in game to recall pets. These are my guesses/opinions.

R

Ryan

NASTY_DEVILx said:
U missed a point...the server is still running... the conection to it is interrupted, thats all

nay.

Brenden

Wanderer

Ryan,

Whatever you decide to do up to, and including a shard wipe, I am 100% in support and I thank you and the rest of the staff for all your hard work. Now go enjoy the holiday with your family and we'll all still be here when Hybrid comes back.

Brenden

Wanderer

DasSchaf said:
Wow.
I think this week will be my oportunity to reduce UO back from "50% of my life" to a game again, and maybe have even more fun than i allready had.

And as long as my beloved main characters are not deleted on friday i will be here.... and if it has to be then even all alone with choru <3

Who are you kidding? You are going to spend all that time trying to get the post count up on the million post thread. :p

R

Ryan

sorensen_jens said:
"The shard is back online. We will be shutting down for a couple of days in the future for our NEW internet connection. The new connection will help with LAG. We will post information here on the status."

BAM! Zulu said that April 16 and it still hasn't been up since. I don't was to sound like a conservative but im kinda nervous about change. It might be good, i mean, some of the houses everywhere are annoying when trying to get to a city, those could go away. WE all have thursday and friday off for thanksgiving so that kind of sucks the shard will be down.

Everytime i go onto a new shard it is down at least a month later. Should i leave? (first post)

Shard is going no where.

Bacon

Wanderer

Key word I saw was zulu, zulu (zha) was a great fun shard but the player base was lower im pretty sure of!, one of the changes we had was addition of extra types of weapons, could perhaps be a good idea ryan whilst you are thinking of ways to change the shard, will mix up the pvp that bit more

elohdee

Knight

mrwolfe said:
the "yo mamma" joke was great you really got me you fucker
maybe you should calm down and take hoglegs advice and get some beer.
oh yeah, you can even buy it.
i could have told ya that without your age showing it.
the maturity factor shows right through.
go ahead post again, im through with you

coming from the guy personally attacking me over the net, please continue to be a trammy and I'll continue to work on your mom : { ^_^

please stay on topic for further responses, don't go jump off topic because you lose at coversating : (

Breannain

Wanderer

Could this have anything to do with why my UOGateway ID and password are not working? I was on Reirth for some time, but not anymore. Somethings up... Thanks for all your hard work on the issue regardless of the outcome. Change what you must, I say. No way in hell I'm leaving. That is if I get to log in ever....

R

Ryan

elohdee said:
coming from the guy personally attacking me over the net, please continue to be a trammy and I'll continue to work on your mom : { ^_^

please stay on topic for further responses, don't go jump off topic because you lose at coversating : (

Who are you?

Mia-hybrid

Wanderer

Some of the off topic posts have been removed. Please remember that the appropriate place to discuss PvP Guilds/PvP Factions is in the Guilds or Factions forums.

Also, while your feedback is both welcome and a necessary part of the continued positive growth of this server, please remember that this is not just a game about PvP, it's not just a game for killing monsters, or just a game for socializing. This game has enjoyed the lifespan it has because it is all of these things and more to many kinds of people. So if you PvP, it does not mean that everybody who enjoys other aspects of the game needs to die or be obliterated from the face of the server, and just because you don't PvP doesn't mean that those who do should not have their needs be a priority. Please try to remember this when you word your opinions. All of you are equally important to us. ;)

darkmane

Wanderer

i just feel sorry for the people who were caught by suprize the first time, and the noobs with 250k who JUST found trammie masks affordable.... shame

I only fear that the changes are going to have more of an effect on the general populous of the shard than ryan thinks they will. Such things like making pets weaker or taking out blessed items or reducing the amount of time that items/corpses remain on the ground b4 they are deleted. I am also afraid of losing the things that i bought with gold that i donated for. I would imagine that fuck trammie gear is gone, and probably stupid things like fire horns. Or maybe put a decay timer on all of the weapons and armor in the game, so if you leave armor in your bank box for a week it will auto-delete itself. I dont think that mounts would be removed, because that would NOT even out pvp, because tamers would rule you ALL with stuff like duel mares and such. Although the break is welcomed, we dont want anymore of this:

Status
Not open for further replies.