UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Rules Update - 3/9/07

Re: Rules Update - 3/9/07

Heavy Smoker;1290749 said:
what was mass deleted? hopefully all the illegal added shit.
I'd assume so. Not mass deleting of legitimate items or characters...would seem rather silly to do so.

stunna99;1290159 said:
or am i just wrong and didnt have what everybody uses Krios for... i dont care i used it for one day on StunnA... didnt like how it looked and couldnt understand it so i stopped using it

The truth is heard.....

Spoony

Page

Doesn't matter if you use it for one day or not the program is illegal it was announced illegal. You trying it makes it you cheating or trying to cheat just cause you didnt know how to work doesnt mean you arent a cheater! Burn Cheater Burn Rott and get everything delted... GOOD JOB RYAN HOOORAH

Spoony

Page

destrogalx;1290525 said:
I think you just cited that persona that I was trying to encapsulate by that dialog.

If you can detect these "cheaters" why aren't you putting up methods in game to detect the actions that they are implementing and block them? It just seems like poor development to me. Could you possibly explain why you aren't correcting these systems of exploitation?

There did correct it, the people found ways around there corrections once again so now they will be delted for giving staff and scripters are hard time.... It's quite simple.

Zippy

Razor Creator

simplyshane;1290067 said:

Are you on the list?

ROFL

destrogalx;1290525 said:
If you can detect these "cheaters" why aren't you putting up methods in game to detect the actions that they are implementing and block them? It just seems like poor development to me. Could you possibly explain why you aren't correcting these systems of exploitation?
Of course if we have the ability to detect people then we have the ability to "block" them. Consider this: If we outright block them with a "OMG you haxed the gibson" message then it is far easier for them to figure out what they did to get the message, then they can go about trying to get around the message, and eventually they will. If, instead of giving them a message, we silently log them when they do shit like this and then come in a week later and ban them, not only does it send a *much* stronger message, but it makes it very hard to figure out what is going on.

The bottom line is: We aren't trying to be nice to the cheaters and tell them "oh no don't cheat" we are saying "Oh it looks like you cheated 5 weeks ago... Sorry? TOO BAD!

Nienor;1289263 said:
I have seen that as well it seems to have happened to me after a server reset or a crash I have seen that 2 times on my player chars and I have never used the client either.
There are several causes for that message (if you notice, it says "PlayUO or old OSI client") and we can differentiate between violators and innocents.

plague_spores-hybrid;1289071 said:
I logged on to uo once after it was banned not knowing and it kicked me off after a couple seconds, that is when i found out it was banned. Will people who logged on like that without knowing be deleted too? Or do you somehow have a way to tell who has broken through that auto kick thing?
We can tell who has attempted to circumvent the blocking.

Hey, I was just wondering when the post of the cheaters list will be on here. We're all dieing to see who has been cheating!

impactaway

Wanderer

II WKD;1291472 said:
Hey, I was just wondering when the post of the cheaters list will be on here. We're all dieing to see who has been cheating!

I am thinking the exact same thing!!! I really want to know.

LilGuy

Sorceror

Obviously they will post the list when it is completed...stop asking for the list..even i am getting annoyed...we're all waiting and anticipating the list just like you are..only not all of us are begging for a date..this isnt an XBOX 360 guys, the release date doesnt matter...just wait and see...