UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Rules Update - 3/9/07

LilGuy

Sorceror
Re: Rules Update - 3/9/07

i take that back...i guess the idoc hunters are humping this thread every ten minutes..

Jackson221

Wanderer

Lilguy, perhaps your not in the same boat as almost 50% of the people on this server. Not every anxious individual here is an IDOC hunter. Some are of us whom have been playing on this server for 6 months to a year and STILL do not possess a home. Not because we lack the funds, but because #1 they don't trust anyone on this server enough to buy a home off of someone else. Not to mention there isn't any guide based on protocol of how to buy a home that I know of. (I wonder why that is?) #2 they can't find a spot to place a home do to the fact this server consist of nothing but IDOC profiteers. Challenge that statement if you will, but I'd love someone to show me their bank balance of 50mil that can honestly state they have never sold homes (IDOCS) for major profit.

Me and most of my friends make fun of the situation and joke, "Heck I thought I signed up for a free UO shard. Obviously, we accidently signed up for UO-Monopoly." :)

Don't get me wrong, I love the server and all. I just wish the rules in place concerning housing were enforced. When you see the same people over and over at IDOCs claim the land with placement scripts, and wait and wait and NEVER see them selling these multiple lands they've claimed you gotta wonder how they manage to hoard 30 homes with only 4 accounts per IP. Then again, perhaps they have 30 IPs. In this case, I would propose the system rules are very flawed.

A grand case in point was last Monday morning when Ryan annouced. 'Plots opening up in a land near you.' Not an exactly quote, but close enough. I knew immediately he was hinting Yew. I went there only to see the same IDOCing hoarders who had already placed on all the land. Yet, to this day I've not seen one of those homes for sale in the Selling Area of the forums.

The way I view this whole thing is... one guys account was deleted due to house hoarding(cheating). Only to alert a bunch of other rule breakers (house hoarders with 10 accounts, script placers, etc.) to where they can grab/hoard more spots. My question would be what's the point there? I'm not trying to question anyone's judgement, so I hope I don't offend anyone. Just my view as a newer member of this server. Kinda think of it as "from the outside, looking in..." kinda thing.

I Cheat

Wanderer

This has nothing to do with IDOCs it has to do with PvP. PlayUO doesn't really help placing IDOC it helps in PvPs.

Eomir

Sorceror

I can feel them. It is my destiny to find them. Them all!
Can I have the list....

Attachments

• Cyler.jpg
    Cyler.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 171

LilGuy

Sorceror

Jackson221;1292873 said:
Some are of us whom have been playing on this server for 6 months to a year and STILL do not possess a home. Not because we lack the funds, but because #1 they don't trust anyone on this server enough to buy a home off of someone else. Not to mention there isn't any guide based on protocol of how to buy a home that I know of.

If you dont know how to tell the difference between a legit house deed and some idiot using a scam i feel sorry for you...Your quote made me laugh tbh...

Jackson221

Wanderer

Good point I Cheat, I guess I got way off topic here, won't happen again. Was just commenting to Lilguy's post.

Btw, Lilguy, thanks for the feedback, but you don't get it. I don't have a CLUE to how buying a house works here. PERIOD! I'm new to the server. You expect me to know what a house deed looks like, when I've had 0 experience with houses on the server. I've never even seen a REAL house deed. Anyway, we can take this to another thread if you'd like, for (as I Cheat pointed out) this is getting WAY off topic.

My simple suggestion is for someone to start a thread in Questions & Answers(with pictorials) onto how house buying and selling works and info on known scams. I think I will do this soon, and see what feedback I get.

thanks again...

Pepsi_Rox

Knight

I Cheat;1292908 said:
This has nothing to do with IDOCs it has to do with PvP. PlayUO doesn't really help placing IDOC it helps in PvPs.

KUOC helps placing.

i used to use it before it was illegal and i could max out a plot first try on anywhere, any island any forest anything

Countessa

Knight

Jackson221;1292975 said:
Good point I Cheat, I guess I got way off topic here, won't happen again. Was just commenting to Lilguy's post.

Btw, Lilguy, thanks for the feedback, but you don't get it. I don't have a CLUE to how buying a house works here. PERIOD! I'm new to the server. You expect me to know what a house deed looks like, when I've had 0 experience with houses on the server. I've never even seen a REAL house deed. Anyway, we can take this to another thread if you'd like, for (as I Cheat pointed out) this is getting WAY off topic.

My simple suggestion is for someone to start a thread in Questions & Answers(with pictorials) onto how house buying and selling works and info on known scams. I think I will do this soon, and see what feedback I get.

thanks again...

House Trading

Other Housing info - right menu

Jackson221

Wanderer

Thank you Tessa. I didn't know this information existed. Well at least not the extent which you provided to me. Again, thank you for helping a lowly noob. :)

roflcakes

Wanderer

Snooze575;1289400 said:
AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA sux to be some people for sure...

i hope some people who are in tight with the GMS that do happen to use the client get deleted still...

It won't. This list will be more censored than Hostile on Fox at 7p.m.

roflcakes

Wanderer

stunna99;1290140 said:
Sad part is... you will still see Akasha with un tamable pets owning you with one hit kills and same with Mark... yet everybody else is cheating lol funny shit heheh

yeah, pretty sad isnt it? gm's AND their .. things..get to cheat.

roflcakes

Wanderer

Sam-hybrid;1290146 said:
remeber tho Akasa's been here for a while now and marks and admin, best thing to do is just stay away from her, that way no harm no foul :)

why should we have to "stay away" from a gm who cheats and sends you to jail when you talk shit? why is SHE allowed to play with the all the admin privilages?

Mistro;1289214 said:
Ive never used "KUOC" nor has anyone been on my account, and ive seen this as well. I just reinstalled and patched all the way and was able to log back on

although i didnt think of it much at the time, now im a bit worried.

glad i saved the screenshot

is this the same "error" you saw Ajax?

Serios loss of Punkte for TB :p

Sam-hybrid

Knight

roflcakes;1293269 said:
why should we have to "stay away" from a gm who cheats and sends you to jail when you talk shit? why is SHE allowed to play with the all the admin privilages?

shes not a gm.... i never said she was, well considering its a free server and people can basicly do what they want why not eh, maby u get jailed cause you bitch or trash talk i duno, people only get jailed if they break the rules which are in place so ever one can have fun on the shard.

impactaway

Wanderer

roflcakes;1293269 said:

haha, i agree nothing is worse than being chased down by "an evil bear" that does nothing but exhales flamestrikes by a guy who is house camping in a house he placed on top of bux bank. hehehe