UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Publish 72 - 12/13/2006

joey2ultima

Sorceror
Re: Publish 72 - 12/13/2006

Alkiser are you liking the idea of sign decay state only being able to be viewed by owner + friends?

I like what you did so far because your making it a real challenge for the idoc hunters now and idoc hunting /pvp is really fun and a huge aspect of this shard.
But to nerf the ability to know when a house is idoc or its states is really killing this fun aspect of uo and this shard so I hope you are not thinking towards that.

Idoc pvp is by far the funnest pvp on the shard, unlike factions there is somethign to actaully fight over an accomplish (killing everyone at the idoc and holding the area down), there is a main objective for everyone there threw out the hours of intense battle and awaiting the idoc to fall proving land and loots for all who have survived the battle.

Knowing the EXACT time of a falling idoc does kill the intesity of the battle because many are assured the house will fall within a certain time, therefore they do not need to encounter battle till the last minute, which must frustrate others who do not use exploits to aquire exact falling times..

I have a suggestion, purhaps modify house stages time, so people can still hunt for falling houses, but elimanate the ability to Perfectly time houses, aswell as shorter "the wait" when waiting for a house to fall. Staff have already fixed the ability to script place. To do this and make it fun this is what I would suggest.

Lengthen the Time a house sits at Fairly Worn, When a house goes Greatly worn "randomly" within the next 5 days it ill go "idoc". (instead of exactly after 5 days). Once the house goes idoc it will "randomly" fall within the next 6? hours.

What this will create is people can search for fairly and greatly worn houses like before, but now they wont camp ghosts at houses, there would be no point. They will have to manually check up on greatly worn houses, if a change occures, the house will be idoc and now they know they better get shit together and fight for the idoc becuase it could fall anytime soon, 6 hour max is not to long considering it could fall within the hour, plus unless you check up on your greatly worn plots every hour manually its likely when you find a greatly changed to idoc it might have been in idoc stage for some time, giving you more motive to stay and a more intense pvp battle since NO ONE will know when its going to fall, and its not somehting rediculous like a 28.8 hour random fall time where you going to have to waste a day, where talking 6 hour max till fall, which would be hella good war.

I think idoc hunting should really benefit those who play and not those who afk macro. Those who fight for best position, not those who script place.

Idoc's aside from poker is a VERY good way to make an earning. For the individual idoc hunter with smaller idocs or entire guilds doing idocs together with those larger 18x18 idocs.

I for one made most of my richest based around Idocs. I think Im a pretty knowledgable idoc hunter. I think the system is moving in the right direction for sure, half perfet because of the new placing changes.

What I see now is :

Placing, as long as there is items in the idoc no one is going to script place, therefore you need to be able to fight for the loot and plot. I LOVE THIS TY STAFF. Placing 100% perfect.

Timing and falling. Well now ghosts cant perfectly time, you need to be alive and hidden and try not to get found to do this (lucky razor has the ability to make your screen res friggin huge, ill be 5 screens away timing my idocs boys)
So basicly you made it harder for people to perfectly time but you did not stop it.

Stides40oz

Knight

man the thing i miss about wands the most is when all the bluebie newbies are running out of town casting on you till theyre out of mana then running back in.
I miss being able to catch them with a stun exp eq wand. And wtf you cant even run while using a wand?? It actually makes you stop running. Why do people who cant hang get catered to?

Tusk

Sorceror

top notch said:
fuck that anyone can insta wand, why are they taking it out.. just cause noobs dont have enough skill to do it doesnt meen they should fuck it up for the more experienced.. but i say yay to everything else..

noobs? for fuck's sake you prob made it a script in raazor to do exp eq wand exp pot

razor is doing it, so you are just another razor noob who think you are leet because you can make a 5 line macro

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

joey2ultima said:
Alkiser are you liking the idea of sign decay state only being able to be viewed by owner + friends?

no its bad.

Stides said:
Ok Ive never seen you in my uo life but thats beside the point. 90% of people in factions wont die to a simple mana dump.
You need to have a secondary damage causes skill like a weapon or alchemy. Pure mages (stun)can only really have alchemy as a damage adder.
You nerf alchemy and pure mage fights would be as boring as pure dexor fight.
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Agreed! But lets look at the technical "wand". Think about it... once you put a wand in your hand, it should be ready to rip right? at the very MOST, there could be a delay, but we have to stop now? I might as well throw all of my wands on the ground! the only good part about this is that they dont use mana and you cant disrupt it.... I must say that the sole reason for this wand "fix" was because of the eq dump. In my opinion, the eq dump is by far the most unlegit of all. Alchys gotta stay the same though; their dumps are completely legit and survivable, wand or no wand. Furthermore, a good alchy dump can't be completely macroed into one button, like the eq can.

i gotta say that pvp is going to reach a downfall if this keeps up (dare I say just like osi before it went downhill), and the newer and/or less skilled players again are getting catered to because of their constant bitching.

On the upside: Great job on the rest of the patch guys, everything is looks great! Idoc wars are going to be that much more interesting now....

Btw... can anyone define noob anymore? I've counted about 50 "noobs" so far. Such an over used word.....

cursis

Wanderer

Well let's see here.... the usage of enpensive items in PvP sounds alot like AoS to me, and we all know how 99% of AoS went...

I will say this, 90% of the population on this shard DIDN'T use wands in PvP.. it was the people who could spend the 10k on a lightning wand that used them in PvP... GREAT CHANGE i like the idea.

The ghost thing is awesome as well... i never ever used a ghost to get times on idocs... i always recalled every hour or so.... i guess that's why i didn't do so well on idocs...

All they need to do now is make banning from a house temporary and per-character rather than permanent and per-account... that would be sweet.

dmms

Wanderer

Ghosts can no longer see the decay level of houses.
that was GREAT !!!!!! :D !!!!!!!!!!! no more scripting !!!!

Rudy Tamer

Wanderer

Fedorov said:
i wasnt saying i cant heal it, because i can, i was just stating the fact that now newbies wont think they are the shit because they can hit a macro

qft!

Rudy Tamer

Wanderer

joey2ultima said:
Stides and Heavy are both right about the effects this will have on pvp 1v1's.
Pure mages will be further gimped come 1v1 so youll need to travel with 2+ people when playing true mages. Otherwise people going out solo are better off playing some sort of dexxer character build. Which leads to more dexxer 1v1's and more dexxers getting ganked by mages in groups. As far as 2v2's or group pvp this wont affect anything really.

One thing I would like to see happen would be some sort of balanced method of giving mages more mana to cast with. Not changing damage but give them the ability to throw more spells in shorter periods of time.

dexxer vs mage.. mage dumps, dexxer heals. Mage runs in a circle untill full mana, repeat. Dexxer will chase but honestly has his best attack oppertunity while the mage is casting because he is not moving.

mage vs mage.. mage 1 dumps, mage 2 heals. reverse. Med, wait. Repeat.

So a little more mana in the 1v1 scene would make things little more fun and intense. In group fights maybe it would stop people from dumping and running when low mana. Bad thing would be japs having more ebolt and chain posion mana hehe. little more mana for pvm wouldnt hurt either. I dont think boosting like int levels is a good idea but maybe up med levels a little?
Maybe I have not thought this out 100% considerig all things but from everythign I have considered it sounds like a good idea to me. Boost med levels!!! :p

if you think 1v1 mage pvp is being hurt due to this publish maybe you should consider uninstalling.

tbh i was sick of people with their wand macros, maybe if everyone did wands by hand like theyre supposed to be done it wouldnt have been such a big deal.

Sammich

Wanderer

joey2ultima said:
Stides and Heavy are both right about the effects this will have on pvp 1v1's.

dexxer vs mage.. mage dumps, dexxer heals. Mage runs in a circle untill full mana, repeat. Dexxer will chase but honestly has his best attack oppertunity while the mage is casting because he is not moving.

mage vs mage.. mage 1 dumps, mage 2 heals. reverse. Med, wait. Repeat.

This is just how Ultima Online is, if your not enjoying it or feel like you need more content then you need to move on to another game.

watermon

Sorceror

Ansem said:
if you think 1v1 mage pvp is being hurt due to this publish maybe you should consider uninstalling.

tbh i was sick of people with their wand macros, maybe if everyone did wands by hand like theyre supposed to be done it wouldnt have been such a big deal.

then maybe they should also remove drinking potion and bandage self in razor hotkeys as i believe they should be doubleclicked urself ?

oh yea, remove useonce so no one pop pouches immediately ?

how about that prick ? =\

sick of people using wand macros ? how hard is it to do that ? or u just can't afford to lose them ? oh com on =\

because people can't afford to lose them, and now the rich people doesn't get to use their wands then maybe people shouldn't beable to just press a hotkey to cure or a hotkey to bandage self. it was suppose to be done that way aye ?

how bout that HUH HUH HUH !!

watermon said:
then maybe they should also remove drinking potion and bandage self in razor hotkeys as i believe they should be doubleclicked urself ?

oh yea, remove useonce so no one pop pouches immediately ?

how about that prick ? =\

sick of people using wand macros ? how hard is it to do that ? or u just can't afford to lose them ? oh com on =\

because people can't afford to lose them, and now the rich people doesn't get to use their wands then maybe people shouldn't beable to just press a hotkey to cure or a hotkey to bandage self. it was suppose to be done that way aye ?

how bout that HUH HUH HUH !!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I love these kinds of people.... He's lookin at the bigger picture. People are always gonna find ways to kill off others faster, and the victims will always find new reasons to bitch. Even though hybrid is and probably always will be the shit; the staff has to look out for everyone's well being (I'm not trying to sound like im kissing ass here, just how I percieve the situation). Considering that many many people seem to get really pissed off when they are redlined and that pk strikes themdown with a lightning wand, or they are immediatly taken out with the dreaded eq wand combo (Which I agree is quite lame), the staff has to cater to these people on account of such a large scale of whining.

A lot of people also talk shit when their oponent downs a potion, for any reason. Isn't this chug macro just like the use wand macro? one button does the job for both.... so why don't we take this macro out too? Same goes for trapped pouches: one button and you're no longer paralized. Shit why don't we take out all of the hotkeys all together? They all require a press of a button to function... but you see, everyone understands how to set up macros for spells and skills and such.

So maybe our problem here is not the lameness of the macro, but the ignorance of the player. Maybe if the whiners actually understood how to set these things up and use them against others who do the same, there wouldn't be a whole lot to complain about.

And as watermon stated, this patch is kind of the robin hood of hybrid. Wands are expensive, not everyone can afford the luxury. Nah, now no one will have the luxury. Besides, most of the time a wand isn't the primary reason of death. If some of us could heal through a 1v1 dump, I'm sure that would eliminate some bitching too =P

watermon

Sorceror

ok i do agree and if patches are going to be robin hoods, do u think they should remove those luxury things like verite, agapite hammers ? they're costly as hell and allow u to 2hit someone

Taking out wands was clearly an ignorant decission Wands are wands and instant wanding is what they are used for so now it defeats the purpose of their use.