UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Publish 72 - 12/13/2006

Stides40oz

Knight
Re: Publish 72 - 12/13/2006

Fedorov said:
i wasnt saying i cant heal it, because i can, i was just stating the fact that now newbies wont think they are the shit because they can hit a macro
i wasnt saying YOU couldnt heal it either. I was saying its getting nerfed cuz noobies cant heal it.

Ghost Knight

Sorceror

Stides said:
Who is your pvper anyways?? Any experienced player aint gona die to just a magic dump 1v1. I ask you who are because a lot of things you say makes me think you have no clue what hardcore pvp is.
Veneficus...I prefer to be called a pker though. Pking is so much more relaxing. lol There's no avoiding pvp when you run solo though. I've pretty much pked solo since the game came out. I've done some runs in factions and even gotten bored enough to spend some quality time dueling. lol

Sammich said:
However in 1v1 its no different then chugging, so if you use exp pots and wands in 1v1 heal/cure pots should be expected. Not like this is anything people don't already know.
Yeah...I see your point on it kinda being the same...the thing is you can go anywhere else and alchemy is a trade skill not a pvp skill...the exp pot damage was jacked way up during ren from my understanding Anyway, I just think wands and exp pots are a cheesy way to kill someone. :)

A Walrus

Wanderer

Stides said:
i wasnt saying YOU couldnt heal it either. I was saying its getting nerfed cuz noobies cant heal it.

nah i think its getting nerfed because of the macrod dump part of it

Stides40oz

Knight

Ghost Knight said:
Veneficus...I prefer to be called a pker though. Pking is so much more relaxing. lol There's no avoiding pvp when you run solo though. I've pretty much pked solo since the game came out. I've done some runs in factions and even gotten bored enough to spend some quality time dueling. lol
Ok Ive never seen you in my uo life but thats beside the point. 90% of people in factions wont die to a simple mana dump.
You need to have a secondary damage causes skill like a weapon or alchemy. Pure mages (stun)can only really have alchemy as a damage adder.
You nerf alchemy and pure mage fights would be as boring as pure dexor fight.

Mazer

UOGamers: Divinity Forum Moderator

I have hated wands simply because they were outrageously expensive and I couldn't afford to use them all the time like some of the wealthy pvpers could (which is pretty lame item pvp).

Good changes. Thanks staff.

Ghost Knight: Is that lightning/nox/lightning/nox combo still working well?

bigbadmatt

Sorceror

Awesome no more camping ghosts. I am still new to this patiching stuff do i need to intsall this patch and if i do is it running ok. Other patches i couldnt log in and had to redownload. Thanks

Smellvin

Wanderer

bigbadmatt said:
Awesome no more camping ghosts. I am still new to this patiching stuff do i need to intsall this patch and if i do is it running ok. Other patches i couldnt log in and had to redownload. Thanks
It's server-side. You don't have to download anything.

Metabolic

Sorceror

ok lets see you have to slow/delay the time of the wand for the slow noobs but did you have to make it so u cant move while using them they r wands and magical at that so you should be able to move and use them who cares about the delay but delay and cant move while using them ROFL why not remove wands completly? btw for old time sakes EXPPLODE ---EARTHQAUKE---LIGHTWAND~~oOOOooOooOo cry more and have them make changes why not fix animal lore next huh?

watermon

Sorceror

Metabolic said:
ok lets see you have to slow/delay the time of the wand for the slow noobs but did you have to make it so u cant move while using them they r wands and magical at that so you should be able to move and use them who cares about the delay but delay and cant move while using them ROFL why not remove wands completly? btw for old time sakes EXPPLODE ---EARTHQAUKE---LIGHTWAND~~oOOOooOooOo cry more and have them make changes why not fix animal lore next huh?

no, i think they should fix dexxer next since they fix wands cause u only need to press a macro to use and dexxer only need to double click to kill

u see why dexxer before animal lore yet ?

maybe a delay when u equip weapons so one cannot unequip fast enough to pot/cast spell before bandage timer ends.

or maybe remove runics ?

hmm..

joey2ultima

Sorceror

Stides and Heavy are both right about the effects this will have on pvp 1v1's.
Pure mages will be further gimped come 1v1 so youll need to travel with 2+ people when playing true mages. Otherwise people going out solo are better off playing some sort of dexxer character build. Which leads to more dexxer 1v1's and more dexxers getting ganked by mages in groups. As far as 2v2's or group pvp this wont affect anything really.

One thing I would like to see happen would be some sort of balanced method of giving mages more mana to cast with. Not changing damage but give them the ability to throw more spells in shorter periods of time.

dexxer vs mage.. mage dumps, dexxer heals. Mage runs in a circle untill full mana, repeat. Dexxer will chase but honestly has his best attack oppertunity while the mage is casting because he is not moving.

mage vs mage.. mage 1 dumps, mage 2 heals. reverse. Med, wait. Repeat.

So a little more mana in the 1v1 scene would make things little more fun and intense. In group fights maybe it would stop people from dumping and running when low mana. Bad thing would be japs having more ebolt and chain posion mana hehe. little more mana for pvm wouldnt hurt either. I dont think boosting like int levels is a good idea but maybe up med levels a little?
Maybe I have not thought this out 100% considerig all things but from everythign I have considered it sounds like a good idea to me. Boost med levels!!! :p

spiky

Wanderer

how about no one can see the house decay except the house owner and friends ?...
then it will solve the problem

chOP-hybrid

Sorceror

spiky said:
how about no one can see the house decay except the house owner and friends ?...
then it will solve the problem

Good suggestion. That would throw a big dirty spanner into the works!

joey2ultima

Sorceror

No idocs are a fun aspect of the game. They just made it harder and less afk. They dont want to kill it completely.

Now to get an idoc you need to do 2 new things:

1. Stay alive to time it, no afk! well at least not over long periods time, you gonna get pked

2. No more insta placing, you need an army to secure area.