UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Mage casting

CaptainNuke

Sorceror
I HAVE FIND THE SOLUTION TO FIX THE CASTING

put 2 /4 or 2/5 people cant spam Mini Heal and ma fb but dont get me wrong mage is still casting fast but now you actully need to make combo to kill someone :)

Recovery is the problem just lowered so simple no idea why gm dont fix it Dexxer dont even stand a chance rofl

Carapollen

Wanderer
in europe we have 200-300 ping but that's no excuse magicians castean very fast .... would have to lower it a bit to make it more balanced seems that the server is designed for magicians.
Warriors are hardly believe that guilt has that gap with wizards

Lolerman

Sorceror
Is obvius that the scripter of this shard must fix this, it cant continue being broken... cause people is making magues for pvp or leaving server for this absurd Over powered magues...

Slugworth

Squire
Is obvius that the scripter of this shard must fix this, it cant continue being broken... cause people is making magues for pvp or leaving server for this absurd Over powered magues...
This casting has been on runuo for years, and demise has been active. I don't understand why people are complaining about it now.

Slugworth

Squire
in europe we have 200-300 ping but that's no excuse magicians castean very fast .... would have to lower it a bit to make it more balanced seems that the server is designed for magicians.
Warriors are hardly believe that guilt has that gap with wizards
It's too bad that you live in a different country and ping so high, if they changed the casting to OSI you would be even more screwed, just an fyi.

Carapollen

Wanderer
Note that as you are using wizard, I do not complain ping me .... I complain of the cast of magicians is exaggerated ... in any other website or similar

kolbycrouch

Knight
It's not going to be fixed by a script, and nobody is going to fix it in runuo. Regardless of anyones opinion on the matter, it will not ever change. Best to drop it I suppose.

Just because it hasn't changed doesn't mean it never will, there seems to be a large population to this shard that would very much like to see it changed so maybe some day in the future it will but we wont know for sure unless this is commented upon by a admin so lets just keep the discussion up and see were it goes from here.

Lord Baldar

Wanderer
its too simply .
tournaments are for mages only cause didnt have a delay after cut one of his spells.
they are like 4/6 having 2/6 and its incredible they dont change it why???
every body know why dont change it cause is better for USA people cause have 0 ping like europe people with 200 ping cant do this
ty all for read my post and maybe all toghether cange somethink

Lucifall

Knight
I am all for accurate mage casting, as long as every other fix related to combat comes along with it in a single update.

Just kill this with fire already.

I don't think it's broken, I wouldn't want it any other way.

yeah that's why nobody really takes you seriously. not to be a troll at all, but it sounds like you've never really experienced Ultima Online in its prime. When i see your views on these situations, i perceive you as just another no name player who discovered UO through random free shards. There's nothing wrong with this, as Demise is after all a free server for everyone to enjoy. But i really feel like it could be better, higher echelon players prefer to test their skills on a somewhat real casting system similar to what we once enjoyed. The competition, egos and dueling are all part of this game whether or not certain people choose to partake in these events.

If you think spamming fireball, magic arrow, and shit at super light speed with your steam or razor is fun. then have it at, i just think its simple minded. Some people enjoy it and some people don't, its really just not my idea of a good time.

edit: crocodile

its too simply .
tournaments are for mages only cause didnt have a delay after cut one of his spells.
they are like 4/6 having 2/6 and its incredible they dont change it why???
every body know why dont change it cause is better for USA people cause have 0 ping like europe people with 200 ping cant do this
ty all for read my post and maybe all toghether cange somethink

You're kind of onto something here, this is generally the point most people who would like a change are tying to express. The problem really isn't the casting speed itself, its more of a recovery issue. It's not normal at all for a "caster" to be able to instantly recast a spell after being disrupted. It really breaks a lot of play styles that would normally be viable in certain situations rather than just be rendered useless. Take for instance, the warrior (dexxer) classes on this server are pretty much laughable unless they are reliant on mortal blows. Mortal blow is fine, but when it gets to the point that its close to impossible to kill a semi competent player without it is where it becomes apparent that mage casting is just broken in its entirety.