UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Mage casting

CaptainNuke

Sorceror
Not sure who your character is but trying to pvp with a blade of insanity will not kill anyone. You need to actually seek out a template and weapon that can kill people. I've killed plenty of mages on my dexer. No, I can't stand there and let them fireball/ma me but they also can't stand there and let me armor ignore away.

i dont say we cant kill mage but a mage who can play wont die to ai or conc or anything you you can stand there walking a little and cast mini heal all day lol you should know it when you play mage :)

Crab Man

Squire
Yes mages have the wrong recovery delay but dexxers (specially archers) have the advantage over a bug related to swing during turns so they can shoot while chasing people between trees, walls, etc.
Something in my opinion that would balance a little bit, because nowadays 99% of the mages rely on weapons with mortal strike to play, is the Enchanted Apple which is pretty simple to code.

http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?threads/545164/
:D - I Coded it and I might look into this Swing Speed Fix :)

Kraz

AssistUO Developer
http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?threads/545164/
:D - I Coded it and I might look into this Swing Speed Fix :)

The swing issue is a 1 line fix, I already posted that years ago however Demise staff judged unfair to fix this but keep the casting broken back in time and I agreed; problem is that - in my opinion - adding fletching runic tools and wood property bonuses may be a good time to review that.

Regarding OSI cast speed it is not hard to track down where the difference is and come up with a valid formula but as far as I can see Demise players may prefer the RunUO cast speed as-is.

Crab Man

Squire
The swing issue is a 1 line fix, I already posted that years ago however Demise staff judged unfair to fix this but keep the casting broken back in time and I agreed; problem is that - in my opinion - adding fletching runic tools and wood property bonuses may be a good time to review that.

Regarding OSI cast speed it is not hard to track down where the difference is and come up with a valid formula but as far as I can see Demise players may prefer the RunUO cast speed as-is.

If you can provide me with a link to this fix I would love to take a look at it as I have not tried fixing it yet but would love to take a gander at how you did it ;)

Also I agree maybe with the adding of the Fetching Tools this should be very much be reviewed.

Always a pleasure speaking with you Kraz :D

kolbycrouch

Knight
The casting should be fixed. If you watch people on osi, they can't spam spells like clumsy/ma. The extra delay would make small differences in ping less significant. Mages just need to know how to call targets and dump :)

kolbycrouch

Knight
I have a script that "emulates" the way casting should be, a little bit closer than what it is now. The real fix needs to be in runuo though.

hickman48

Knight
Casting fix would not really do much for filed fights ex force the ppl who use just mini heal to gheal more often. As for 1v1's its huge holding spells to counter instead of spamming execute last target after every spell.

Voldy

Page
Any here remember when these 'fixes' were implemented on osi? Guess what a lot of ppl quit playing right after. Mostly because they had to rely on those 'bugs' and didnt want to make the adjustment. Yea fletching runic kits are going to make a lot of balance (LOL) wait till these stealth archers have bows with 50 HLD huge SSI and a hitspell, and couple more mods. oh yea and does that mean "balanced" bows will be here? No disarm for pots? The apples are going to help balance this? Oh yea you wont have to run when mortaled....Also I dont remember all the details (years ago) but seems to me every 'fix' screwed something else up. They tried "balancing" pvp and then ppl complained cause in pvm they "just were not the same". How about parablow? Was'nt that shortened on OSi at one time? I been back pvpin for two days and i dont think i was parablowed on osi that much in the years i played as i was yesterday. Also the damage was reduced on osi I think. Like i said its been years. But when you get hit for half your life and paralyzed your dead in next two seconds. Yea i know trapped box ftw its coming back to me lol. Still fun to me no matter what tho. I know this will never be put in but archers got quivers so they dont lose arrows how about reg bags for mages that cant be looted LOL that will be fair. Adding items to 'fix' broken mechanics is not the way to go. I really dont think giving archers runic kits with that bug is a good idea. I'm not seeing how giving them better bows is going to balance anything. I say fix that bug and give em kits leave casting alone its still fair

hickman48

Knight
Any here remember when these 'fixes' were implemented on osi? Guess what a lot of ppl quit playing right after. Mostly because they had to rely on those 'bugs' and didnt want to make the adjustment. Yea fletching runic kits are going to make a lot of balance (LOL) wait till these stealth archers have bows with 50 HLD huge SSI and a hitspell, and couple more mods. oh yea and does that mean "balanced" bows will be here? No disarm for pots? The apples are going to help balance this? Oh yea you wont have to run when mortaled....Also I dont remember all the details (years ago) but seems to me every 'fix' screwed something else up. They tried "balancing" pvp and then ppl complained cause in pvm they "just were not the same". How about parablow? Was'nt that shortened on OSi at one time? I been back pvpin for two days and i dont think i was parablowed on osi that much in the years i played as i was yesterday. Also the damage was reduced on osi I think. Like i said its been years. But when you get hit for half your life and paralyzed your dead in next two seconds. Yea i know trapped box ftw its coming back to me lol. Still fun to me no matter what tho. I know this will never be put in but archers got quivers so they dont lose arrows how about reg bags for mages that cant be looted LOL that will be fair. Adding items to 'fix' broken mechanics is not the way to go. I really dont think giving archers runic kits with that bug is a good idea. I'm not seeing how giving them better bows is going to balance anything. I say fix that bug and give em kits leave casting alone its still fair

You must not pvp much cuz atm to die to a dexxor or archer 1v1 right now you have to stop playing as long as you are smart and mobile they cant do anything right now even with the shoot while moving bug.

CaptainNuke

Sorceror
you been playing this for age still dunno the bug about shooting lol

BTW you cant shoot while moving you need to stand still and you will shot insta and no it not moving while shotting lol noob

Voldy

Page
You must not pvp much cuz atm to die to a dexxor or archer 1v1 right now you have to stop playing as long as you are smart and mobile they cant do anything right now even with the shoot while moving bug.
I been back pvpin for two days and i dont think i was parablowed on osi that much in the years i played as i was yesterday.
I'll get it just takes some time and effort :) but I'll keep that in mind :)
Shoot while moving is not a bug its a weapon ability called "Moving Shot"

I tend to qualify it as a mechanic issue. It's not so much a bug that only a limited can figure out. You can actually para blow while (almost) moving on this server.

hickman48

Knight
If someone has a high enough ms they can run in a straight line and shoot without using moving shoot due to the very low delay or stop needed on demise to shoot.

Kraz

AssistUO Developer
RunUO has a flaw that allows you to shoot while turning, so lets suppose you are chasing someone and evading from trees, it happens quite often; he was not talking about the moving shot ability.

Slugworth

Squire
es mages have the wrong recovery delay but dexxers (specially archers) have the advantage over a bug related to swing during turns so they can shoot while chasing people between trees, walls, etc.
Something in my opinion that would balance a little bit, because nowadays 99% of the mages rely on weapons with mortal strike to play, is the Enchanted Apple which is pretty simple to code.

If I get some extra time I'll check OSI for mage spell delay discrepancies using UOSteam, but it would be better if someone with low/stable ping test it, I can provide some macros for testing that will output spell delays. Demise already took the very first step which was fixing the target exploit bug.

PS: I've reported the dexxers swing issue previously (years ago) including a fix, but it never got in because casting is also broken.
People rely on mortal now because you fucked it all up with your shitty program. I use to enjoy playing my pure mage and now i can't because people simply heal way to fast by just holding down one button. Pure mages are now dogshit because of you, you're also dogshit.

mytilus

Sorceror
People rely on mortal now because you fucked it all up with your shitty program. I use to enjoy playing my pure mage and now i can't because people simply heal way to fast by just holding down one button. Pure mages are now dogshit because of you, you're also dogshit.

rage much?? or maybe you are just trying to say you have no skill now that your shitty razor target loops are obsolete?

I can still remember many years ago when they came out with an illegal program many people used on osi, at the time you had to use a separate key to disarm before using hotkey to drink potion, this crazy program would disarm for you and you only needed ONE BUTTON to drink heal, cure, or stam! so you only needed one key to drink potion instead of 3. One hotkey would cast miniheal OR cure you depending on what you needed holy crap crazy. Many kids got banned for using this illegal cheat program on osi servers

this program was called razor