UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Mage casting

MB

Knight
I think it would be foolish to change something so drastic as casting this far into the shard. We're all used to it and some don't know any different. I like Demise fast.

I don't think anything is that overly broken in the shard balance as there's no template that can't be survived in a 1v1 and no template that can't be dropped instantly against a competent team. If you find yourself OOooOoOOoing too often, then the flaw is in your template and play style and stubbornness in adapting and not a cheapness or brokenness in your opponent.

_Osiris

Squire
mortal:

straight up archer: cast remove curse np
any mage: weaken spam np

archer/mage .. cant weaken spam keeps hitting with arrows
.. cant remove curse cause of the casting

also what kraz said earlier about the nonstop shooting through trees and walls and shit

So your argument is to adapt... so i suppose I should play a 4/6 chiv dexxer from now on.

sweet.

MB

Knight
mortal:

straight up archer: cast remove curse np
any mage: weaken spam np

archer/mage .. cant weaken spam keeps hitting with arrows
.. cant remove curse cause of the casting

also what kraz said earlier about the nonstop shooting through trees and walls and shit

So your argument is to adapt... so i suppose I should play a 4/6 chiv dexxer from now on.

sweet.

If your health is below 60% and especially if you're mortaled, you should be retreating til it ain't.

Staying on an attacker's screen when mortaled is harebrained. I never die in 1v1 because I don't allow that possibility to develop.

Malvadar

Sorceror
you're really gonna whine on here about mage casting being broken, and you're talking about running around on a lame ass archer mage template... the most broken shit on here right now

i just started playing mage and i shit on you

I dont play mage at all but all my year playing dexxer in demise mage alway had a huge advantage if a dexxer can kill you are consider bad most good mage will survive at everything if you dont have mortal 1 vs 1 wise

_Osiris

Squire
If your health is below 60% and especially if you're mortaled, you should be retreating til it ain't.

Staying on an attacker's screen when mortaled is harebrained. I never die in 1v1 because I don't allow that possibility to develop.

So in other words, you're a fuckin runner. Brilliant.

Malvadar

Sorceror
So in other words, you're a fuckin runner. Brilliant.

The Runner Still kill you Sad i can send screenshot if you want each time you came back you died lol

like i said most good mage knows casting is broken and i dont even consider mysefl good mage actully i suck so that is sad for you haha

Here some good mage pvper even with the nerf they probibly be good

id Dope Game pumkind Doc Fallen and others but not much haha

btw you suck osiris my language is broken but w/e lol

_Osiris

Squire
Off screening the very instant you are mortalled should be second nature to any experienced pvp'er. Anybody that is just gonna stand there and get dumped on is an idiot, plain and simple.

I guess I come from an old school point of view, where "Off screening" in a 1v1 fight would get you laughed at and you would be highly regarded as a punk/pussy who couldn't hold their own.

Apparently, now this is the norm. I am just getting re-acquainted with this new world of UO where everyone is mortalling non-stop, and its cool to run away from one person.

Malvadar

Sorceror
I guess I come from an old school point of view, where "Off screening" in a 1v1 fight would get you laughed at and you would be highly regarded as a punk/pussy who couldn't hold their own.

Apparently, now this is the norm. I am just getting re-acquainted with this new world of UO where everyone is mortalling non-stop, and its cool to run away from one person.

so i can call you a punk/pussy ? ok

PUNK PUSSY LOLOL

Rob Brown

Wanderer
I think it would be foolish to change something so drastic as casting this far into the shard. We're all used to it and some don't know any different. I like Demise fast.

I don't think anything is that overly broken in the shard balance as there's no template that can't be survived in a 1v1 and no template that can't be dropped instantly against a competent team. If you find yourself OOooOoOOoing too often, then the flaw is in your template and play style and stubbornness in adapting and not a cheapness or brokenness in your opponent.

I would have to agree leave it demise is fast. Plain and simple

Kraz

AssistUO Developer
Yes, sensitive subject :) a lot of users enjoy Demise because of RunUO casting tbh.
But I still think Enchanted Apple is an item that has to be implemented, even if the cast does not change because it can be used by any template and will decrease a little bit the "appeal" for mortal strike ability.

CaptainNuke

Sorceror
implement enchanted apple will only make the mage even more stroonger not a single dexxer could kill a mage and for mortal weapon as a dexxer are pretty limited a Dexxer that doesnt have poison or mortal dont even stand a chance the mage only need to stand still and cast mini heal but if we stand still we will just die from ma fb lol pretty fair isnt ?

Kraz

AssistUO Developer
implement enchanted apple will only make the mage even more stroonger not a single dexxer could kill a mage and for mortal weapon as a dexxer are pretty limited a Dexxer that doesnt have poison or mortal dont even stand a chance the mage only need to stand still and cast mini heal but if we stand still we will just die from ma fb lol pretty fair isnt ?
I honestly do not think so but I like the idea of adding both Enchanted Apple and Runic Fletcher Tools, that way we have a balance.

Not sure who your character is but trying to pvp with a blade of insanity will not kill anyone. You need to actually seek out a template and weapon that can kill people. I've killed plenty of mages on my dexer. No, I can't stand there and let them fireball/ma me but they also can't stand there and let me armor ignore away.