UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Mage casting

hickman48

Knight
You're kind of onto something here, this is generally the point most people who would like a change are tying to express. The problem really isn't the casting speed itself, its more of a recovery issue. It's not normal at all for a "caster" to be able to instantly recast a spell after being disrupted. It really breaks a lot of play styles that would normally be viable in certain situations rather than just be rendered useless. Take for instance, the warrior (dexxer) classes on this server are pretty much laughable unless they are reliant on mortal blows. Mortal blow is fine, but when it gets to the point that its close to impossible to kill a semi competent player without it is where it becomes apparent that mage casting is just broken in its entirety.

Its not just mage casting 4/7 chiv is just as broken.

Vocal minority who are mostly relatively new to the shard. We're a healthy shard 10 years in, no need to rock the boat.

Regardless of being an old or new player most of us have prior experience and our opinion also matters, the way cast works here will only benefit low ping players, how active would be the PvP without foreigners? OSI cast is slower and there is a reason for that... less spam more skills. If Demise follows OSI on things such as castles not being able to be placed at Malas, BOD weight and count, etc, why not fixing cast delay?

Sorry about my english.

Slugworth

Squire
Regardless of being an old or new player most of us have prior experience and our opinion also matters, the way cast works here will only benefit low ping players, how active would be the PvP without foreigners? OSI cast is slower and there is a reason for that... less spam more skills. If Demise follows OSI on things such as castles not being able to be placed at Malas, BOD weight and count, etc, why not fixing cast delay?

Sorry about my english.
So you're trying to say ping won't matter with a fix? Why do you think OSI had multiple shards in nearly every country? No matter what changes, people who live in a different country besides USA will be crippled against my 30 ping or even 100.

Blacula

Knight
Regardless of being an old or new player most of us have prior experience and our opinion also matters, the way cast works here will only benefit low ping players, how active would be the PvP without foreigners?
For many, many years foreigners could cast just as fast as those in the USA. But since you seem to be new here (and welcome!), here is Blacula's guide to foreign PVP cheating:

R.W (Chinese guild): Once a 20+ man zerg. Banned for using proxies and Razor 1.0.0; keeps coming back. Casted MA/FB and heal loops like no tomorrow, but died instantly when DP'd or stam-locked because most of them never carried pots (I assume due to using old clients for Razor 1.0.0 having problems with backpacks and items). Cured mortal, LOL. Have not seen a single member pvping since the targeting flood glitch was fixed, although I have seen a guard-zone hugging blue named "Minute Made" riding a dog named 'CHINA' so I could be wrong about this. Really nice people, and fun to fight. I miss you. Also, lolscreenshot:

FM (Chinese guild): 1337 Razor h4xx0rs and script kiddies. Had their own version of Razor at one point that exploited the targeting flood glitch. Most of them got banned for using said Razor. Have not seen a single member pvping since the targeting flood glitch was fixed. Were infiltrated by non-Chinese to get said Razor (see D.C.). Realllllllllly fast.

GUNZ (South American/Latino guild): Zerg. Realllllllllllllly slowwwww. Leaders (Tortu, El Magico) got banned for finding a corrupt staff member's IDOC (with a 2/6 100 necro 100 LRC bracelet inside), and burning the 4000+ charge val hammers and BRSK's they found inside on extra accounts so they wouldn't get caught. Their innocent houseguest, an archer visiting from Brazil and my friend, was also banned for being on Tortu's IP.

D.C. (South American guild including banned ex-GUNZ members Tortu and El Magico playing as Black Hole, and Xeneize respectively): Used FM's modified Razor, and/or EasyUO to exploit targeting flood glitch. Realllllllllly fast. Died instantly when DP'd or stam-locked because most of them never carried pots (I assume due to using old clients for Razor 1.0.0 having problems with backpacks and items). Cured mortal, LOL. Those that didn't had mortal archers. Also, so sad and pathetic that they thought everyone cheated but them: http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?threads/447691/#post-3562342
Have not seen anyone online but Tank/Gans on his dexer since the targeting flood glitch was fixed (I wonder why), offering to send a guy a loop in Portuguese at Shit Gate:

Nya- (Korean guild): Unfairly banned (the last time) by Xavier, and previously banned according to him for using Cheatengine. Casted and ran at a decent speed for people in Korea, but nothing crazy like R.W and FM. Casted more than MA/FB + Harm loops. Had the most cojones of any of the Asian guilds for not zerging and actually fighting outnumbered, and kept coming back for more. I miss you.

Rauan/Almost Dead/SAID: EUO h4xx0r. Could fly into Shit Gate solo and drop you before you knew what happened. Banned repeatedly for old Razor and/or Cheatengine. Reportedly the source of the various HUEHUE EUO targeting flood scripts I received from Brunus and Vision, although another BR guy named ShamaN has claimed that he is le best EUO h4xx0r instead so who cares/gives a shit. Was banned again by Xavier even after he started playing legit. Really nice guy with movie-star good looks. Wins life. Was WTFast. I miss you.

Brunus: Played legit for a long time (and most likely does now), but for a short period of time, used the EUO targeting flood glitch and started calling himself "The BR z0rak" because he spammed ridiculously fast, and pwned other cheaters. Dresses his chars up like z0rak and Kaz (legendary pvpers that were banned for blatantly hacking/selling an account, respectively). Pwns without h4x. Should've played a necro archer because OH MY FUCKING GOD he destroyed people on BR servers with one. Loves to troll people. Would probably still drop your ass with a UORice'd client + conventional EUO targeting hotkeys if it reduced his lag. Prefers to play legit. Awesome guy that is helpful to the Demise community. Plays with a shitty zerg at the moment because "it's fun!".

Mae'Var: Jk, dude was a fucking beast that owned people legit on horrible ping in Bulgaria. I miss you.

RIOT: Mostly European guild Esk and I were in briefly, that included Xavier on his player char (Drak) who randomly rolled up to Esk's house one day and gave us a bag full of BRSK gear, an AOF, and a fucking siiiiiiiiiick fucking 1/3 ring that was uninsured in his pack. Was told it was because Xavier wanted to shut Esk up for calling him staff (which a lot of people did, and was later proven true by Cucumber Jim). Used "legal" Razor loops to exploit the targeting flood glitch, which were later sent to me by Lukin from Hz because "everyone else is using this shit so you should see what you're up against". Paged Xavier asking why he banned EUO cheaters like Rauan and not these guys, and was told that "I can't do anything. It's legal because it's Razor!!!!".

I didn't include myself in this list because I live in the USA, and (like Brunus) prefer to play legit and do so (link in my sig). Thankfully, with UO Steam the ability to cast decently on 150+ ping (i.e., not fizzling every fucking spell below 4th circle) without cheating is possible thanks to two brilliant coders from Brazil: a strict advocate of fair play named Chun, and another guy named Diego. UO Steam gets a bad reputation from some mindless users playing loops that aren't exactly slow. However, baddies will always spam MA+FB, Harm, and heal-loops on Demise regardless of legality or the program that plays said loops because they are ignorant and unoriginal.

Also, if any of you are mad for being mentioned in this list. Fuck you. I'm keeping it real.
OSI cast is slower and there is a reason for that... less spam more skills.
Like "mysticism". jk, I agree.

If Demise follows OSI on things such as castles not being able to be placed at Malas, BOD weight and count, etc, why not fixing cast delay?
Demise had all of this at the same time:
* spellweaving books for sale in Heartwood for 50k gold, with some spellweaving spells like Nature's Fury "working" without the quests because no ML quest system.
* 100% chance-to-hit fukiya darts and shruikens at 50.0 Ninjitsu skill, and pre-patched mass-charge fukiya guns.
* People spawning in Lich Form because Wraith Form's mana-leech effect with spells was broken.
* Weapon mages that didn't need 90.0 Tactics to use specials.
* LOTS of nox/scribe/warfork mages. (R.I.P.)
* Word of Death doing fuck-tons of damage to mobs without the low-mob-health requirement.
* Lots of househiders.
* The ability to cast Nature's Furies into houses by (targeting a door) to kill househiders.
* Lots of houses without doors.
* Blood Oath reflecting 100% of damage (as it did during SE).
* Lots of baddies spamming Blood Oath, and Pain Spike.
* Hiryus that hit players in pvp combat for 50-60 hp per hit.
* Lots of pvp tamers.
* Lots of foreign pvpers that didn't want to cheat.
* Lots of foreign pvpers that made dexers and archers.
* People with 0 DCI.
* Biggie (lol).
* The ability to run through headstones in Felucca by editing one line in UO.CFG.
* The targeting flood exploit working, and a fuck-ton of spells flying around regardless of one's ping.
* Lots of people using Cheatengine to flood movement requests and "hop around" while casting. Amplified to the nth fucking degree if used on PlayUO Beta 13. Right, Bile? :D
* corrupt staff that pvped.
* a lot more people.
* better pvp.

R.I.P.: Demise.

Blacula

Knight
Yes, from the usa, althought he was using scripts, and exploiting a common bug. He was much stronger one on one than anyone I can remember in the past.

He was also a fucking genius:
Heres my main mage if anyone has been reading this thread and is curious:

ld.stn.wn.
2/6
40 lmc
15 mana regen
15 sdi
70/70/65/70/70
25 dci (no shield)
20% enhance pots

fork: sc no pen, 40 di, 11 dci, 20 ssi

120 fenc
120 eval
120 mage
120 resist
100 scribe
80 poisoning
60 ninjitsu

On a tank mage I have absolute max sdi.
120 eval
100 scribe
15 sdi on items
12 sdi from having over 120 int

My magic arrows do 9-10
harms do 15 up close
fball= 17-18
lightning does 18-21
explo= 32-34
ebolt= 32-34

Heres a story on what usually happens when i fight someone on the field:

lets say they have 110 life and 120 resist

i curse them, they drop to 106 life

i run a screen away while and get an explo up

i run back to them

Hit with bleed from fork, fork hits for 9-11

release explo

dart= 0-1 damage

bleed= 7-9 dmg

magic arrow= 9-10

fball= 17-18

DP damage goes off= 8-10

magic arrow= 9-10

bleed damage= 4-5

explo does its damage= 32-34

105-109 dmg in the time it takes me to run up, hit them, release my explo, and do dart+ma+fball+ma

My template does so much damage, people usually dont last too long.

and with 40 lmc 15 mana regen, 20 med/focus from being a human, and a mana pool of 164, it takes me a very long time to run out of mana despite my character not having med in the template.

As for my defense, someone attacks me, I do infact run, it's the field, I don't let anyone get the advantage in pvp on me. I can run, drink a cure and do this:

mini heal- heals 13-15 dmg
g heal pot (with 20% enhance pots)- heals 27-29 dmg
mini heal- another 13-15 dmg healed

that means in the short time frame of pushing my mini heal macro + a heal pot I can heal upwards of 55 dmg nearly instantly.

I also forgot my mage has 110 life, so even if three archers all armor ignore me (somehow all hitting me through my dci and 120 wep skill, thats 35 dmg x3, which is 105 life, I run, I live.

Slugworth

Squire
Yes, from the usa, althought he was using scripts, and exploiting a common bug. He was much stronger one on one than anyone I can remember in the past.
He was a beast, every person blac mentioned I killed while using razor and no CE. The good ole days, playing a pure mage was viable even with people using EUO. If you can honestly say Steam isn't a power house client than something is fucking wrong with you. Almost need mortal to kill someone now because of how fast the heals are. I've been here since day one and even with people using EUO would still get shit on by a Pure Mage, I honestly don't give a shit anymore because it's not going away. I will still show up every two weeks to destroy this shit fest of steam demise and be on my way. See you all in another week.

Blacula

Knight
You've always been fortunate to have low ping as well, Sir and are well-aware how much <40 ping owns.

Way to make this about you though, you attention-whore :D

Slugworth

Squire
Doesn't answer anythiing... this is a usa server, of course I will ping good. Even when I had 100 ping I did just fine, as for you your internet blows. Eithet way, steam is complete faggotry. Doesn't matter, I will continue to win these tournaments every two weeks untill I decide it's time to trash my suit. ESO is keeping me busy.

kolbycrouch

Knight
This whole "steam makes you heal faster" Is a lie. it's only fast if your retarded and fizzle your spells on razor. Also, if you have tried setting your spells on macro's you would know that sucks as well. steam is only good for the party options, and the macro parser being similar to unix sh. I use 3 heal keys, one for heal, one for cure, one for target self. The only difference in pvp I have noticed with steam, is that alot of these +1 players out there can heal their partner and sync a dump half-properly. I don't notice any of the good players being any better.

Lucifall

Knight
Take for instance, the warrior (dexxer) classes on this server are pretty much laughable unless they are reliant on mortal blows. Mortal blow is fine, but when it gets to the point that its close to impossible to kill a semi competent player without it is where it becomes apparent that mage casting is just broken in its entirety.

I will be honest here... a lot of the templates I saw on OSI work here just as fine as they do there. The reliance on mortal is a constant there as well.

And as for the Steam heals... I honestly don't see much difference when fighting the skilled people of before. In fact, only after the TARGET GLITCH was fixed did I notice these people casting slower.

The one thing I noticed is that I don't instantly kill people who lacked EUO/Razor glitched macros anymore. They actually have a chance now.

As for pure mage dueling and Steam: If you are so hellbent on dueling with a pure mage on this shard, put on 2/5.

And to conclude: Fixing casting recovery without fixing everything else related to combat is idiotic.

Slugworth

Squire
This whole "steam makes you heal faster" Is a lie. it's only fast if your retarded and fizzle your spells on razor. Also, if you have tried setting your spells on macro's you would know that sucks as well. steam is only good for the party options, and the macro parser being similar to unix sh. I use 3 heal keys, one for heal, one for cure, one for target self. The only difference in pvp I have noticed with steam, is that alot of these +1 players out there can heal their partner and sync a dump half-properly. I don't notice any of the good players being any better.
Lie.

Blacula

Knight
Please see:
Thankfully, with UO Steam the ability to cast decently on 150+ ping (i.e., not fizzling every fucking spell below 4th circle) without cheating is possible
and
The one thing I noticed is that I don't instantly kill people who lacked EUO/Razor glitched macros anymore. They actually have a chance now.

I will be honest here... a lot of the templates I saw on OSI work here just as fine as they do there. The reliance on mortal is a constant there as well.

And as for the Steam heals... I honestly don't see much difference when fighting the skilled people of before. In fact, only after the TARGET GLITCH was fixed did I notice these people casting slower.

As for pure mage dueling and Steam: If you are so hellbent on dueling with a pure mage on this shard, put on 2/5.

And to conclude: Fixing casting recovery without fixing everything else related to combat is idiotic.

Nobody uses mortal on OSI, (apples) for starters. i still play there, and i can tell you that warrior classes do indeed disrupt many spells of all circles rather than the polar opposite being what goes on here. It's really not an argument, two different games basically these days and demise is what it is.