UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes - January 29th 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfff

Traveler
pros.
more safe in town for newbie.

cons.
no more red factioner.
increase occlo, bucc house value.
lure from guarded town. increase gayish gate out.

fair?

Your right sitting Afk in town doing nothing and causing me lag while IM ACTUALLY PLAYING is great for the shard... You deserve to get pk'ed

Thanks! Lesson learned, you totally just won my heart and mind.. Why dont you just rage quit over it. Some of us actually have played since 2000 or before and ya know what??? This is EXACTLY how the game was before trammel when the game was in its PRIME! But im sure you've played since 98 and know all about it right? I'll say it again quit CRYING you big baby, quit hating on me for standing up for the "noobs" like me LOL.

BobSaget

Traveler
This is a good idea. Also, automatically log people out if they've been in a no combat zone, idle for over 45 minutes. AFK bank sitting isn't any dumber than people like Phoenix who do nothing but kill banksitters for ten hours straight. More action in field, etc. I can find other places to run from people other than Del bank =D

Gonna take a little getting used to but ultimately this will be good both for shard population and for field PvP

Stoltz

Sorceror
pros.
more safe in town for newbie.
More activity in dungeons
More activity outside towns
More activity in dungeons

cons.
no more red factioner.
increase occlo, bucc house value.
lure from guarded town. increase gayish gate out.

fair?

Fixed. And I'm sure I forgot something.

CaNnAbal

Sorceror
so many ppl were f annoying with their red chars gating them in. reds running thru del was no prob tho just fun ;d

CaNnAbal

Sorceror
i think a poll on this issue and letting your population decide on how we would like to play via majority vote would be more prudent than forcing this on us
its so easy to fix the results of a poll like that ;s seriously i see no problem with the new patch. wont risk getitng killed and looted when afk a few mins in town anymore. reds stay out of guards sonez mostly anyways.

Tobias

Sorceror
If people havnt discovered it already:

The red guardzone thingy works like this: I just tested it unintentionally (or however it's spelled) I ran in del on my red factioner, got instantly guardwhacked. You CANNOT enter towns as a red now.

Tobias

Sorceror
Theese changes are quite sad. I still remember Ryan saying "this aint fukcing trammel" "this is a pvp server"
gg anyways.
If theese changes needs to work just the slightest, you need to remove pokerboats, remove all fancy handouts, so people have to start going in dungeons to make money.

If people havnt discovered it already:

The red guardzone thingy works like this: I just tested it unintentionally (or however it's spelled) I ran in del on my red factioner, got instantly guardwhacked. You CANNOT enter towns as a red now.

correction, someone or an npc must call guards. Test it out at a moongate, you will not get g wacked unless they are called. Like it use to be forever ago. To me this is just the first step in getting back to the roots of the game. A few more changes like this and we might see a real turn around. Plus think of it this way, a staff that makes changes (good or bad - time is usually the deciding factor on that) means that they care enough to make changes. Even if their motives are not pure of heart, change can be a good thing.

Mara

Knight
correction, someone or an npc must call guards. Test it out at a moongate, you will not get g wacked unless they are called. Like it use to be forever ago. To me this is just the first step in getting back to the roots of the game. A few more changes like this and we might see a real turn around. Plus think of it this way, a staff that makes changes (good or bad - time is usually the deciding factor on that) means that they care enough to make changes. Even if their motives are not pure of heart, change can be a good thing.

Yeah, I figure it means that they are thinking about current problems, and actively trying to make changes to make things better. That's a good thing, no doubt.

Some possible other ideas:

- Change spirit speak so ghosts can be heard instead (the way it is listed on OSI/Stratics skill pages) - Thus you get your afk advertisers and talkers back, if they really want to do it (yeah no gates but whatever)
- Consider offering blue balls of forgiveness for next to nothing for a while since the change was unexpected
- Reconsider the area effect rules of yesteryear so that greys can throw pots at attackers without griefer blues (that run into pots to gank or give counts, or mount hop guard-whack)
- Don't allow players and their pets that are flagged to a red to reenter town (block them out or guardwhack them too) - This last idea obviously needs more thought and adjustment, but you get the intended effect anyway

Seems like people might go back to hanging around on greys, but that always had the problem of people giving grief counts and people running into your pots on purpose to gank. Definitely some things to think about, but at least the staff are thinking about current issues and trying to sort them out. They do have a habit of seeing how things play out and making adjustments if needed.

Tobias

Sorceror
I still think they should ha fixed the speedhacking problem instead of creating an useable guardzone ":D"

Squire
Effective after server restart:
  • Red characters may no longer enter guarded regions safely.
  • Several enhanced monsters with rare loot drops.
  • Guild deeds are no longer sold or purchased by provisioners.
Trammel is here sooner than I thought.

How long would it take for us to get a dragon ethereal implemented? I'll donate, I swears.

Mara

Knight
There are some positives here, for sure. If they give people blue balls for cheap, things will be ok. Only time in life you will ever ask for blue balls I bet.

Effective after server restart:
  • Red characters may no longer enter guarded regions safely.
  • Several enhanced monsters with rare loot drops.
  • Guild deeds are no longer sold or purchased by provisioners.
i think its a good idea lets get you lazy ass reds in bux so the blues have to go somewhere else without guards to fight, more rares? now thats a bad idea; so people can bank sit and show stuff off more, oh wait, you mean more people to kill in dungons... and for the faction reds, good luck getting your sigs back now, Calico Jack FTW..

Status
Not open for further replies.