UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes - January 29th 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiskey River

Sorceror
If this change is to prevent people from pvping at del, whynot change the guards in ONLY del. There are some players that enjoy playing around in other cities (red or blue). Whynot just make some kind of shitty safezone for banksitters like a bridge of lameness. A serverwide change because people were getting killed banksitting is just kind of lame. Don't people sell on forums anyway? I do understand that this was done to stimulate pvp in other areas but now I can't play around in vesper, minoc, and glow like I like to.

Effective after server restart:
  • Red characters may no longer enter guarded regions safely.
  • Several enhanced monsters with rare loot drops.
  • Guild deeds are no longer sold or purchased by provisioners.

Sounds good to me! So tired of these reds who just kill ppl all day at the bank. it wasent pvp anyhow they gate in reds with 5 hp and all cast fs or somethng. Something needed to be done! New monsters or new loot that's a + too get more ppl out in dungeons ect! Goodjob Mark!

Smithdude

Sorceror
Not many people realize it but these changes reflect how the game used to be when it was first released in 97. There was no concept of trammel and pvp was at its height from 97-00.

These changes are positive ones that will push pvp back to the intended pvp hot spots and increase the red/blue tensions to a new level. This isn't a trammy update, in fact it is the opposite.

Stoltz

Sorceror
Funny how people complain about the new loot. It's not rare as in "handout-rare", it's just another type(s) of loot(s), so complaining about that is just retarded.

Edalon

Squire
This wont stop our Townkilling anyways. Suicide townkilling is NOT affected by this thing but very marginally. Its a worthless change that has NO rational reasoning behind it. All townkillers. Gather up and go Spade on Lock and Loads ass. Fucking trammelites wants to feel safe in towns. No spot should be safe.

Consider this too. IF you have a densely populated server with 3-5k players, there will be hordes out of towns so reds wont really have much of a reason to go to towns. In Hybrid its more like 3-400 active players at any time. Roaming the wilderness as a red when 250 of those 300 are either in towns or at pond is pretty meaningless. I.e it was ok to have reds banned from towns on OSI but on hybrid its totally contraproductive. Remove this silly change.

Hydrofiend

Knight
I don't know how I feel about this... I know this change is drastic, but to be fair, during UO's glory days, reds couldn't enter guardzones. Maybe reds will finally go to Bucs Den/Ocollo... and look for fights in and around dungeons/moongates/brit graveyard, like the good ol' days. Fighting around del is lame anyway.

I think the new rare drops should get enough people outside of guardzones for you reds to have enough people to kill.

Give it a chance.

Hell, I finally have a reason to log on my tamer and kill a monster.

PS. Give Mark a break, at least he is trying to bring some new excitement to Hybrid... I'm sure they will be closely watching how this effects the shard.

Ghost Knight

Sorceror
I'll have to see how they implement this, but I'm generally behind it. I saw one of the popular vendors gating his red into Del over and over killing his "competition" the other night. I personally think town killing is a pretty lame excuse for pvp. I can remember killing people in Luna on Siege Perilous, but I was warring their guilds. I don't remember how the guards worked on Siege for a red in town. I agree that people need to get out in the dungeons.

If they wiped all the trammie crap that's worth millions, it might actually give people a reason to get out and earn some gold. Right now it's almost pointless to kill monsters when there's so many easier ways to make money. I was kinda surprised they had the bod system here, since to me stuff like blaze and ice white screams trammie and sells for lots of money. That just gives people a reason to sit around town sewing, instead of getting out and hunting. I still think the biggest fix they could make to the economy would be to limit houses to 2 per account. Then real estate wouldn't be such a big business and new people could find a house a lot easier. Plus, the shard wouldn't be so cluttered up with crappy plots everywhere. Anyway, I'll get off my soap box.

Stoltz

Sorceror
I'll have to see how they implement this, but I'm generally behind it. I saw one of the popular vendors gating his red into Del over and over killing his "competition" the other night. I personally think town killing is a pretty lame excuse for pvp. I can remember killing people in Luna on Siege Perilous, but I was warring their guilds. I don't remember how the guards worked on Siege for a red in town. I agree that people need to get out in the dungeons.

If they wiped all the trammie crap that's worth millions, it might actually give people a reason to get out and earn some gold. Right now it's almost pointless to kill monsters when there's so many easier ways to make money. I was kinda surprised they had the bod system here, since to me stuff like blaze and ice white screams trammie and sells for lots of money. That just gives people a reason to sit around town sewing, instead of getting out and hunting. I still think the biggest fix they could make to the economy would be to limit houses to 2 per account. Then real estate wouldn't be such a big business and new people could find a house a lot easier. Plus, the shard wouldn't be so cluttered up with crappy plots everywhere. Anyway, I'll get off my soap box.

The good thing about Hybrid is that there are many ways in earning gold. Narrowing it down to just killing monsters would be retarded and UO wouldn't be considered a 'sand-box' game anymore (atleast not on this server). One of the factors that you can lable it such is the fact that merchanting is a way to play, and giving Hybrid a live economy. And when I say merchanting I mean all types, including rare/handout-deals.

Ghost Knight

Sorceror
The good thing about Hybrid is that there are many ways in earning gold. Narrowing it down to just killing monsters would be retarded and UO wouldn't be considered a 'sand-box' game anymore (atleast not on this server). One of the factors that you can lable it such is the fact that merchanting is a way to play, and giving Hybrid a live economy. And when I say merchanting I mean all types, including rare/handout-deals.
Before tram there were people in dungeons...after tram there were people bank sitting. I rest my case.

Hatebringer

Sorceror
Oh say its not so. You mean I can no longer kill afk bank sitters or newbs macroing in town. As hybrid stands the penalty for being a murderer is non existent. Ive never seen a distinction between Blue or Red on Hybrid. I can actually try to lure a gank squad into a guard zone now.

Paracelsus

Sorceror
The red change seems to have huge impact. Not sure if it is good or not. But, I did see more pks in the dungeon (fiend room, hythloth). My finger is a bit tired in defensing the pks. Seem not a bad sign.

For the faction red, maybe they should be "forgiven" in one single event.

Hydrofiend

Knight
Yeah, I've seen just as many reds in the dungeons today as I have blues. Hopefully the rare drops are good enough to get people to stick around.

I killed a Lunar Demon, it didn't drop anything good, so the drops must be rare...

Status
Not open for further replies.