UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes - January 29th 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Man

Sorceror
Only changes I would make is that if you are a red factioner and die to guards you lose points and red factioners can enter towns if they maintain at least level 3 rank, if you fall below then you lose the privelage. Oh, I would also remove guards or at least disable red instagib at moongates. Griefers gone grief regardless of color, location, or anything else. Change won't change much in all reality. I like that it brings back value and meaning to buc's and occlo though.

hoglegs

Sorceror
I agree. The change involving reds getting insta-guard whacked is actually a revert to a prior rule-set and puts PvP back to where it needs to be, around graveyards and dungeons. This is not a negative change folks. It only enhances the meaning of what it is like to be a player killer.

Hydrofiend

Knight
There is tons of action in the dungeons today, no need to fight near guardzones... just watch out for the jap alchy dexer red groups, they are everywhere...

It's not insta-wack, npc has to call guards, but...

Trevor

Knight
There is tons of action in the dungeons today, no need to fight near guardzones... just watch out for the alchy dexer red groups, that are everywhere...
That will last for maybe 2-3 days while people farm these "RARES" till they ant worth shit.

hoglegs

Sorceror
I want to see town guards with A.I. modeled after praxxus and viker..chasing after you with shitty spears and ebolting or paralyzing you until they're out of mana..

Hydrofiend

Knight
That will last for maybe 2-3 days while people farm these "RARES" till they ant worth shit.

Depends how rare the stuff is, I haven't seen any clothing items, just hued armor. If there is super rare sought after clothing items, it will last for some time.

Smokeuog

Sorceror
IDK either way but if any of u played (pre trammel) uo you would know reds were never actually allowed in town guarded zones lol stop pretending your old school

Nok'Tor

Sorceror
seems like they might be armor sets all hued strange colors. i hope it keeps people in dungeons had some fun last night.

Smokeuog

Sorceror
explains why i couldnt cut my leather armor when doing bods ;/ that needs to be fixed imo lool what a waste of leather..

Ghost Knight

Sorceror
IDK either way but if any of u played (pre trammel) uo you would know reds were never actually allowed in town guarded zones lol stop pretending your old school
You could enter guard zones, you just couldn't be seen by anyone, including the npc's. I went north to south and vice versa through minoc plenty of times back in the day.

hobbs420

Sorceror
honestly most ppl play hybrid b/c it is pre AOS style server and for those of us who arent a few yrs new to uo and are back at the beginning this is the way it was.....i have one blue pvper and idk like 15 or 16 red pvpers and i dont see the problem with this.......welcome to the days when reds have to hunt down the blues they murder not just camp at guardline and gank them......i think the problem is ppl dont wanna do any work as a murderer anymore......if your not near a guardline you dont have to worry about the blues running into town???? and who says this ends town killing?? have you not watched ONE's noobie ass' on their alts??? one recalls on a blue while a red throws a pot at them and the damage hits who they recall next to so yeah just grow up and adapt.....anybody that has served this country will tell you war isnt ever what you want it to be and if your truely pvpers and think your good then adapt and move on

Ghost Knight

Sorceror
There seems to be a change to housing too. I bought a house today and was going to drop it and resize it. The demolish house option is greyed out and can't be accessed. In the past, you could place and drop houses over and over without a timer.

Countessa

Knight
There seems to be a change to housing too. I bought a house today and was going to drop it and resize it. The demolish house option is greyed out and can't be accessed. In the past, you could place and drop houses over and over without a timer.

there were no changes to houses
sounds like you have something in your moving crate

Mara

Knight
It's just that it is unexpected, so people have lots of characters that no longer work the way they expected or intended them to. That is a real problem. If you attack a red, you should not be allowed to run to town and be safe. No way, no how. The guards at the gate should tell you 'Finish your business first bounty hunter', or something similar. Plus, there is always the issue of area-effect griefing to worry about. People really do run around oranges or greys on blue characters, just for the sole purpose of giving counts, or to utilize guard-whacking (with their very own mount if they can as if that makes any sense). Yes, people are that lame. That is why they used to have different area-effect rules for this ruleset here on this shard. It's more of a modified siege perilous ruleset in many ways, since they only have one facet, and it's supposed to be kind of hardcore. There are plenty of situations on the shard, with the current coding mechanics, where you have no chance whatsoever to kill someone 1v1 without some type of area-effect damage (Hider-healers in town, just to mention one of the most obvious).

On the other side of things, probably more PVP has happened today in dungeons than likely all of last year combined. If they keep at it, building code to switch things up with the monsters all the time to keep people finding new spawns, then that could certainly be a great thing. They just have to make sure it doesn't quickly go stale.

Status
Not open for further replies.