UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes - January 29th 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nok'Tor

Sorceror
HYBRID NEEDS PLAYERS. When you douchebags send your red into town and kill every AFKER in sight, it makes the towns look empty. people play on servers where people play. I haven't been spoken to by a GM about this but i would bet you a $billion they are doing this to keep people from getting town killed. When the towns look empty, new players quit b/c it doesn't look like there's a population. It needs to look like there's a population.
Also, the shard is full of elite pvpers and when NOOBS join up, they need to have a safe haven where they can learn the ropes or else they will get oppressed by you asshats and rage quit, which is also bad for the shard. It's really not too hard to figure out just pull your head outta your ass for a second and think about things. Don't you want a higher shard population? Wouldn't you like to see 900-1000 players again when you log on instead of 500-700? I sure would.
-Elric

It would be great to have more players on this shard. its something alot of us have be proactive about by getting friends to play and advertise to our various circles. One of the highlights of this shard is that turns away from the Trammel feel and rule set that made us leave OSI shards in the first place. Hybrid offers a shard that is focused on skill rather than Items in a setting that is more like the UO we want to play rather than what UO had become over years of being watered down.

While I do agree that we should be a bit more inviting to new players, I also think that the current players should also be considered. It would be great to get 300-400 new players on hybrid. But only if those 300-400 where actually playing. we dont need 300-400 more bank sitters in bright cloths. we dont need safe zones. We dont need trammel. We just need to be able to tell our friends and people we have played with in the past that Hybrid dosnt have any of that shit. Hybrid is the place you want to go for great pvp. there is no Trammel in Hybrid.

Amerigo

Sorceror
You guys must have forgot awhile back when reds couldn't enter towns. It's not a big deal. Go out and play in the dungeons, get your new rare drops.

This is the way it ways way back when in the start of uo.

Everyone is thinking about this in short term. What this means is that reds will not sit outside del gates. Theyll be out further. If you want to fight you cant hide by the guard zone because the reds wont be around

Agreed Nok'Tor... But I must say trammel should be very apealing to the admIns, as every veteran player know... Trammel was so successful to OSI's bottom line.

CosmosRockin

Wanderer
I mean hell...This just means dungeon crawlers and PvMers need to watch out because reds can't sit at Del anymore and wait for the players who have nothing on them...Instead, they can attack the PvM'ers and dungeon crawlers who are loaded with loot.

It would be great to have more players on this shard. its something alot of us have be proactive about by getting friends to play and advertise to our various circles. One of the highlights of this shard is that turns away from the Trammel feel and rule set that made us leave OSI shards in the first place. Hybrid offers a shard that is focused on skill rather than Items in a setting that is more like the UO we want
While I do agree that we should be a bit more inviting to new players, I also think that the current players should also be considered. It would be great to get 300-400 new players on hybrid. But only if those 300-400 where actually playing. we dont need 300-400 more bank sitters in bright cloths. we dont need safe zones. We dont need trammel. We just need to be able to tell our friends and people we have played with in the past that Hybrid dosnt have any of that shit. Hybrid is the place you want to go for great pvp. there is no Trammel in Hybrid.
hey i'm with you on trammel. trammel sucks. i plaed lake superior in 2002 i know all about how bad trammel is. But this is not the same thing. Hybrid is kinda like old school Seige Perilous in some sense and it drives people away who aren't hardcore pvpers. Back in 02 when i played, i was a trammy and i was scared to death of felucca. every time i went there i died instantly. it sucked. i remember that feeling of helplessness. i'm not saying we need trammel, i'm saying that noobs should have some protection and to Jim Lahey's point, there's more to UO than just pvp. Some of us are here to be merchants and there should be a place for that too.

HYBRID NEEDS PLAYERS. When you douchebags send your red into town and kill every AFKER in sight, it makes the towns look empty. people play on servers where people play. I haven't been spoken to by a GM about this but i would bet you a $billion they are doing this to keep people from getting town killed. When the towns look empty, new players quit b/c it doesn't look like there's a population. It needs to look like there's a population.
Also, the shard is full of elite pvpers and when NOOBS join up, they need to have a safe haven where they can learn the ropes or else they will get oppressed by you asshats and rage quit, which is also bad for the shard. It's really not too hard to figure out just pull your head outta your ass for a second and think about things. Don't you want a higher shard population? Wouldn't you like to see 900-1000 players again when you log on instead of 500-700? I sure would.
-Elric
RE

This is spot on, I cant sit for 30 mins anywhere, not delucia/brit/yew ANYWHERE without some bored 14 year old punkass killing or trying to kill me afk. And then the want to say that i deserved it or "I'd know better next time not to go afk" like the had taught me a lesson or some such shit. Now think if you ARE a new player macroing in del and are trying to gm resist with 500 regs in your pack getting killed 3-4 times a night maybe even by the the same asswipe and getting SO frustrated you just give up on the game.. Not everyone has mils for skillballs, some people are actually new and shouldnt have to putup with the shit and just to be able to have a chance to have fun. You guys did it to YOUSELVES, and im not saying its everyone. In all actuallity its probly a handfull or less lame people who do it, but its all they do it seems like. *GATE OPENS* 4 reds spill through *WHACK* *GATE OUT* *GATE BACK IN* *LOOT* *WHACK* over and over, and what for?? Some regs? OR Just to be a PRICK. I play many reds but im glad they did this personally. STOP CRYING! You still have Occlo and Bucs plus the whole rest of the map. And thats my 2 motherfucking cents. GO MARK!!!

Lol soulsharvester there is a forum dedicated to giving away free homes... Quit being a noob
You must be one of the handfull i spoke of, im sowwy you cant town kill any more:(

I dont even kill people afk outside of the guardzone, wheres the fun in killing someone whos not even there to fight back or witness it?

The only places that resemble Trammel are the duel pits and poker boat - reds of all people were the one's i would have thought didn't want it easier to be a red. Having reds in town was like having a trammel server built for reds.

If anything Regulator01, veteran players would remember that when uo was in its most purest form reds were not allowed in town without being guard wackable (if some one calls them that is).

Status
Not open for further replies.