UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Veteran Reward Update

Rambone

You've been ramb0ned
Re: Veteran Reward Update

I like the +1 armor clothing deeds.

but make it give +10 to shrouds

Wanderer

Plan for the future also. 4,5,6 years :p.

My youngest account is 3 years, oldest is 4 years.

Ozzy;1713385 said:
Would probably piss of the younger generation of the shard since the majority will still be in the regular place, fighting like hell to earn the kind of money the veterans earn...
Nice dream though...

well we have all had our year or 2 making money the regular way, so theres no reason for em to complain. and it doesnt necessarily have to be a money making area.. just a fun enjoyable place to be for the older guys.

also if i was sittin at 6 months or whatever, id be counting down the days til i get to go through the magical 1 year gate to see whats through it instead of complaining about it, lol just a way to give people something to look forward to. id also like something like this much more than having a magical menu appear for me to pick which l33t item i want. id rather have something i can enjoy and go to over and over. also might help some of the older players learn what its like to play uo again. instead of gettin some special hue item for them to put on and sit at the bank, they can go explore and have fun in the new area

I say once u hit 3 or 4 years, all your accounts are deleted. Therefor forcing them players to play a lot all over again.

Ozzy

Sorceror

FrostFire2006;1713583 said:
well we have all had our year or 2 making money the regular way, so theres no reason for em to complain. and it doesnt necessarily have to be a money making area.. just a fun enjoyable place to be for the older guys.

also if i was sittin at 6 months or whatever, id be counting down the days til i get to go through the magical 1 year gate to see whats through it instead of complaining about it, lol just a way to give people something to look forward to. id also like something like this much more than having a magical menu appear for me to pick which l33t item i want. id rather have something i can enjoy and go to over and over. also might help some of the older players learn what its like to play uo again. instead of gettin some special hue item for them to put on and sit at the bank, they can go explore and have fun in the new area

And why can't veteran players enjoy themselves in our regular world? Why do they have to run of to some sunshine fairy tale to enjoy themselves? I mean the assholes will always follow so it doesn't matter where you are.

Freshjive

Wanderer

What about a custom coloured titles for 3+ year accounts sitting above guild titles or faction titles. That way its something people who actively use their vet accounts can benefit from, and as its not an actual item, it wont flood the market.

Verrat

Wanderer

i dont think that farming will be a major problem, but if is of concern a simple solution could be to make it so certain vet rewards take more than one reward slot per item.

i know id love to have the ankh house deco item from osi so that i could res in my house, and id be willing to throw all 40 or so of my vet reward points into it.

im sure people would be willing to kick 5 points at a flaming head deed and things of that nature to.

Stroh 80

Wanderer

How about Ethereal Nightmares? or Ethy Kirins Unis and stuff, Like their actual color, cuz as a warrior, i would definatly think it would be elite to ride a mare.

Symptom

Wanderer

dunno if it's been mentioned....but what about a working ressurrection ankh, that you can lock down in your house. Perhaps have it use like 10 lockdowns or something to place.

CapLoD

Sorceror

Verrat;1713682 said:
i dont think that farming will be a major problem, but if is of concern a simple solution could be to make it so certain vet rewards take more than one reward slot per item.

i know id love to have the ankh house deco item from osi so that i could res in my house, and id be willing to throw all 40 or so of my vet reward points into it.

im sure people would be willing to kick 5 points at a flaming head deed and things of that nature to.

great idea though

hoglegs

Sorceror

Symptom;1713748 said:
dunno if it's been mentioned....but what about a working ressurrection ankh, that you can lock down in your house. Perhaps have it use like 10 lockdowns or something to place.

I could see them doing something like this.. but only an ankh that worked for the account it was given to... definitely not some public thing..

Inspector

Sorceror

well I dont know if this has been suggested but, wiping all vet rewards, and then repopulating the points and changing the amount from1 month per reward to like 3 or 4 per year would cut down on the amount, or maybe just 2 points a year make ethereals rideable at either a year or 1.5 years would make them worth something again. And about the account farming you could seriously just do an account wipe by ip, have it go through and whoever has more than 4 to a certain IP gets the accounts wiped till they are down to 4 and then have that IP get locked so they can't create more.
But there would still be alot out there but still a huge demand for some items such as ethy's the robes/cloaks and any other useful item you might decide to add.

hoglegs

Sorceror

I would say wiping all vet rewards, resetting all the vet points, keeping all old vet rewards, and adding new ones that ONLY work with the account they were given to, is the way to go.

CapLoD

Sorceror

okay new idea.

for a certain number of reward points we can post in the trammel forum.

the idiocy i would love to respond to.

sigh

Arcanus Baja

Wanderer

solve it now. make a Heavy Smoker statue. Every time you run buy it it could say something like "I will pwn you in a video game because i get picked on at school"
or it could just hav ea high pitched girl scream.
well... damn that would flood the market. everyone would only get that because heavy is the gay.

Bladerunner1

Wanderer

I think you need to look at the shard as a whole and think what are we trying to achieve with veteran rewards? As somebody who studies business i will look at this from the geek point of few for a second.
So firstly, I think it can be agreed across the board there are two objectives with UOG.

1) Have a good play environment

2) Maintain player levels so the environment is interactive and dynamic.

Now, these two things support each other, the one attracts the other and its a repeating cycle. As such, these two objectives should bte the goal of efforts.

Next, who are we trying to reach with our objectives?

a) Are we trying to entice new members to stay?

b) Or are we trying to encourage <1 (less than one year) members to stay a bit longer

c) Or are we rewarding long term members so they stay?

As a generalisation, some of the ideas forementioned should be ruled out because of two main considerations:

- Having items that adversely affect the fairness of the game will deter new players because the server will become rigged. Therefore, items must not affect fairness too much.

- Having items that greatly help new players too soon will greatly deter veteran players

So what are some good ideas?

##################################
#### 1 NEW PLAYERS 0->3months ) ####

I think the current etheral system is good, new players dont really need as much incentive. Its something small and it keeps the players happy. The only thing i can think of is general assistance like say 200-500 each reg or like 5 force weapons at the month point.

#### 1 NEW PLAYERS 3-12 months ) ####

I think when mark first launched this, he realised that colored capes and robes were kind of BS.
If i wanted to choose 1 item that would address the whole reason mark thought the old system was BS and what can we do?

- what about the ability to +2 armour bless your OWN item of clothing.
- the ability to name regular crafted clothing. (not anything, only like 10 set statements involving your name) "property of Jeremy", "hands off Jeremy's" Where the name is your char name.

Okay that idea was pretty lame and unimaginative. what about skill/trade enhancements / kickstarters

These things are all 'choices'

Tamer
-A pure mare with random stats
-A pure dragon with radom stats

Bard
- 10 Blessed instruments
- 10 blessed horns

Blacksmith
- random +5 or +10 smith scroll (perhaps the one available goes up with time).

-A force blessed weapon for 1 month (to balance regular pvp versus faction, less powerful than normal Blessed fac weps (cause its not colored), not bad though)

Anyway you get the idea, these things are supporting and enhancing play instead of being useless to a new player.

#### 2 EXP PLAYERS 12-24 months) ####

I think at this stage, people are getting cash, they dont really need a kickstart anymore.

Here were talking:

Access to a permanent delucia fair area
Silver checks system for factions
FAction blessed weapon deed (for poor people, why should only rich vets get them?)
Convert gold to silver deed
Random faction item per point
Access to a new poker area maybe with blackjack or something
access to a new city
Dueling for cash system
Betting on duels in the pits (MAKE THE PITS AWESOME)

its all about perks. Not godly perks yet, but were cookin with gas yeh?

#### 2 veteran players 3 - 5 years) ####

Not sure, i like things like house upgrades, bridges anks. Really cool rares. As much as it pains me to say it cause im only 6 months these guys probably deserve something. I would probably steer clear of anything tradeable.

Even access to like a CUB system thats complely nerfed but is still funky and cool would go down a treat. Id say this is what the vets need. GOLD SINK plus they will have sex for gold with you Mark.

Also, Private poker area, Private city access for rich/old people only. No noobs allowed. "no noob(s) city"

Discuss here.

and dont make it imba or it will fuck the shard of course.

-----------------------

ANYWAY, i was just throwing out a line of though, a lateral thinking storm if you will, discuss if your interested.

I would like to make this into a new thread, and update the first screen with all of the good ideas from the 15+ pages, putting them into categories for each month. If somebody could be bothered doing this it would be cool.

Symptom

Wanderer

The leper affinity;1751798 said:
Or like what EA/Mythic just released a box where you can exchange Comm. deeds in a house.

That's a good idea.
Like if you buy 60k each reg, you could take the commodity deeds to your house and redeem the regs in that special box. That could come in handy.

DeViiaNt

Knight

Symptom;1751818 said:
That's a good idea.
Like if you buy 60k each reg, you could take the commodity deeds to your house and redeem the regs in that special box. That could come in handy.

I agree. It's a pain having to go back and forth to the bank claiming commodities... especially when they're too heavy to hold all at once.