UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Veteran Reward Update

Mark

Knight
Veteran Reward Update

The current issue preventing me from implementing any worthwhile veteran rewards is account farming.

It would take me a few minutes to add new items to the system. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything I can add that won't become worthless 10 minutes after the server restarts.

I think at this point it might be better to simply give additional privileges to older accounts. This would mean having an older account would only benefit you if you actively use it.

Any suggestions along those lines?

Re: Veteran Reward Update

a special monster farming spot, not too big of an area, but not too small, only accessible to (2+ year vets?). would be a good pvp hot spot if it were worth farming...perhaps a special monster spawns there that has a VERY small chance to drop a special (wearable?) item

WaRgAzM

Knight

Holy crap '=/ that'd be way to useful

How about like OSI and Maybe a +5 skillcap per year? It is nothing spectacular. But could help vets with a few extra points.

And wouldnt have to worry about farmers. Cause it is only worth while on that account anyways.

have a day when u log on u meet for an event. at the event see there age and give reward. make it once ur in you cant come back if you leave. if u miss it you miss it. that way wont flood the market with vet rewards. who got them will want to keep them. and make sure no one farms the accounts that 1million of them are alreayd made . It will really see how many players hybird has. estimated the best with NIce vet reward. as you hand them out check to see if any other accounts are online linked to the ip if so no reward.

suggestions for reward -

in my opinion best if you make it where u cant transfer the reward. so nothing will affect other items by much atleast.

Cool ethys like - if possible for highest accounts give dolphins u can ride for a boat. haha
or reg ethys convert them into like chickens/monsters/ just anything cool looking. or woudl that just kill the uo sales

BIg keg that will hold like 10 reg kegs

also i liked the event idea. make a area for pvm and pvp and you can choose one like nontransferable rune to it where u cant move it or put in runebook. and make it un markable in the area

Neon hair/beard even vets cant always afford it

player vendor u never have to put gold into. no one really does vendors here so the gold they charge is insane because unless ur nonstop gating or just GREat locations and economy how it is you gotta sell good items u cant sell lil gm weps. and to keep it stocked cost moNEy!

think of more if i get time bout to head out but hope that helps or sparks an idea. glad to see a post about it. hehe

tbkiah

Wanderer

boosalsa;1678303 said:
some ideas

-runebook copying deeds
-kegs that hold 1k pots instead of 100

it needs to be something that can't really be flooded into the market.... so runebooks would be super copied and flooded into the market... would be useful... but not just for active vet accounts...

tbkiah

Wanderer

How about black/really dark hair colour dye... i don't like all the bright colours... there's nothing dark...

6th toon slot for anyone over 3 years old

they started this on osi a while ago and im sure that demise has it to

tbkiah

Wanderer

6th char would be lame... cause i don't use 6 chars on my accounts... i use 4 accounts with like 1 char on each so i can log on a new char when my other char is dead... no waiting 5 minutes...

Kingllama

Knight

Mark;1678294 said:
The current issue preventing me from implementing any worthwhile veteran rewards is account farming.

It would take me a few minutes to add new items to the system. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything I can add that won't become worthless 10 minutes after the server restarts.

I think at this point it might be better to simply give additional privileges to older accounts. This would mean having an older account would only benefit you if you actively use it.

Any suggestions along those lines?
black floppy vet hat armor of 1+ or any color like on the vets?? non tradable

tbkiah

Wanderer

how about a piece of clothing that doesn't need a dye tub to dye?.... u dbl click it and you get a special dye tub gump... blessed and only usable by specific characet/account...

KraCKa

Sorceror

someone said this before but stuff like +2 armor clothes that people actually wear like doublets or somthing....and 4 year vets should get somthin really cool, and couldn't the rewards be ip based or somthing like you guys do some of the handouts to prevent farming?

would have to be in a controlled situation that hybird cant do unless u do it manually. people alreayd know how to find a vet account in 30seconds. this isnt osi where u pay for account. people can make accounts nonstop if they want to.

a noob

Sorceror

I like Mr.Brightside's idea.. maybe make some sort of token/reward system only for vet's +2 or +3 years old. Certain monsters may carry more token's or points and there can be like a reward stone in Brit that allows you to choose certain rewards? This way you have to play actively to take advantage of the reward, and even then the rewards can only still be used by vets.

a noob;1678356 said:
I like Mr.Brightside's idea.. maybe make some sort of token/reward system only for vet's +2 or +3 years old. Certain monsters may carry more token's or points and there can be like a reward stone in Brit that allows you to choose certain rewards? This way you have to play actively to take advantage of the reward, and even then the rewards can only still be used by vets.

nice idea but that would only make people page how unfair and post about it that others can make money like that double money while others have to do it regular.

a noob

Sorceror

HoTtEsT oF d HoT;1678361 said:
nice idea but that would only make people page how unfair and post about it that others can make money like that double money while others have to do it regular.

Just have the monsters drop no loot then, just tokens.

Fidessa

Wanderer

What about implementing a quest only available when you are x amount of months? You can do it only once per account and gift is something nice. It shouldn't be an easy quest, but one that takes time.