UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Tamer Balance

How should taming be balanced?

• Remove bonding

Votes: 237 17.0%
  • Reduce pet speed

Votes: 138 9.9%
  • Reduce pet damage

Votes: 182 13.0%
  • Heavier bonded pet skill loss

Votes: 145 10.4%
  • Remove recall with bonded pets

Votes: 193 13.8%
  • Its fine how it is

Votes: 822 58.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalpon777

Wanderer
Re: Tamer Balance

I posted this in another thread, but it deals with this issue so here it is again:

"As to the first thread; I agree with all of it, but two I don't. I have to say, I've just started my first tamer on UOGamers, and seeing the no bonding suggestion is discouraging. I think that being able to have a pair of pets, tweaked to your liking, and bondable, is a priviledge that GM tamers should get considering it's the hardest skill to gain in (though thankfully uog has faster skill gain than osi). The taming template is made for one reason; hording in cash the hard way. That and they make invasion/fighting events a bit less chaotic. Besides, what use would training a pet for hours be if they could just heel over and die from a mob of lich lords or demons? Maybe it could be balanced another way."

I agree though that taming could be made harder to gain. It IS already the hardest skill to GM, always has been for UO, but UOG has such fast gains that it really dosen't matter. A little harder to gain, maybe no recalling with pets, and it would be balanced :) Doing anything else is just going to make alot of people mad, and I would hate to see it changed drastically because of a bunch of noobs shouting "taming is teh suxx0r, nuke it!"

Just for the info dude... this thread was made a year ago... and there have been alot of ways that Taming was nerfed since then so i doublt it will happen again..

Kalpon777

Wanderer

Well it already is happening again. It's being discussed in the suggestion forum, a thread called "The councilors suggestion" blah blah. Alot of that thread is really good, but they want to nurf taming again. ;/

Dimitrick

Wanderer

nah its fine how it is, the thing that have to be changed is that the pks let you enjoy the game while u're hunting xD

Mark said:
Many players have expressed to me that there is an inbalance in taming.. specifically with pet strength. What do you players as a whole think would be an ideal solution?
dont give up hope mark, a large percentage of this shard is blinded by bias cuz they play a tamer as their main, for those of us who have no problem admitting that tamers are overpowered like what u r trying to do

Dimitrick said:
nah its fine how it is, the thing that have to be changed is that the pks let you enjoy the game while u're hunting xD
any tamer who cant evade a pk attack is painfully nub, all u need to do is keep ur runebook open and ur reflect up, since you dont even need to gate ur damn bonded pets out, u can recall the second u see the red name on ur screen leaving u in town WITH ur pets...................................

Bernardo

Wanderer

darthjesus said:
any tamer who cant evade a pk attack is painfully nub, all u need to do is keep ur runebook open and ur reflect up, since you dont even need to gate ur damn bonded pets out, u can recall the second u see the red name on ur screen leaving u in town WITH ur pets...................................

it's not about that u dumbass, anyone with a runebook can evade a pk attack...

the point is that pk gank squads were getting owned by tamers so they come to the forum and cry their ass off which is what they do better and here we are , nerfing taming more.

opie369

Wanderer

removing pet bonding would severely kill off anyone wanting to become a tamer. You don't want to look for 6 hours for a mare to spawn and then just have it die where you use to be able to hold it for a week and then keep your pet. may help with pet sales but definitely not the hardcore pvmers that like to go after the bally's and shadows ancients, ect...

Ukkela

Sorceror

tamers won this poll cause they want that pets are the best and its too hard to fight tamers alone they can still have gm mage eval and resist so theyre normal with a huge pets who help them and theyre too good

Dufus52

Wanderer

Uchiha~Sasuke said:
Now on to the tamer matter, I read in a post a few weeks ago this guy had a great idea many of the people that responded to it loved it. People bitch about tamers because of pvp well this guy (sorry sir i dont remember your name) had thought up of an idea that if a tamer was going to use his pets in pvp once they give the all kill command that pet goes unbonded for a battle timer of we will say 5 mins, once it has not been in combat for 5 mins it will switch back to its bonded status. say if somone attacked the tamer then the tamer could freely attack back without the worry of the pet going unbonded.

Basicaly, If you attack first its your fault if your pet dies, If they attack first its free game pet does not go unbonded and your free to attack. This would be for pvp only not pvm (gotta point that out for some of the dumber people)

Sasuke
~True Knight~

I like this idea. It affects only the PvP Tamers which is the basic complaint here. Some one else mentioned removing the ability to recall. How about with the idea mentioned in the quote, make it a criminal act to attack another player with a pet. This again will only affect the PvP Tamer. You can't recall as a criminal. And it won't screw the lone Tamer with gank squads by taking away all recall abilities. If you attack your pet is unbonded and you can't recall. But if some one attacks the tamer first they deserve all they get. That is Fair to all. I hunt alone and mind my own business. Yet being able to recall has saved me more than once from a gank squad.

Robo-hybrid

Wanderer

EVERYONE KNOWS TAMERS ARE OVER POWERED!

1. Recall is too fast/easy to cast.

2. Tamers are for farming, not pvp or pking.

3. Tamers should always be taming pets to harvest gold and supplies, this bonded system gives tamers an easier life which pampers them.

4. If there were not bonded pets: Tamers would be in many dungeons taming pets to go farming with, thus more dungeon fighting can be done than there is now. Yes, being chased by pks is not fun.. But since there are mounts on this shard I dont see why you cant handle yourself?

5. Everything that should be balanced isnt on this shard, many players are really pampered and most of them expect things to go there way. I've witnessed a majority of players at dungeons recall in the .2 seconds it takes to cast. With magic reflect being a hassel to take off to begin with, it seems the "noobish customer" gets their way more than the "legit pk". Rather to both being balanced and fair. PKing cannot get out of hand because of this pampering being done.

tmoney!!!

Wanderer

here again u have to look at how long ppl have been playin uo! I guarentee if you have just started playin you have a tamer. Everyone has them. Monters dont drop enough gold as it is. Why make ppl peace and waste all their regs and crap just to waste more money that will be dropped by the monster. I v the point this guy just made about the recall and that is gay. But hey lifes a bitch. lol I dont know how many times my pet has saved me from a pk gank fest (like 7-10 pks) Iv is rare to see a pk run solo now. You cant say its unfair bc how is it fair with 7 pks vs 1 person and a pet. Its almost always pownage city

BTW i dont play here anymore but just thought i would exspress my self:)

Robo-hybrid

Wanderer

tmoney!!! said:
here again u have to look at how long ppl have been playin uo! I guarentee if you have just started playin you have a tamer. Everyone has them. Monters dont drop enough gold as it is. Why make ppl peace and waste all their regs and crap just to waste more money that will be dropped by the monster. I v the point this guy just made about the recall and that is gay. But hey lifes a bitch. lol I dont know how many times my pet has saved me from a pk gank fest (like 7-10 pks) Iv is rare to see a pk run solo now. You cant say its unfair bc how is it fair with 7 pks vs 1 person and a pet. Its almost always pownage city

BTW i dont play here anymore but just thought i would exspress my self:)

Its called risk versus reward as a tamer. You shouldnt be allowed to recall out with pets in the .2 seconds it takes to cast. Theres hardly any risk here.

I myself dont play here anymore as well, 30 of my friends and myself decided to leave because of so many factors benifeting the newbish player in order to keep a high population.

pete84

Sorceror

well, first off some people on this shard donate to get money, which is great for supporting the shard and all but that can also eliminate the need to hunt for gold. Having a tamer myself for supplying gold is essential, the easiest way to make money on this shard without paying rl money for it. So i think that bonding should be kept for the sake of people that hunt to make money. I am a solo hunter and i wander about places trying to find the best and most quietest place to hunt, but there are still chances being taken, i mean i have gm hiding on my char which is the only defence i have against any pk's and even with that i still die. Sometimes pk's come up with a magic arrow and hit ya with it without the slightest chance of getting a recall off, so the only thing you can do is play smart, bonding being one of the things that give us an upside of hunting instead of paying rl cash for gold. Every template in this game has an upside, bonding being tamers upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.