UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Tamer Balance

How should taming be balanced?

• Remove bonding

Votes: 237 17.0%
  • Reduce pet speed

Votes: 138 9.9%
  • Reduce pet damage

Votes: 182 13.0%
  • Heavier bonded pet skill loss

Votes: 145 10.4%
  • Remove recall with bonded pets

Votes: 193 13.8%
  • Its fine how it is

Votes: 822 58.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stigaman

Wanderer
Re: Tamer Balance

There is also the case that many Weapons based players can do just as much damage to monsters when unchecked. I know if I send my WW and my Mare at an ancient lich, for instance, a person with a Silver/Force Almost any weap will do more damage then both of them and steal the kill.
The skill could be made harder to gain or even more possible stat loss could be given to tamed monsters. It is not that unbalanced in pvp as Tamers can be soft targets. However removing bonding will just help griefers.
Possibly a much longer bonding period should be implemented like a 1 month time and that pet has to kill 100 other creatures of equal or greater strength to bond or something. Just thinking.

djsaul

Wanderer

defintiely just fine as it is now. i enjoy playing my tamer and fighting other tamers and ive never thought once that there was a balance issue. especially concerning strength of dragons and mares which in my opinion SHOULD be very very very strong...right? even if they are overly powerful... cant think of too often im fighting a tamer and i let him use his pets. pretty easy to get someone's pets away from them or disabled.

Robo-hybrid

Wanderer

this poll just had too many choices.. so naturally the children who are dependent get the majority vote in to keep bonding the way it is....

what if the poll was;

1. Remove Bonded pets all-together
2.keep bonded pets but remove recall

im sure that would run over smoothly =x

Back on OSI way back when you only needed tamers to tame a creature. You could control a WW with 0 taming just fine. There was no bonding but you could roll loads of pets and they were easily available. WW's also poisoned like mad but were slow. A lot has changed in the long struggle for the perfect UO PVP balance.

The folks here at UOGamers will never be able to please anywhere near everyone in most of the aspects of the game. Back when i made my tamer they were tons more powerful and took me no time to build. Since he has been nerfed to the point where he is about as deadly as an inscribe dexer. Which is still fun and a nasty fight but not the overpowering 3 vs 1 killer my tamer once was.

I pretty much use my tamer to kill monsters for wepons, treasure hunts and the ocasional desperation pvp battle in which were outnumbered. Which usually ends up in my pets dieing with is just part of it. I refuse to macro fighting my mares and because of that their magery has dropped from gm to low 80's no matter now many monsters i fight they end up dieing and reverting back to when i got them out of the stables, or even lower.

My tamer has lost his place in PVP and im cool with that, but nerfing them even further would make him as frusterating to play as a macer with parry in factions. Nightmares are already hard to find for the new tamers of the shard, so youve put a good hold on the new guys. 4 guys with mares is gay i totally agree but adversity just makes you stronger.

can everyone read this so they can flame lol?

Robo-hybrid

Wanderer

II WKD said:
Back on OSI way back when you only needed tamers to tame a creature. You could control a WW with 0 taming just fine. There was no bonding but you could roll loads of pets and they were easily available. WW's also poisoned like mad but were slow. A lot has changed in the long struggle for the perfect UO PVP balance. The folks here at UOGamers will never be able to please anywhere near everyone in most of the aspects of the game. Back when i made my tamer they were tons more powerful and took me no time to build. Since he has been nerfed to the point where he is about as deadly as an inscribe dexer. Which is still fun and a nasty fight but not the overpowering 3 vs 1 killer my tamer once was. I pretty much use my tamer to kill monsters for wepons, treasure hunts and the ocasional desperation pvp battle in which were outnumbered. Which usually ends up in my pets dieing with is just part of it. I refuse to macro fighting my mares and because of that their magery has dropped from gm to low 80's no matter now many monsters i fight they end up dieing and reverting back to when i got them out of the stables, or even lower. My tamer has lost his place in PVP and im cool with that, but nerfing them even further would make him as frusterating to play as a macer with parry in factions. Nightmares are already hard to find for the new tamers of the shard, so youve put a good hold on the new guys. 4 guys with mares is gay i totally agree but adversity just makes you stronger.

holy crap... invest in paragraphs. didnt read a word of that

Robo said:
holy crap... invest in paragraphs. didnt read a word of that

Wow keep up the informative posts! The 1,000,000 worthless post thread is a forum over genius....

I'll be sure to all kill you =)

Robo-hybrid

Wanderer

II WKD said:
Wow keep up the informative posts! The 1,000,000 worthless post thread is a forum over genius....

I'll be sure to all kill you =)

whatever helps you get an easy kill there. maybe there should be a new phrase instead of the "all kill =s no skill" 'cause no one on this shard is catching onto that simple concept.

Sleepy Char

Sorceror

II WKD said:
no question about it! keep it up were way over 400 posts!

Pay attention to him instead of being sarcastic, you might learn something.

What he is saying is true, if you're going to mash out something as long as that, extend your finger and press the enter key a few times. It makes it a hell of a lot easier for us to read what you typed, and if you don't care about us reading it then why post it in the first place?

Mr Fahrenheit said:
Pay attention to him instead of being sarcastic, you might learn something.

What he is saying is true, if you're going to mash out something as long as that, extend your finger and press the enter key a few times. It makes it a hell of a lot easier for us to read what you typed, and if you don't care about us reading it then why post it in the first place?

if he was as nice as you about it i would have =)

BryanJ

Wanderer

I would like to say that if bonding and recall are taken away, then that pretty much ruins my warrior/tamer character who only has enough magery for using runebook charges consistently. I can't get too far with my frenzied ostys if I can't recall with them and they do die from time to time.

I support the suggestion that those in factions lose pet bondibility.

And on tamer pks, maybe make it so reds cannot control high-level tamables; tamer/pk was never supposed to be a viable class.

TheBluegobln

Wanderer

I am pretty new around here and have hardly even started a tamer here, also I havnt even had a pet bond with me yet. But, I feel I understand the concept quite well and why there are problems with it currently.

The reason I thought I should post, though, is because I thought it funny how misleading this poll can be. Just at a glance one might think... hey... looks like most people want it to stay the same!

Remember though, if you add up all the people that want one of the changes, and compare to those that dont want changes... you get:

819 Change it (somehow)
747 Dont change it

Also thought I would note, the percents are screwed up. They add up to 121.94% total... haha
Thats because the actual total number of votes shown is 1560+ not 1285...

Who designed this poll system?

-Alucard-

Wanderer

Well after reading most of these posts it seems that all of the suggested nerfs that people are complaining about and want implemented seem to be based off of certain tamer builds. It would not be fair when changing something, to do it just because a certain build is 'overpowered' of can gank the easiest because if something drastic is done then what about those other builds that are not only based on or around pvp are changed. If you look at it it will hurt some tamers more than others. I have also noticed that most people are complaining abour mares and the only thing i can think of that could be chanced there is mares run speed could be chanced to just slightly faster than dragons since dragons speed isnt all the fast.

Mostly when nerfing or balancing something you have to think of the many ways of building a character; for tamers the are so many and some are effective at certain things. So when thinking about nerfing, you should think about every build possible and not base you complaints as a 'player' or nerf bat as a 'GM/Dev' at everyone from this group.

Avengedsoul

Wanderer

im kinda new to the game but i have relized by player and friends that have tamers are a little one sided agenst other kind of player.... i know that you are doing stuff to fix it but one thing that i feel that needs to make harder is the skill gain of the pets.... i know you have allready made it harder...it still needs to be harder... another think about the ganking thing you could make it where on the biger pet like the mares, the dragons and the ww's make it instead of haveing 2 limiting it to 1 per tamer..... and i think the luring the pets away is GREAT thing because it is a good thing to kind of get even with the tamers....

Damn't

Sorceror

I've only read the most recent posts, but I do not really see why this is even being debated myself, but I might just be ignorant.. Every time I take my tamer out, say to Destard, or Covetous, I get ganked by pks, and there is not much i can do about it unless I am with my entire guild.. normally I do not get enough time to recall out with pets because the pks are use to tamers or others trying to do this.. And even when i'm going 1 on 1 with a pk, especially a dexer, it is still pretty tough.. (Pure tamer = 0 Eval, peacing and music instead) If bonding was taken out, allot of people would lose allot of hard work and tamers would become useless pretty much.

I don't think recalling with bonded pets should be taken out. It's hard enough to get out with pets when you get ganked in a dungeon or something which happens almost all the time. Also not all tamers have magery especially if they're a true tamer and do peace making then they can't gate anywhere.

Xanartik

Wanderer

Helena has SPOKEN!

Thread OVER.

Ahem. I watched a pair of Pk's take down a dragon and a ww at an idoc earlier, took them a while because one was running with the pair of them on him and the other was attacking them, so I'd say it's fine, lrn2play.

Status
Not open for further replies.