UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Tamer Balance

How should taming be balanced?

• Remove bonding

Votes: 237 17.0%
  • Reduce pet speed

Votes: 138 9.9%
  • Reduce pet damage

Votes: 182 13.0%
  • Heavier bonded pet skill loss

Votes: 145 10.4%
  • Remove recall with bonded pets

Votes: 193 13.8%
  • Its fine how it is

Votes: 822 58.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ironicr

Wanderer
Re: Tamer Balance

I think the follow owner speed is rediculous low, it could be atleast at character running speed(thats mountless running) (concerning dragons)

its at 50% of that running speed now...

even normall spawn is outrunning my dragon.... like how do I protect myself from PK'ers like that...

yawn!!!

robert1213

Wanderer

ironicr said:
I think the follow owner speed is rediculous low, it could be atleast at character running speed(thats mountless running) (concerning dragons)

its at 50% of that running speed now...

even normall spawn is outrunning my dragon.... like how do I protect myself from PK'ers like that...

yawn!!!
Umm stay near your dragon! What i think needs to happen is that pets shouldent be able to kill players once tamed its retarted taming hsould have no place in pvp because it is not pvp if a monster is involved its pvp/m and that isnt fair.

ironicr

Wanderer

robert1213 said:
Umm stay near your dragon! What i think needs to happen is that pets shouldent be able to kill players once tamed its retarted taming hsould have no place in pvp because it is not pvp if a monster is involved its pvp/m and that isnt fair.

woow... what are you talking about!

Staying near your dragon while your under attack by a mage?

Animal Taming is ALSO a concept of Ultima Online, it IS a part of the game... Ultima Online has tried to balance all there skills... which are out of focus now... Animal Taming should not be punished because it has a stronger potion, it should be balanced more...

and the suggestion of not allowing pets to be able to kill players is even more absurd... go climb in one of your local zoo's alligator pool and ask the alli's... let's see what they think of your opinion...

robert1213 said:

What happens to the tamer when they get ganked by 10 reds and can't even use their pets to defend theirselves? Yea there are tamers that use their pets to pvp but how many actually do it? I am tamer mage but I still don't pvp with that character and I die more on her from reds and stuff then on my actual pvp characters. I don't know why so many people are complaining when half the time a tamer can't even tame a horse, especially outside of del without getting ganked by reds. I think it should stay the same but maybe remove bola balls.

why change it?? first off
i use bolas all the time
secound..
how long does it take to make a tamer vs a mage? or a tamer vs a warrior?
the time is spent training, and that makes up for it.. not to mention all the damn reds in doungons.. why are we penalizing the tamers when they are allready getting screwed compared to reds..

This shard hand feeds the reds.. and its getting outta hand that we are accomidating to them when they allready have tons of advantages...

besides most of the reds i know just sit in a house and come out with 20 paras and ex flamestrike..

-Alucard-

Wanderer

Well just make it so reds cant attack with pets...
I mean cmon its not hard to pk someone with 2 mares just recall in a room have all attack prepared and click no pvp skill required its kind of pathetic to think that you are good as a pking tamer just remove the ability to pk as a tamer thats the easiest way... so people can protect themselves with their pets but they just cant go around murdering people

meridian said:
Remove bolas + unlimited followers like OSI.

half your idea is great bolas are ghey (although ive been in factions for a week or two and seen none...) but unlimited followers like in OSI....they changed that so tamers couldnt have 10 dragons and go ALL KILL on one target (all the magic spells they cast would kill very quik) - that wouldnt be balanced.

Meister

Sorceror

That actually used to be quite fun on OSI. I remember hunting AWs with 10 dragons. The AW dropped faster than the words "all kill" disappeared :D

robert1213

Wanderer

Helena said:
What happens to the tamer when they get ganked by 10 reds and can't even use their pets to defend theirselves? Yea there are tamers that use their pets to pvp but how many actually do it? I am tamer mage but I still don't pvp with that character and I die more on her from reds and stuff then on my actual pvp characters. I don't know why so many people are complaining when half the time a tamer can't even tame a horse, especially outside of del without getting ganked by reds. I think it should stay the same but maybe remove bola balls.
A pet isnt goin to save anyone from 10 pkers and it shouldent be able to.

LeKurtz

Wanderer

my opinion about this is that most tamers are weaker when alone than other players on 1v1... with low spell damage, the importance of secondary skills for a mage at pvp is more important than the spell casting itself... as for the taming, to go safely farming you need 4 skills (taming + peacemaking)..

so if you pick your 4/5 basic pvp mage skills, and put other 2 on taming, you will be weak to pvp, because your complementary skills will be just a slow pet who is easily avoidable running offscreen...

now the major part of tamers aren´t aiming at pvp but at pvm. we are there killing 1 or 2 dragons with our pet who is already at half health(and you at half mana healing him). then a red shows up. i tell dragon to attack the red, he hides/runs, my dragon is dead soon enough. i cant recall, i´m next.

what do you mean balance taming ?? my vote would be "make pets faster". i dont see the point on making such a one sided poll. its like... Make tamers weaker? a) yes b) yes) c) sure d) of course e) maybe...

"Reduce pet speed"? lol

PS: actually i was thinking about this again and i come up with an idea (dont know if anyone proposed this before)... Make nightmare take 5 control spots... having a single mare with you is enough firepower for a tamer... and the assholes pet ganking around will have to be running on foot next to the oranges if they attack with mare, since they wont ride even an ethy... considering that if they die, the mare would get a free boat ride, that wouldnt be worth it

PS2: please dont do it with dragons

hivajisa

Wanderer

i remember when i first osi i had a tamer and i would tame as many pets as possible i had like a army of chickens, pigs, birds, horses, etc. and thats how i would have hunted starting out with the tamer but then they changed the rules and i could only have 5 crappy pets i think it would be cool to be able to tame as manys low skilled pets and at least be able to have 2 drags

hivajisa

Wanderer

Dachshund said:
Remove recall with bonded pets
It sux, for sure.
You gotta gate, common lazy tamers
what the hell is removeing recall with bonded pets gonna do besides make the game more difficult for tamers do u even have a tamer so what does it matter to you why should tamers suffer cause ur the lazy one who dont wanna gm tameing all removeing bonding and recalling with pets and stuff gonna do is ruin the game yeah i know everyone of u crack heads want the game to be like it was when it first was made but its not due to the fact that the game really sucked when it first came out now everyone just quit bitching about how tamers got it so easy cause they dont now the only people that should be able to vote on this is people that have tamers and if anyone with a tamer thinks that they should remove bonding then u should just go red and replace lore and taming with the being gay and living with ur mother at the age of 40 skill well im prolly gonna get baned so peace

Status
Not open for further replies.