UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Tamer Balance

How should taming be balanced?

• Remove bonding

Votes: 237 17.0%
  • Reduce pet speed

Votes: 138 9.9%
  • Reduce pet damage

Votes: 182 13.0%
  • Heavier bonded pet skill loss

Votes: 145 10.4%
  • Remove recall with bonded pets

Votes: 193 13.8%
  • Its fine how it is

Votes: 822 58.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tamer Balance

Wai said:
My suggestion of making pets less powerful is to respond to people who are complaining pets being too strong, not toward your criticism on risk vs reward.
Now regarding risk vs reward, you can never make apples and oranges to taste the same. You gain some you lose some. While tamer has an advantage on the so called "risk vs reward", it loses on mobility. Every template has a strong trait, but it just happens tamer rubs you the wrong way. However you don't have to remove an integral part of the tamer system. I am pissed at the supremely accurate katana disrupt me casting spells, but that doesn't mean we have to get rid of disrupting spells. (Before anyone nitpicking my analogy, please interpret the general idea and don't dwell on the details)

If you believe bonding is too much, so let's try to apply some restriction on bonding. Like I said, something like losing the bond status after each res, so it requires people to re-bond the pet afterward. We have concluded that pets are not the same as a weapon, so the argument about a dexer will lose a weapon while a tamer won't lose his pet will not work.

Yet again again, not one decent criticism of my point.

Tamers are weak because of the lack of mobility? sir, they rarely move more than a few squares without recalling

Robo-hybrid

Wanderer

Everyone shut up, here is how things are suposed to be before babies get their way:

Tamers should be taming, not claiming pets in the stable knowing they wont die when they go out to farm/pk kids. Tamers should be taming more than they should ever be farming. Tamers should be at every little hot spot where any type of tamable creature of significant use is available for them.

This would mean less pks patrolling dungeons and spreading things out more. Yes occasionally pks can stumble across a tamer in a taming hot spot, but not likely since they rely on bonded pets so much. Big deal, takes a week to get a bonded pet..

In all reality, tamers are just for making gold.. Kids using them for pking are just... Very slow-minded players, you might as well go make a lumberjack if you dont want to use your head.

Obviously only the real uo players see bonded pets as a huge joke and once again the trammies get more benifeted than the felucians. Yes, I said trammie beacuse thats all I am seeing here and in game.

Raz-hybrid

Wanderer

If anyone would bother to refute my post, maybe you'd have a point. I advocate removing bonding, but also boosting you by lessening taming statloss, etc.

Doesn't anyone else miss the days when tamers actually tamed? Don't you remember them lining up a bunch of tames at brit bank and selling them? Didn't that make the game seem so realistic?

All gone now, replaced by camping the elder gazer spawn and shouting all kill.

I don't know about you, but I'll take the first one, not to mention how the removal of bonding will virtually eliminate the pvp tamer wannabes.

As a final point, being able to recall with your ganksquad is absolutely stupid. A 4th circle spell? pshaw. That has to go no matter what.

sad panda

Wanderer

I agree with Raz. Someone actually knows what he is talking about.

Tamers should tame. Can anyone argue that point? Doubtful. They should not be recalling into dunegons, ganking and then shout "owned!" or "2D motherfcker!" All kill = No skill.

PK tamers are a running joke. Remove bonding. Remove recalling with pets.

Sabre73

Wanderer

ok I am not getting an Answer in game from GMs please how do I make a post? been jumping thought this damn site for an hour and all I cn do is reply to post not post my own please please tell me

Sabre73 said:
ok I am not getting an Answer in game from GMs please how do I make a post? been jumping thought this damn site for an hour and all I cn do is reply to post not post my own please please tell me
Click on new thread...

I respectfully disagree with you mark.

Just because taming gives rewards, is not a reason to curb its power.

If we simply make taming more difficult to gain this will balance things out.

Tames are not usally used in PvP, just in monster hunting and farming.

I think if a player puts in the time to make a good tamer, then he/she should be rewarded with great fortune.

What is the problem with having a good charachter that can control monsters?

I dont see any problems with it, i actually think more mares should spawn, rather then slowing them down. Its not "looking past ourselves to find a better solution for perfection of the server," because thats silly, its about looking at taming and relizing its a very good skill thats hard to train, and if you manage to get it at a certain level to make a lot of money, then good for you. Shouldn't we encourage players to become great rather then delimiting their ability when we see that a particular skill is very valuable?

playainc said:
I respectfully disagree with you mark.

Just because taming gives rewards, is not a reason to curb its power.
Yes I agree. This is a simple subject and I believe the skill should be nerfed to be harder to gain.

tmoney!!!

Wanderer

I dont like the thought that ppl say tamers "kick ass" as u would say bc thats not the case at all! And MARK this is a very good post;) Tamers die so easly!!!! I have vet, animal lore, animal tamin, peace, music, magery, and med. No where in there is resist spells or anyhting else. I have been DOMINATED by pks. U also have to remember that no one travels alone anymore. Blue are always 2gether and reds are always 2gether in dungeons. I think its balanced how it is.

Also one of the reasons i can here was bc it didnt take forever to grow skills. Dont keep makin them harder to grow. In my opinion sphere pvp is the SHIT!!!! I love it so much better than runuo. There is no precasting, cast while ur movin, tryin to fizzle the other person, and mana potions it actually takes skill to pvp on those not just precast and gank. Anyone who has played shpere knows what im sayin. The only thing with sphere is it takes forever to raise up the stats im talkin like 100hrs of gameplay to gm somehting. In conclusion, runuo has an advantage bc it doesnt take forever to grow skills dont make them take forever here also;)

TY

pr0totype

Wanderer

God bless Raz. I just wish these other ppl would get a fucking clue, or that Ryan would force them to get a clue.

LongBullet

Wanderer

Wow... I rememeber ... a long time ago, I posted in this thread. I kept getting emails about people replying to it. About 5 minutes ago I saw "Latest post: Tamer Balance" and stared at it slack-jawed. This post is useless, and never goes anywhere. I BEG the forum mods to just straight up delete it or lock it. It's 42 pages long full of bullshit that noone in thier right mind would read. Just DELETE IT!

Azhul

Wanderer

In years of Ultima Online as every type of game-made character available (Except an Elf)... My opinion has never changed; Taming is the worst part of the game, through and through, without exception. Unfair to both PvP and PvM. Without taming, people would literally be forced to undertake many of the tasks people dominate solo or with even a tiny team. That's the damn truth and though a vast majority will disagree, it's usually because they aren't mature enough to realize the isolationism that would fall away from the game like a thin coat of dried crust if taming were gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.