UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Remove

Status
Not open for further replies.

crikey

Sorceror
The game is unfair all around. Garriot designed it to fuck up everybody XD

You could die to 3 or for super high quaLity weapon hits, I coild die to 3 or so spell hits.

The difference is, my weapon could miss 5, 10 times in a row. The spell never misses.
The competent mage gets a stun off on me when Im under 50% life, guess what: Im a goner if I dont precast Gheal with a wand.
I can try to precast gheal and re-equip weapon and hope the bandage go finishes, if Im out of gheal chargea, but yeah...

Dveryone gets fuckex in their own way

The Monk231

Wanderer
true I do see your point but getting stunned at 50% life and dying isn't making people log off, that is my point and a competent dexxer would never allow themselves to stay on screen and take the dmg from a mage, unless you have a lil skill mini heals and heal pots work wonders you should try that next time instead of going for the gheal when u clearly cant..

The Monk231

Wanderer
true I do see your point, but getting stunned at 50% life and dying isn't making people log off, another note anyone can get stunned at 50% life and come back with just 2 simple things: Gheal pot, and fast casting mini heal it is rlly easy to go back to 100% life against a mage. not to mention u only have to wait 11 seconds for your bandage, now lets go on your point of view the dexxer, boom para blow (which last longer than a stun) not only do you get paralyzed you also get dmged and there is lil delay yes a dexxer can miss but they can also swing rlly quickly if they have enough dex. The mage has to take atleast a 1 second delay to load the spell not to mention the delay it takes for the spell to hit that target. ok now the pot its 4 seconds or 3 obvious delay right there should I go on??

The Monk231

Wanderer
sorry ima go on without your impute I seem to have forgotten some things.
Fact: I have a dexxer used for mobs/events. I agility up I got like 80somthin dex I swing 2 times ever second, now I previously said it takes 4 shots or less, I literally can die in 2 seconds.
Fact: mages cannot kill someone in 2 seconds...

Vizeroth

Sorceror
The game is unfair all around. Garriot designed it to fuck up everybody XD

You could die to 3 or for super high quaLity weapon hits, I coild die to 3 or so spell hits.

The difference is, my weapon could miss 5, 10 times in a row. The spell never misses.
The competent mage gets a stun off on me when Im under 50% life, guess what: Im a goner if I dont precast Gheal with a wand.
I can try to precast gheal and re-equip weapon and hope the bandage go finishes, if Im out of gheal chargea, but yeah...

Dveryone gets fuckex in their own way
It's pretty futile arguing with these boys, as their threshold for what constitutes evidence is pleb-level low and usually revolves around slipshod anecdotes. Back when valorites were blessable, I conducted some weapon damage tests against various setups. With the highest possible meddable AR (43), valorite spears deal about 11 damage per connected hit on average. They don't notice all of the one-damage swings against them, but when a couple of big hits come back-to-back, they activate their confirmation bias and conclude that dexxers are super OP.

The Monk231

Wanderer
believe me I notice every lil amount of dmg done to me.
and another thing was this before or after you complained to staff to nerf the greater strength armor?

crikey

Sorceror
Yeah thats it really. Lots of luck to get back to back hits....

Luck usually doesnt go out way like that lol

He is right about this: 1v1 field the dexxer who preps to the max will rape any mage lol....its not even close.
Either the dexxer gonna. Kill the mage or mage runs away.
People quit over it oh well thats just how the coonie crumbles. Get a group of mages who can sync and watch the dexxers crumble

Uo is a big rock paper scissors game

Vizeroth

Sorceror
believe me I notice every lil amount of dmg done to me.
and another thing was this before or after you complained to staff to nerf the greater strength armor?
You're only human, bud. The numbers don't lie and can be easily tested for yourself. These experiments were done last January, which was after the greater strength nerf, not that that information is at all relevant to what we're talking about.

Found the rest of the data. Over 300 connected swings with a valorite war hammer against 43 AR, the average damage (including crushing blows) was 22.9 and the average crushing blow dealt 40.7 damage. Crushing blow damage capped out at 57 damage, and while I'm pretty sure they can actually deal more, it's obviously a rare occurrence. This test doesn't account for armor durability damage, however, so it obviously doesn't give a full picture of how a fight would play out.

crikey

Sorceror
Unless you get a group of dexxers who crossheal. I think im one of the few dexxer who did this

Carry 15 gheal charges I guess I can waste some charges on my homies :)

crikey

Sorceror
You're only human, bud. The numbers don't lie and can be easily tested for yourself. These experiments were done last January, which was after the greater strength nerf, not that that information is at all relevant to what we're talking about.

Found the rest of the data. Over 300 connected swings with a valorite war hammer against 43 AR, the average damage (including crushing blows) was 22.9 and the average crushing blow dealt 40.7 damage. Crushing blow damage capped out at 57 damage, and while I'm pretty sure they can actually deal more, it's obviously a rare occurrence. This test doesn't account for armor durability damage, however, so it obviously doesn't give a full picture of how a fight would play out.
Nice what other tests have you done.
I like that

The Monk231

Wanderer
I see your point but what your failing to realize is no pvper who isn't a trammy with a lot of gold will go out with 43 ar do your testing on 39-41 and see your results that is the typical amount of AR a pvper has on the field..

Vizeroth

Sorceror
I see your point but what your failing to realize is no pvper who isn't a trammy with a lot of gold will go out with 43 ar do your testing on 39-41 and see your results that is the typical amount of AR a pvper has on the field..
I wouldn't expect the results to be much different at those AR ratings, but it's a moot point considering that valorite weapons cost ten times as much as a suit of invul leather. If you're going to bring up the rarity of someone wearing full invul armor, isn't the rarity of someone using a valorite weapon equally relevant?

The Monk231

Wanderer
at the ar rating I put out I and countless others that I kno have gotted 2 shot with a regular vanq axe a valorite weapon is by FAR not the only weapon that can do the dmg im talking about...

Vizeroth

Sorceror
Axes can certainly output some damage, but frankly, if you die to a lumberjack, you deserved it because they either don't have magery or don't have alchemy.

As I implied earlier, what a weapon can do and what it usually does are entirely different. Why not do some tests to prove your case?

The Monk231

Wanderer
lol that is just one scenario, axes, war hammers, long spears, short spears, hell everything but a bow will kill u in 4 shots or less and it dosent have to be agapite, verite, or valorite it can be a regualer vanq, again I and countless others have died in 4 shots or less to these regular weapons. I don't need to do research I play the damn game I know whats happening on the field, in a pit, or in the events, I get it you only play a dexxer I understand why you would hate this idea.

Vizeroth

Sorceror
lol that is just one scenario, axes, war hammers, long spears, short spears, hell everything but a bow will kill u in 4 shots or less and it dosent have to be agapite, verite, or valorite it can be a regualer vanq, again I and countless others have died in 4 shots or less to these regular weapons. I don't need to do research I play the damn game I know whats happening on the field, in a pit, or in the events, I get it you only play a dexxer I understand why you would hate this idea.
Four shots or less, eh? Okay. How about we make a bet then? 10 million gold says that you will live through four hits against you in the majority of attempts over ten trials. We'll test your anecdotal evidence against my data and see which method of truth-seeking leads to better conclusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.