UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Remove

Status
Not open for further replies.

YewGuards

Sorceror
If I owned or worked for a rival shard. One of my strategies would be to troll hybrid forums and encourage them not to adjust wands, hybrid armor, pvp or scripting. It would be in my best interest for hybrid to remain the same with it's 1% elite pvper attitude.

Judging by this thread, I'm happy to see the majority of the shard wouldn't fall for such fuckery...

Azazel-

Sorceror
And i play everyday, if theres no wands you almost cant solo it will be like uof lol
''like uof'' so there will be action? I'm sure people get bored of just wand pvp. I don't get why you cant see that using wands just makes it one sided pvp, why not just play a first person shooter where you get to play as a mage? Tactics are the main thing that make group pvp enjoyable. How is it that the only tactic being used is lightning wand/gheal wand on the run. This is not a click n chase no skill based game.

Lightning wands enable the most ganking by far. Surviving a gank would be more skill based without them because you now have to use your spellbook to stay alive which requires skills you had to gm. Why make this game easy and boring? The only people who want wands are the ones who have hoards of them. Wands are not top tier pvp, and are abused. They require 0 skill. They have hoards of them since the economy was fucked and the masses started to hoard and abuse them. This server used to walk tall. Now it has no standards and just listens to whoever tries to make sense out of something senseless in the first place.

what happened to staying on screen for a dump?
what happened to the moral of people who enjoyed playing?
when I played 8 years ago a gheal wand 5 charge was 10k.. no one used wands as much and they were way cheaper.
what does this say about wands In general? if it isn't a skill based system the system is therefore flawed.
make wands require a skill/mana cost, tinkering/discord or just do us a favor and [delete.
everyone is so scared to pvp NOW (2016) cuz they don't want to get one shot by a mage. SO MUCH OFFSCREENING....
(Quality of pvp now < Quality of pvp back then).

The defense of item based PvP on a supposed UOR shard amazes me.

No one should be forced to farm endless wands or gold to pay for said wands just to compete. If that was the type of PvP people wanted they would play demise. All I want people stocking is regs, pots and GM leather to be field viable. Even that's a stretch with high end runics rolling around.

You're never going to cater to new PvP'ers (or returning ones without vast fortunes) when mages have to stock 100k+ in armour and wands every time they go out. Most people don't have the time, nor the patience to farm all day anymore. We're not all 14. People want to play for a couple hours, have fun and not give a shit if they die and lose 10k in items.

The more items that become a necessity to be field viable, the closer you get to becoming and AOS shard, and nobody wants that.

Vizeroth

Sorceror
The defense of item based PvP on a supposed UOR shard amazes me.
Neat, another newb talking about the good ol' days of UO:R even though he never played it. I hate to break it to you, champ, but items were a factor back then as well. Magic armor, magic weapons, magic clothing, and magic jewelry were all in play. There were rings that allowed users to cast a free, instant teleport. Clothing and jewelry could be worn to turn invisible, or increase one's stats as with the bless spell. It was also much more difficult to get gold than it is on Hybrid, and even if you had gold, it was tough to buy reagents because they were always out of stock.
No one should be forced to farm endless wands or gold to pay for said wands just to compete. If that was the type of PvP people wanted they would play demise. All I want people stocking is regs, pots and GM leather to be field viable. Even that's a stretch with high end runics rolling around

You're never going to cater to new PvP'ers (or returning ones without vast fortunes) when mages have to stock 100k+ in armour and wands every time they go out. Most people don't have the time, nor the patience to farm all day anymore. We're not all 14.
Good news, champ: it's not actually a requirement to carry 100k+ worth of stock to PVP. Even my loadout barely breaks half that amount most of the time despite my wealth. If you're truly so lazy and incompetent that you can neither kill people to acquire loot nor farm it yourself, you can still be successful as a mage in a group at virtually no gold cost. Knowledge and talent are barriers more than anything in this game.
The more items that become a necessity to be field viable, the closer you get to becoming and AOS shard, and nobody wants that.
Because items matter to an extent, they give people a reason to spend time in the game, which can lead to meaningful action if people are properly incentivized. It's silly to believe that UO's mechanics and setting are so incredible that they can stand alone to make the game successful.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that everyone is on board with your line of thought. I doubt many of us want to turn the MMORPG Ultima Online into Call of Duty's senile grandfather as you appear to desire.

Neat, another newb talking about the good ol' days of UO:R even though he never played it. I hate to break it to you, champ, but items were a factor back then as well. Magic armor, magic weapons, magic clothing, and magic jewelry were all in play. There were rings that allowed users to cast a free, instant teleport. Clothing and jewelry could be worn to turn invisible, or increase one's stats as with the bless spell. It was also much more difficult to get gold than it is on Hybrid, and even if you had gold, it was tough to buy reagents because they were always out of stock.

Good news, champ: it's not actually a requirement to carry 100k+ worth of stock to PVP. Even my loadout barely breaks half that amount most of the time despite my wealth. If you're truly so lazy and incompetent that you can neither kill people to acquire loot nor farm it yourself, you can still be successful as a mage in a group at virtually no gold cost. Knowledge and talent are barriers more than anything in this game.

Because items matter to an extent, they give people a reason to spend time in the game, which can lead to meaningful action if people are properly incentivized. It's silly to believe that UO's mechanics and setting are so incredible that they can stand alone to make the game successful.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that everyone is on board with your line of thought. I doubt many of us want to turn the MMORPG Ultima Online into Call of Duty's senile grandfather as you appear to desire.

I see from previous posts that you like insulting people that don't agree with you because you don't actually have any valid reasons to keep wands, other than you have them and want to keep them.

Your sad attempts at validating the massive amount of wands in the hands of the few by referencing magic items that were more rare than the amount of Hybrid armour on the shard now are nothing but hyperbole. There is also a reason those items are no longer available. Because they were abused, just as wands are now.

The idea that farming items gets people to spend time in the game doesn't hold true either. PvP'ers don't want to farm. Its boring and does not lead to more action because any time a tamer or a bard sees a red they hit a one button recall macro and are gone.

This game should be about skill, not items. As I previously stated, the more you itemize the PvP, the closer you are to AOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.