UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Remove

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRADE MAN

Squire
I can 100% promise you this. If we delete Hybrid armor, it changes absolutely nothing. We wont get not 1 more member due to this change. It kills me how people are so damn jealous that they bring this up repeatedly. I know all of you think, that your screwing over me or Melody, and that's fine. But, think of this... I know of a couple of people, that sold off everything they had just to obtain their armor. To tell those people, "Well, Sorry but FU", is ridiculous. Maybe Hybrid armor wasn't intended to be blessed... I have no idea. But the fact is, people redeemd this on the CUB event, seen that it was blessed, and begin tossing every single emblem they had at it. Its easy for people that didnt go through this grind to troll on forums and say that it should be deleted. Trolls that do this, does not even have a horse in the race. Its so stupid that this is the topic, when we have a chance for real change! Think to yourself... "WHAT WILL BRING PEOPLE BACK TO HYBRID?". Realistically, there's only a couple of suits that are even active. It's rarely seen in the pvp field, and is rarely in a scenario that causes a problem. We should focus on real problem. Not saying that Hybrid armor shouldn't be addressed, but omfg, we have sooo much more important topics than this, and it makes me sick to see this BS from trolls everytime i turn around.

100% HAVE TO REMOVE OR VAMP WANDS HARDCORE
Wands have killed pvp on Hybrid. We are stuck with only a handfull of Elite, Sallos using pvpers. I would think, that these Elite pvpers would want to do whats best for the shard so that we may bring back mediocre pvpers to Hybrid. Those mediocre pvpers made the bulk of our population prior to OP WAND abse and wand scripts.

TAKING MANA WHEN USING WANDS ISN'T ENOUGH
This has to take cast time or cause a pause when used.
Better yet... DELETE all 4rth circle wands period. WAND PLAY STYLE Has killed Hybrid.
I don't want to hear, that this game is so old and people move on and blah blah blah. There are so many other free servers out there with tons more players than we have. And the majority of them has left from Hybrid to go there. I personally have 4 irl friends that play UO that left Hybrid due to wand abuse. This is why I have always been 100% against wands. Because, I had it effect me and my friends. Not everyone falls down, and picks theirselves back up as much as i have. They simply gave up. Im trying to be an advocate for change.

But at the same time, instead of trolling, we should be focused on this 1 thing..
WHAT CAN WE CHANGE TO BRING PEOPLE BACK TO HYBRID?? WHAT 3 CHANGES CAN BE MADE IF WE COULD ONLY PICK 3? FOCUS ON SHIT THAT MATTERS AND THAT WILL BRING IMMEDIATE RESULT TO TURN THIS BOAT AROUND.... HYBRID ARMOR DOESNT EVEN MAKE THE TOP 100 OF A LONG LIST......GET YOUR MINDS RIGHT. Let us deal with the more important issues... then focus on Hybrid armor.

YewGuards

Sorceror
You're definitely right that we need real change and these two items are not the end all be all of changes. However, I can tell you that anyone I know isn't going to keep playing after their first encounter with some dude in blessed hybrid armor or an elite pvper with mad wand skills.

I already had over 10 of my friends give Hybrid another shot last year. They all went to a shard I dare not name with over 700 players. I think this is less of a "The have's and the have not's" issue. it's more of a question. Do you only want players that enjoy this type of play style? If so, we should be happy with the existing population and stop asking the staff to advertise. People already return weekly and leave.

tech.

Sorceror
I can 100% promise you this. If we delete Hybrid armor, it changes absolutely nothing. We wont get not 1 more member due to this change. It kills me how people are so damn jealous that they bring this up repeatedly. I know all of you think, that your screwing over me or Melody, and that's fine. But, think of this... I know of a couple of people, that sold off everything they had just to obtain their armor. To tell those people, "Well, Sorry but FU", is ridiculous. Maybe Hybrid armor wasn't intended to be blessed... I have no idea. But the fact is, people redeemd this on the CUB event, seen that it was blessed, and begin tossing every single emblem they had at it. Its easy for people that didnt go through this grind to troll on forums and say that it should be deleted. Trolls that do this, does not even have a horse in the race. Its so stupid that this is the topic, when we have a chance for real change! Think to yourself... "WHAT WILL BRING PEOPLE BACK TO HYBRID?". Realistically, there's only a couple of suits that are even active. It's rarely seen in the pvp field, and is rarely in a scenario that causes a problem. We should focus on real problem. Not saying that Hybrid armor shouldn't be addressed, but omfg, we have sooo much more important topics than this, and it makes me sick to see this BS from trolls everytime i turn around.

100% HAVE TO REMOVE OR VAMP WANDS HARDCORE
Wands have killed pvp on Hybrid. We are stuck with only a handfull of Elite, Sallos using pvpers. I would think, that these Elite pvpers would want to do whats best for the shard so that we may bring back mediocre pvpers to Hybrid. Those mediocre pvpers made the bulk of our population prior to OP WAND abse and wand scripts.

TAKING MANA WHEN USING WANDS ISN'T ENOUGH
This has to take cast time or cause a pause when used.
Better yet... DELETE all 4rth circle wands period. WAND PLAY STYLE Has killed Hybrid.
I don't want to hear, that this game is so old and people move on and blah blah blah. There are so many other free servers out there with tons more players than we have. And the majority of them has left from Hybrid to go there. I personally have 4 irl friends that play UO that left Hybrid due to wand abuse. This is why I have always been 100% against wands. Because, I had it effect me and my friends. Not everyone falls down, and picks theirselves back up as much as i have. They simply gave up. Im trying to be an advocate for change.

But at the same time, instead of trolling, we should be focused on this 1 thing..
WHAT CAN WE CHANGE TO BRING PEOPLE BACK TO HYBRID?? WHAT 3 CHANGES CAN BE MADE IF WE COULD ONLY PICK 3? FOCUS ON SHIT THAT MATTERS AND THAT WILL BRING IMMEDIATE RESULT TO TURN THIS BOAT AROUND.... HYBRID ARMOR DOESNT EVEN MAKE THE TOP 100 OF A LONG LIST......GET YOUR MINDS RIGHT. Let us deal with the more important issues... then focus on Hybrid armor.

I could make the same argument that i've stocked up on thousands of each wand, and put much time and money into them.

Whether you like it or not hybrid armor has indeed driven away a plethora of players.

I was an active member of the community and an active pvper with the best crew since my debut post 2013 (in my personal opinion) to call me a troll, is just plain silly.

If wands are not removed, I agree we should not only have them consume mana, but also have a cast timer (just like casting spells) to prevent from wand spamming in field.

the real problem however, arent the items. it's the faggot ass GMs that have ran this server for countless years.

We need active staff members that are interested in the better of the server, and not better for their player character.

Shane is probably the biggest moron i've ever talked to, and is not suited for the business world at all.

However, UOForever has the proper marketing and advertising a game like this needs to maximize it's playerbase.

Not sure why UOGamers is not taking advantage of networking and advertising, even if it is 10+ years old, we should have no problem in that aspect.

Before we even get to marketing this server, it definitely needs the proper changes noted above.

This sub-forum is the first step to fix UOGamers, good job.

*sorry for the unorganized wall of text, i'm faded af and I attempted to post a counter argument to your post and add-on to a list of obvious problems the server is having.

TRADE MAN

Squire
I could make the same argument that i've stocked up on thousands of each wand, and put much time and money into them.

Whether you like it or not hybrid armor has indeed driven away a plethora of players.

I was an active member of the community and an active pvper with the best crew since my debut post 2013 (in my personal opinion) to call me a troll, is just plain silly.

If wands are not removed, I agree we should not only have them consume mana, but also have a cast timer (just like casting spells) to prevent from wand spamming in field.

the real problem however, arent the items. it's the faggot ass GMs that have ran this server for countless years.

We need active staff members that are interested in the better of the server, and not better for their player character.

Shane is probably the biggest moron i've ever talked to, and is not suited for the business world at all.

However, UOForever has the proper marketing and advertising a game like this needs to maximize it's playerbase.

Not sure why UOGamers is not taking advantage of networking and advertising, even if it is 10+ years old, we should have no problem in that aspect.

Before we even get to marketing this server, it definitely needs the proper changes noted above.

This sub-forum is the first step to fix UOGamers, good job.

*sorry for the unorganized wall of text, i'm faded af and I attempted to post a counter argument to your post and add-on to a list of obvious problems the server is having.
I agree with almost every single thing you said here. Thanks for making this thread. My only argument on the Hybrid Armor/ wand aspect, is that Wand spam effects pvp abroad where as Hybrid armor does not. Ask yourself, Which of these effects pvp in every single situation?? Wand spam is THE problem. It makes the wand user unkillable in a 1v1 fight vs someone without wands. Hybrid armo, while it gives you an edge, does not make you unkillable. I died wearing it yesterday vs Commandin gDeath, a pk. While my armor did help me in his melee attack, it beat my armor to death almost destroying it. He proceeded to toss purple potions at me, and his exploded right before mine did, making him the victor in this 1v1 fight vs me. Hybrid Armor does not make you win a 1v1 vs another dexxer. We can test these theories and put them to the test. Dexxer vs dexxer w/ same template and 1 with Hybrid armor and one with VAL or another type. Dexxer fights last a long time and Hybrid armor is not very durable. However, if you take a mage vs another mage, same w/ template. Let 1 have wands, 1 without. It is insane the OPness of the other guy wielding wands. Go out and test this.
conclusion;
WANDS OP AND EFFECT THE ENTIRE PVP POPULATION MUST GO FOR HYBRID TO THRIVE
HYBRID ARMOR, WHILE GIVING AN EDGE DOES NOT EFFECT PVP ABROAD AND ONLY HELPS IN CERTAIN SCENARIOS. WHY IT DOES GIVE THE OWNER A SLIGHT EDGE, WHICH IS UNFAIR, IT DOES NOT DICTATE THE CURRENT PVP POPULATION DROP. THERE'S SIMPLY NOT ENOUGH OF IT ACTIVE TO MAKE A BIT OF A DIFFERENCE. IT IS THE LAST THING WE SHOULD BE CURRENTLY WORRIED ABOUT. DELETING HYBRID ARMOR WILL NOT BRING BACK NOT EVEN 1 PERSON, BUT I CAN GUARANTEE YOU THAT WE WILL LOSE SOME. I WILL STAY ON HYBRID NO MATTER WHAT. BUT I CAN ONLY SPEAK FOR MYSELF.
Suzy, look at this issue close, and make your decision based on field results. Watch people pvp and you will see whats causing problems and why all of our pvpers have left.

crikey

Sorceror
I can 100% promise you this. If we delete Hybrid armor, it changes absolutely nothing. We wont get not 1 more member due to this change. It kills me how people are so damn jealous that they bring this up repeately.
I know of a couple of people, that sold off everything they had just to obtain their armor. To tell those people, "Well, Sorry but FU", is ridiculous.
Realistically, there's only a couple of suits that are even active. It's rarely seen in the pvp field, and is rarely in a scenario that causes a problem.
HYBRID ARMOR DOESNT EVEN MAKE THE TOP 100 OF A LONG LIST.....
. Hybrid armo, while it gives you an edge, does not make you unkillable.
Hybrid Armor does not make you win a 1v1 vs another dexxer. We can test these theories and put them to the test. Dexxer vs dexxer w/ same template and 1 with Hybrid armor and one with VAL or another type. Dexxer fights last a long time and Hybrid armor is not very durable.
HYBRID ARMOR, WHILE GIVING AN EDGE DOES NOT EFFECT PVP ABROAD AND ONLY HELPS IN CERTAIN SCENARIOS.
WHY IT DOES GIVE THE OWNER A SLIGHT EDGE, WHICH IS UNFAIR, IT DOES NOT DICTATE THE CURRENT PVP POPULATION DROP. THERE'S SIMPLY NOT ENOUGH OF IT ACTIVE TO MAKE A BIT OF A DIFFERENCE.
DELETING HYBRID ARMOR WILL NOT BRING BACK NOT EVEN 1 PERSON, BUT I CAN GUARANTEE YOU THAT WE WILL LOSE SOME. I WILL STAY ON HYBRID NO MATTER WHAT. BUT I CAN ONLY SPEAK FOR MYSELF.
God I want to hug you right now <3
YOU get it

Couldn't have said it better myself

Post of the month

I agree with almost every single thing you said here. Thanks for making this thread. My only argument on the Hybrid Armor/ wand aspect, is that Wand spam effects pvp abroad where as Hybrid armor does not. Ask yourself, Which of these effects pvp in every single situation?? Wand spam is THE problem. It makes the wand user unkillable in a 1v1 fight vs someone without wands. Hybrid armo, while it gives you an edge, does not make you unkillable. I died wearing it yesterday vs Commandin gDeath, a pk. While my armor did help me in his melee attack, it beat my armor to death almost destroying it. He proceeded to toss purple potions at me, and his exploded right before mine did, making him the victor in this 1v1 fight vs me. Hybrid Armor does not make you win a 1v1 vs another dexxer. We can test these theories and put them to the test. Dexxer vs dexxer w/ same template and 1 with Hybrid armor and one with VAL or another type. Dexxer fights last a long time and Hybrid armor is not very durable. However, if you take a mage vs another mage, same w/ template. Let 1 have wands, 1 without. It is insane the OPness of the other guy wielding wands. Go out and test this.
conclusion;
WANDS OP AND EFFECT THE ENTIRE PVP POPULATION MUST GO FOR HYBRID TO THRIVE
HYBRID ARMOR, WHILE GIVING AN EDGE DOES NOT EFFECT PVP ABROAD AND ONLY HELPS IN CERTAIN SCENARIOS. WHY IT DOES GIVE THE OWNER A SLIGHT EDGE, WHICH IS UNFAIR, IT DOES NOT DICTATE THE CURRENT PVP POPULATION DROP. THERE'S SIMPLY NOT ENOUGH OF IT ACTIVE TO MAKE A BIT OF A DIFFERENCE. IT IS THE LAST THING WE SHOULD BE CURRENTLY WORRIED ABOUT. DELETING HYBRID ARMOR WILL NOT BRING BACK NOT EVEN 1 PERSON, BUT I CAN GUARANTEE YOU THAT WE WILL LOSE SOME. I WILL STAY ON HYBRID NO MATTER WHAT. BUT I CAN ONLY SPEAK FOR MYSELF.
Suzy, look at this issue close, and make your decision based on field results. Watch people pvp and you will see whats causing problems and why all of our pvpers have left.
I'll test it with you.

tech.

Sorceror

suzy, who had previously uploaded a modified version of sallos on SMs or F4s (one of those foreign guilds) website, does not give a fuck about you or the server.

get better more active staff (possibly not corrupt????)

Outkast KBR

Traveler
Wands should definitely at least take mana and have a cool down. You literally have crews running around with 25 charges spamming lighting the entire time.

Also maybe make it so the shard doesn't spawn 30494 wand charges a day? Make them so they are harder to come by.

The hybrid armor debate is exactly what it is, a debate. I don't have that much of a problem with hybrid armor because most of the people who have it are trammies and don't fight anyway. You have Jdizz/Pete/Wedge/Tet that actually use it. This should be a lesson to not create retarded items in the first place. But you do have someone who can 2 hit you with absolutely 0 consequences.

What also needs to be looked at his the blessed weapons you can get from doing events, if your not going to control these items then take all the stupid healers out at every pvp spot.

TheHawks

Sorceror
wand spam is THE problem. It makes the wand user unkillable in a 1v1 fight vs someone without wands.
Any newbie with a dexxer can go farm lichs with a silver weapon during double loot hours and get a gang of wands. What is the problem? It's not hard to get them. I hear people talk down about players that use wands like they are cheating. If everyone used them what would be the issue, besides weaken wand syncs?

YewGuards

Sorceror
Any newbie with a dexxer can go farm lichs with a silver weapon during double loot hours and get a gang of wands. What is the problem? It's not hard to get them. I hear people talk down about players that use wands like they are cheating. If everyone used them what would be the issue, besides weaken wand syncs?
I think the majority of players that quit are more than capable of using wands during pvp battles, they simply choose not to. Which leaves us with the same predicament. Do we accommodate different play styles or stay content with the select few pvping now?

amtothepm

Knight
its simple to use, there's even a hotkey in razor to "use item" in hand ez mode

hunt liches while gaining skills and gaining profitable loot

wands have been around in UO for a LONG time...

now deletion?

maybe cost mana?

but DELETION??

horrid IDEA

YewGuards

Sorceror
its simple to use, there's even a hotkey in razor to "use item" in hand ez mode

hunt liches while gaining skills and gaining profitable loot

wands have been around in UO for a LONG time...

now deletion?

maybe cost mana?

but DELETION??

horrid IDEA
I agree, we should definitely create a solution with an open mind. It shouldn't be all or nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.