UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Remove

Status
Not open for further replies.

crikey

Sorceror
hunt liches while gaining profitable loot
Even up until my "hiatus" I used to bust out lich runs on different pk dexxers. Using FAST silver vanq weapons( katana my fav), even the ancient lich goes down in no time. Probably as fast as a tamer.
Had a nice little route Id take with a full runebook of hotspots. Would bust it out during double loot time, if nothing else going on. Had pretty decent luck
Was win/win: look for blue victims to slay and loot all their wands: FUN!. The most helpless victims would be found at moonglow cemetary LOL! I used to find noobs there alot. I loved to put a WALL of stools up first and then proceed to the the two crypts to attack my prey. HILARIOUS when they try instantly to run away, but end up stuck, panicked, then dead at the great wall of stools XD
If you kill me and my beetle I always have, and you find stools, thats why

At the very least, if no victims found Id at least log out with a bunch of gheal wands (and L-wands Id sell....to buy MORE gheal wands...)

remove wands

hybrid armor does nothing against alchy mages. It does give a big advantage against anyone with a weapon, though.

If you're going to shake things up around here, and have the playerbase say they support it, then get crazy. But if guys like trade man is going to post they will do anything to breathe life into the server, just to turn around and whine about hybrid armor removal, then you're going to have to realize that any decision will upset people.

And where's my lord and savior felipe?

-rhythm-

Sorceror
I can 100% promise you this. If we delete Hybrid armor, it changes absolutely nothing. We wont get not 1 more member due to this change. It kills me how people are so damn jealous that they bring this up repeatedly. I know all of you think, that your screwing over me or Melody, and that's fine. But, think of this... I know of a couple of people, that sold off everything they had just to obtain their armor. To tell those people, "Well, Sorry but FU", is ridiculous. Maybe Hybrid armor wasn't intended to be blessed... I have no idea. But the fact is, people redeemd this on the CUB event, seen that it was blessed, and begin tossing every single emblem they had at it. Its easy for people that didnt go through this grind to troll on forums and say that it should be deleted. Trolls that do this, does not even have a horse in the race. Its so stupid that this is the topic, when we have a chance for real change! Think to yourself... "WHAT WILL BRING PEOPLE BACK TO HYBRID?". Realistically, there's only a couple of suits that are even active. It's rarely seen in the pvp field, and is rarely in a scenario that causes a problem. We should focus on real problem. Not saying that Hybrid armor shouldn't be addressed, but omfg, we have sooo much more important topics than this, and it makes me sick to see this BS from trolls everytime i turn around.

100% HAVE TO REMOVE OR VAMP WANDS HARDCORE
Wands have killed pvp on Hybrid. We are stuck with only a handfull of Elite, Sallos using pvpers. I would think, that these Elite pvpers would want to do whats best for the shard so that we may bring back mediocre pvpers to Hybrid. Those mediocre pvpers made the bulk of our population prior to OP WAND abse and wand scripts.

TAKING MANA WHEN USING WANDS ISN'T ENOUGH
This has to take cast time or cause a pause when used.
Better yet... DELETE all 4rth circle wands period. WAND PLAY STYLE Has killed Hybrid.
I don't want to hear, that this game is so old and people move on and blah blah blah. There are so many other free servers out there with tons more players than we have. And the majority of them has left from Hybrid to go there. I personally have 4 irl friends that play UO that left Hybrid due to wand abuse. This is why I have always been 100% against wands. Because, I had it effect me and my friends. Not everyone falls down, and picks theirselves back up as much as i have. They simply gave up. Im trying to be an advocate for change.

But at the same time, instead of trolling, we should be focused on this 1 thing..
WHAT CAN WE CHANGE TO BRING PEOPLE BACK TO HYBRID?? WHAT 3 CHANGES CAN BE MADE IF WE COULD ONLY PICK 3? FOCUS ON SHIT THAT MATTERS AND THAT WILL BRING IMMEDIATE RESULT TO TURN THIS BOAT AROUND.... HYBRID ARMOR DOESNT EVEN MAKE THE TOP 100 OF A LONG LIST......GET YOUR MINDS RIGHT. Let us deal with the more important issues... then focus on Hybrid armor.

i personally know more then 20 players who quit when everyone was running around with blessed valorites and hybrid armour.

-rhythm-

Sorceror
removing wands isnt gunna do anything for the server. its not gunna MAGICALLY bring back players..
we need core changes to make a shard work it isnt always about pvp, we have to get population of nerds with new spawns/meta pets
more events active staffs events with rewards that make people want to log on and play.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
i personally know more then 20 players who quit when everyone was running around with blessed valorites and hybrid armour.

Thats cute, but an exaggeration. "everyone was running around with blessed valorites and hybrid armor"

-rhythm-

Sorceror
Thats cute, but an exaggeration. "everyone was running around with blessed valorites and hybrid armor"
i agree, it was an exggeration for sure, not everyone was running around with hybrid armour, but a huge guild uda was running around with valorites.

-rhythm-

Sorceror
dont get me wrong, i had nothing against it. i just ran around on my fencer/tamer or macer dexer with a valorite. it was fun im not gunna lie. but it def wasnt fun for mages thats for dam sure. lol

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
i'll take that into consideration next time.

I'm going to ask, and hope the community will just mature a hair, it will really help ;) We've got some of the best players in the world, highly experienced, understand the game better than most shard owners. If we can raise the game here on the forums we can knock this shit out of the park with Krrios and I back :)

-rhythm-

Sorceror
wands make it so you have a CHANCE of being able to fight 3vs5 5vs8 etc. taking that out of the game is just forcing everyone into 2 guilds exactly like our competitors.

if we want the shard to get bettter we actually need core changes, not just this petty wand/hybrid armour shit that gets brought up almost everytime.

i'm not saying i know core changes but my suggestions would be following in the footsteps of out competitors doing what they've done to pulll a population but doing it BETTER.
I'm going to ask, and hope the community will just mature a hair, it will really help ;) We've got some of the best players in the world, highly experienced, understand the game better than most shard owners. If we can raise the game here on the forums we can knock this shit out of the park with Krrios and I back :)

wands make it so you have a CHANCE of being able to fight 3vs5 5vs8 etc. taking that out of the game is just forcing everyone into 2 guilds exactly like our competitors.

if we want the shard to get bettter we actually need core changes, not just this petty wand/hybrid armour shit that gets brought up almost everytime. i could careless about hybrid armour/wands thats literally like a finger click away from being changed. i'd rather see core updates, and worry about the hybrid armour/wand situation later.

i'm not saying i know core changes but my suggestions would be following in the footsteps of out competitors doing what they've done to pull a population but doing it BETTER.

personally i think krrios could pull ALOT of pvp by him self. i know i always enjoyed fighting krrios as well as many others

maybe automated event system you cant vote on what type of event if it reaches x amount of votes u get it?

meta pets new dungeons relics etc make the game fun for new players, we should be targeting new players to the shard threw redit maybe we could all pitch in 5-10 dollars and pay for some real advertisements. i know some players would be happy to pitch in even more.

we should honestly be worrying about the PVP aspect last in my opinion, no new player is gunna join this shard for "pvp" and no old school player is gunna come back and play full time, they've quit for a reason most likely because of real life there grown up now, married have kids etc.

-rhythm-

Sorceror
my bad for the post on top of the quote was trying to edit/read threw and i messed up and theres no edit button in this forum -_-

Can you explain this rationale that you're supposed to be able to win outnumbered fights consistently, and how items(wands) are you're only purposed factor in this, and not skill?

And I haven't played in nearly a year, but the server was already pigeon-holed into 1-2 massive guilds. Why again would the removal of wands break up the ganking nature of today's pvp enthusiasts?

Outkast KBR

Traveler
If you want to have an impact you have to think things out, make sure you are using facts etc... it's how we can take your posts serious.

I'm not trying to be a dick here, but as far as facts go. The word on the street is you introduced these key items.

Where is this black market webpage? Cause I'll throw in money on it to ban Darian from the shard, he's done more damage than all of these dumbass topics.

We have multiple sets of hybrid armor/blessed weapons from tournaments/tamed ancient wyrms running around. Lets give people items so they have absolutely 0 risk to pvp.......

And triple post incoming, but making core changes to the server I don't see feasible. The economy is massively broken, due to 11 year old server, way too many rares/collectibles, and poker, gold selling.

Faction changes really won't mean much until the playerbase is comfortable with pvp changes, and atrophy point systems seems counter intuitive at this point.

PVM wouldn't be half bad with current implementation if the economy wasn't so bust. Crafting skills need an entire rework, starting with BODs, and with 11 years of acruement, the amount of BODs that exist currently is overwhelming.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
I'm not trying to be a dick here, but as far as facts go. The word on the street is you introduced these key items.

Where is this black market webpage? Cause I'll throw in money on it to ban Darian from the shard, he's done more damage than all of these dumbass topics.

We have multiple sets of hybrid armor/blessed weapons from tournaments/tamed ancient wyrms running around. Lets give people items so they have absolutely 0 risk to pvp.......

I did not introduce Hybrid armor in it's current iteration. I coded the original Hybrid Armor and its durability was very high but it was *not* blessed. The point was that it would be long lasting, good armor - not perfect....

And for the record - when someone starts with "I'm not trying to be a dick here..." they are being a dick and they know it :)

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
And triple post incoming, but making core changes to the server I don't see feasible. The economy is massively broken, due to 11 year old server, way too many rares/collectibles, and poker, gold selling.

Faction changes really won't mean much until the playerbase is comfortable with pvp changes, and atrophy point systems seems counter intuitive at this point.

PVM wouldn't be half bad with current implementation if the economy wasn't so bust. Crafting skills need an entire rework, starting with BODs, and with 11 years of acruement, the amount of BODs that exist currently is overwhelming.

If the government of the USA can confiscate gold or items, why cant we? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.