UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Publish 76 - 6/26/2007

HYBRIDBob

Wanderer
Re: Publish 76 - 6/26/2007

Chuck Z;1475318 said:
Heres why the tracking sytem is gay. This is how my first fight went with it. I and four people in vent gate in to the front of tb base. We use the tracking thing and sense three enemies to the north so they must be by the smith. Before we can run up towards there tracking detects 6 people five seconds later 8 five seconds after that 15. Then they all come down to us and we are forced to gate out. You have offically gave factions an easy way to make sure they can zerg there opponents before they ever even see an enemy.

Chuck there is a guy in IRC named MrLuigi who is looking to contact you about joining you. How could he do so?

Lynyrd

Knight

Chuck Z;1475318 said:
Heres why the tracking sytem is gay. This is how my first fight went with it. I and four people in vent gate in to the front of tb base. We use the tracking thing and sense three enemies to the north so they must be by the smith. Before we can run up towards there tracking detects 6 people five seconds later 8 five seconds after that 15. Then they all come down to us and we are forced to gate out. You have offically gave factions an easy way to make sure they can zerg there opponents before they ever even see an enemy.

Welcome to, like, a year ago.

Mark

Knight

It's kind of rediculous to blame tracking on faction zergs in town.

The big groups are always going to roll towns.

Now you have more of a warning... but more importantly, now you can actually find a fight in the middle of nowhere during off hours.

Chuck Z

Wanderer

Bob I would guess he could send me a pm. Im not in a guild at the moment I just run with guys in vent that Ive played with for awhile. Its not my vent either so I cant just let anybody in to chat. Anybody else notice that u cant lure off pets anymore. More of an incentive to use a bola tamer :{

Middle Man

Sorceror

My favorite (predictably) the decrease to stam lose for running.

I will say i dont prefer the AOE changes since that will severely change my life. One of the great factors to a good defense for the orcs was always blues squimishness to cast eq and ms with other blues nearby incase they all turn on each other and I rather enjoyed that.

I liked splash damage for pots but honestly i dont use em too much so its not a big deal to me and in reality the last updates with the increases to archery and now stam lose for running chars I am a happy orcie.

As always we will adapt to what we can and do some testing to see how this works and changes our lives but overall I am sure this will work out the best for the shard.

Good job with the hard work

HYBRIDBob

Wanderer

Chuck Z;1475413 said:
Bob I would guess he could send me a pm. Im not in a guild at the moment I just run with guys in vent that Ive played with for awhile. Its not my vent either so I cant just let anybody in to chat. Anybody else notice that u cant lure off pets anymore. More of an incentive to use a bola tamer :{

More of an incentive to turn my house into a stable and make a peace herder. I can't wait to rage mico.

coldblood

Knight

Mark;1474606 said:
Actually, I completely forgot I put AOE back to how it was.

Blues won't hit blues with indirect damage, like back in the day.

EDIT: Normally I don't forget things like that, but it's been a while since I wrote the patch.

so alchy dexer is the only template now? does that mean if i chase anothe rfactioners and keep throwing exp pots blues won get damage?
lawl
that makes exp pots more than neccessary for ANY fight

creap

Sorceror

Just want to get this straight.

-If I am blue, and I flag grey by attacking another blue, can I throw pots at him (since I am grey and not blue)? Or if he attacks me, and he is grey to me can I throw pots at him?

-Do reds hit other reds with indirect damage?

-so does splash damage affect pets?

K

Kitchen_

Bricriu Caeoimhin;1475322 said:
FACTIONS ALREADY HAD TRACKING

No, the Hero/Evil system had tracking, not everyone was Hero/Evil (reds in CoM/TB couldn't be hero). So now you can track every faction player instead of the ones who wanted to be a Hero so they can hue their stuff.

I played last night and feel the changes are great.......not used to the tracking and how far its actually tracking but its good, espically not turning red due to getting ur pet lured.....

mano157

Sorceror

Ive liked all the changes, but the one about pets isnt good :( its much worse for tamers.

Lynyrd

Knight

Kitchen_;1475741 said:
No, the Hero/Evil system had tracking, not everyone was Hero/Evil (reds in CoM/TB couldn't be hero). So now you can track every faction player instead of the ones who wanted to be a Hero so they can hue their stuff.

Yeah, but most people in factions were hero/evil anyway. There really wasn't any reason not to be.

Cronus3166

Sorceror

Lynyrd;1476547 said:
Yeah, but most people in factions were hero/evil anyway. There really wasn't any reason not to be.

I didn't have my thief, so he couldn't be tracked while running with sigils. I figured being purple was bad enough, I didn't need that on top of it :p

slim212113;1475009 said:
The aoe change is almost like osi bull shit. why would you change it to benefit the trammies. now they can just throw and cast with no penalties. can you say influx of alchys. also if im blue and attack a blue my pots dont do anything to them. also i cant use them on guildies. this needs to be changed

So I guess your main is a red and since your main is a red anyone who has a main as a blue is auto trammie to you? Flawed logic since some people refuse to go red on this erver due to lack luster quality reds dominating the red populaiton.

At any event, I don't do facitons so thos echanges don't bother me at all. I feel that Chaos and Order could be facitons and a lot more. It's sort of redundant to have both IMHO.

All other changes I feel have potential, the stamina on foot is great for pvm and for any bola using pvp. I'll give it all a try and see how it works out.

By the way, the pet thing was great since some loser reds boated a drag and mare of a guildmate and had one of their other chars, a blue WKD member, run up to the boat getting spam killed like a dozen times to make my guildmate red.

How do i know? I ghosted the whole thing on the boat and recorded much of it in Razor RP vid. :p Good job on that, cause boating pets is lame, especially with intent to make tamer red. No I am not a tamer person either...

Lynyrd

Knight

Cronus3166;1476553 said:
I didn't have my thief, so he couldn't be tracked while running with sigils. I figured being purple was bad enough, I didn't need that on top of it :p

that's a good point

LARS2000

Wanderer

I have experienced a problem with this, my pets always go crazy when attacking a creep, they are jumping around the target making it impossible to use veterinary, but this is sometimes fixed by saying all follow me, before saying all kill