UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Publish 76 - 6/26/2007

Lynyrd

Knight
Re: Publish 76 - 6/26/2007

slim212113;1477366 said:
Yea well when someone decides to listen instead of reasorting to petty name calling i would be more then happy to go back to being quiet. But i guess one persons opinon dont mean shit to you. Good way to do things quiet the little people.

Or he could just ban you, since he owns the server.

Bunch of ignorant fools in here.

teddygrams

Wanderer

so am i the only one wondering wtf is up with not being able to target blues with AoE/pots whilst being a criminal?

doesn't quite seem to be fitting the rhyme scheme here....

personally i think guildmates should also be effected by AoE/pots as well, as one cannot be g-whacked for attacking guildies, the only thing this would do is when one is being house ganked 15v1 dream team style, to allow the gankee to leave/ms and possibly kill one of the ones doing such ganking, only seems fair imo

up to you admins of course, just giving some food for thought..

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

teddygrams;1478401 said:
so am i the only one wondering wtf is up with not being able to target blues with AoE/pots whilst being a criminal?

doesn't quite seem to be fitting the rhyme scheme here....

personally i think guildmates should also be effected by AoE/pots as well, as one cannot be g-whacked for attacking guildies, the only thing this would do is when one is being house ganked 15v1 dream team style, to allow the gankee to leave/ms and possibly kill one of the ones doing such ganking, only seems fair imo

up to you admins of course, just giving some food for thought..

Good feedback..

Kind of off topic, but for some reason I was unable to do damage on my red to a friend of mine, who is also red using any AoE spell. I was practicing EQ pot combos and realized he was easily healing through each one of them. Now, I'm not the best alchemist, but I've got that combo down to about a kill 2/3rds of the time. So I threw a pot at him to be sure it was targeting, and it did 0 damage to him. I then tried to EQ him, and that did no damage as well. Could be a bug, or it could be something having to do with me flagging on him while in his house, but the point is that I was on my red, attacking another red, and AoE did nothing to him. It would be nice to have this looked into.

Edit: I did not record an rmv, but I did page about it twice. The first time I received a reply simply saying "AoE effects have changed, refer to the forums." After paging about it again and further clarifying the problem, the counselor seemed baffled, but then said he would look into it. I might try this [AoE thing] again tonight and record an rmv for proof.

HolyRoller

Wanderer

slim212113;1477409 said:
OK so answer me this i am blue and i am fighting at an idoc. the house falls and there is a blue placer there i dont want him to have the house but my pots dont hit. Yes blues still may want to hit another blue. but once again now blues have no consiquence to throwing a pot. there is alway consiquences to every action. now there is none which is why it its trammel like.

The only thing trammel like is you wanting to kill blues but being too pussy to turn red.

Moosebish

Wanderer

Ok, I was gone for a week and just got back to read all the changes, they seem pretty good, but I have one question about the AoE thing... what about BS's/EV's? Will they still track down blues if i'm blue?

Saikron

Wanderer

HolyRoller;1479449 said:
The only thing trammel like is you wanting to kill blues but being too pussy to turn red.

*headshot*

The AoE change is good but it seems kinda gimpy at the moment. Criminals should be able to explo pot blues, and guildmates should be able to explopot eachother, etc etc. Needs some ironing out but I like it.

Daiju

Wanderer

I have to say that now that I understand it... this AOE stuff really blows. What makes old school UO fun is how chaotic it is! I'm not a PK, and I don't really use potions, but the fact that I'm "safe" from people tossing potions at a monster I'm fighting sounds pretty unrealistic.

If something blows up next to me it should hurt me. Otherwise I'd be playing Trammel, right?

You're still the best server, but it makes me sad how hard it is to avoid this kind of coddling of the crybabies.
=(

Mark;1475008 said:
I was the one who decided to originally remove the AOE restrictions a while ago.

There are definate benefits to AOE restrictions being put back in. You won't go red for killing a house hiding group of factioners because they log in a blue character. You won't get guardwhacked because a criminal got off his mount. You won't get counts when you kill a house hiding red at the graveyard. Blues won't be able to get in the way of faction base battles as easily.

There is nothing wrong with relying on skill instead of turning somebody red or getting them guardwhacked.

It's not like we can't tweak certain spells and items individually either...

EDIT: If you liked the way it was before this patch, you can always go red.

BTW, the comment made by HolyRoller "the only thing trammel is you wanting to kill blues without going red..." is moot, you would go red if you killed a blue. You simply must learn how to form an opinion, Holy. Going red is a consequence to killing, be it by an accidental AOE or killing a murdering Red's innocent Blue mount. It's hard to stay Blue when you AOE, unless someone decides to nerf the game just so you can be safe.

IMHO - Safety is Bad, I get ganked and make dumb mistakes all the time. It's entertaining! Why else would people play here?

HolyRoller

Wanderer

Being red isn't a consequence, it's a playstyle just like being a blue is a playstyle. Being a blue means you don't kill other blues, that's how the rules were written right? So by adding the concept of "blues dont kill blues that's how they stay blue" to AOE damage simply upholds the principles of being blue while allowing blues to focus their AOE damage against enemies.

The ability to damage blues with AOE damage still exists. If you want to kill blues it's very simple, YOU KILL BLUES. You'll go red (thus declaring your intent to kill blues) and voila your AOE damage will now damage blues.

Daiju

Wanderer

Normally I don't like to get caught up in disagreements. However, you are incorrect. Being "red" or "blue" is NOT a "playstyle." If I am blue, and irresponsibly throw a potion and damage another blue, I have accidentally commited a criminal action. Thus I turn Grey and can be attacked... if I kill an innocent player in this action, I could go Red. Then I'd have to deal with the Noto's coming after me when I try to get Blue again. For a game to be realistic, these kinds of things would have to happen. If not, Welcome to Trammel.

The concept of it being a "playstyle" to be Blue or Red severely undermines what makes this game unique... it's not "safe" and you don't ALWAYS choose. What you are, be it your skills or your color, is a result of your actions.

In Everquest and most other MMORPG you choose between a PvP server or a Safe server. I hate that, and so I stuck with UO. Then UO *SOLD OUT* and betrayed it's loyal gamers to have a "safe" area: "Trammel" and a "PvP" area: "Felucia" to be like Everquest and try to get more players as well as open up new housing areas without actually having to create a new area.

I quit UO then. Since then I have had a very hard time finding a game I like. I'm not a Red, usually... I just like a "realistic" game. Sometimes that can be hard to explain to Online gamers these days. Things sure were different back in 1997!

No offense intended, Holyroller... but your line of thinking is exactly what killed Ultima Online for people like me. To each thier own.

I really had hoped this server wouldn't do it. It is nice to have ONE PLACE left... I can only hope those making these changes will not go too far. Arguably, instead of this server having "No Trammel" its tilt toward "structured PvP" is taking very close to simply being "Trammel with PvP."

I hope that can be read without people getting offended. I'm not trying to be mean, I just hate to think I found what I've been hoping for since 1999 only to lose it to Nerfing.

HolyRoller;1484640 said:
Being red isn't a consequence, it's a playstyle just like being a blue is a playstyle. Being a blue means you don't kill other blues, that's how the rules were written right? So by adding the concept of "blues dont kill blues that's how they stay blue" to AOE damage simply upholds the principles of being blue while allowing blues to focus their AOE damage against enemies.

The ability to damage blues with AOE damage still exists. If you want to kill blues it's very simple, YOU KILL BLUES. You'll go red (thus declaring your intent to kill blues) and voila your AOE damage will now damage blues.

HolyRoller

Wanderer

Daiju;1485243 said:
Normally I don't like to get caught up in disagreements. However, you are incorrect. Being "red" or "blue" is NOT a "playstyle." If I am blue, and irresponsibly throw a potion and damage another blue, I have accidentally commited a criminal action. Thus I turn Grey and can be attacked... if I kill an innocent player in this action, I could go Red. Then I'd have to deal with the Noto's coming after me when I try to get Blue again. For a game to be realistic, these kinds of things would have to happen. If not, Welcome to Trammel.

The concept of it being a "playstyle" to be Blue or Red severely undermines what makes this game unique... it's not "safe" and you don't ALWAYS choose. What you are, be it your skills or your color, is a result of your actions.

In Everquest and most other MMORPG you choose between a PvP server or a Safe server. I hate that, and so I stuck with UO. Then UO *SOLD OUT* and betrayed it's loyal gamers to have a "safe" area: "Trammel" and a "PvP" area: "Felucia" to be like Everquest and try to get more players as well as open up new housing areas without actually having to create a new area.

I quit UO then. Since then I have had a very hard time finding a game I like. I'm not a Red, usually... I just like a "realistic" game. Sometimes that can be hard to explain to Online gamers these days. Things sure were different back in 1997!

No offense intended, Holyroller... but your line of thinking is exactly what killed Ultima Online for people like me. To each thier own.

I really had hoped this server wouldn't do it. It is nice to have ONE PLACE left... I can only hope those making these changes will not go too far. Arguably, instead of this server having "No Trammel" its tilt toward "structured PvP" is taking very close to simply being "Trammel with PvP."

I hope that can be read without people getting offended. I'm not trying to be mean, I just hate to think I found what I've been hoping for since 1999 only to lose it to Nerfing.

Bzzzt, WRONG!

Being red IS a playstyle just like being blue is a playstyle. I'm red, I kill people, that's what I do. You're blue, you pussy out and cry a lot, that's what you do.

Daiju

Wanderer

HolyRoller;1485452 said:
Bzzzt, WRONG!

Being red IS a playstyle just like being blue is a playstyle. I'm red, I kill people, that's what I do. You're blue, you pussy out and cry a lot, that's what you do.

If you choose to be red as a "playstyle" you're simply choosing to only PK. You are trying to glorify your fear of real PvP and your preference for hunting the weak.

Insults? They demonstrate how small you really are.

You have no idea what I do.