UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Publish 76 - 6/26/2007

HolyRoller

Wanderer
Re: Publish 76 - 6/26/2007

Daiju;1485957 said:
If you choose to be red as a "playstyle" you're simply choosing to only PK. You are trying to glorify your fear of real PvP and your preference for hunting the weak.

Insults? They demonstrate how small you really are.

You have no idea what I do.

Being a PK has nothing to do with attacking the weak. Tell me how fighting multiple people with dragons or guilds trying to farm by yourself is attacking the weak? If anything I'm at the disadvantage in those situations.

Sure I'll kill someone who has no chance of killing me (something your so called real PvPrs also do, it's called ganks and that's actually their preferred method of killing) but that's part of being a PK, you kill EVERYONE.

Your so called real PvPrs have tons and tons of people that they can't attack. I don't suffer that limitation on my PK do I? I can attack anyone and anyone can attack me, that's the beauty of it.

Why don't you express here what you expressed to me in private? Here I'll paraphrase it for you...

"wha wha wha they're gonna nerf it so nobody can kill anybody else wha wha wha."

Idiot.

Arend

Wanderer

Daiju;1485243 said:
Then UO *SOLD OUT* and betrayed it's loyal gamers to have a "safe" area: "Trammel" and a "PvP" area: "Felucia" to be like Everquest and try to get more players as well as open up new housing areas without actually having to create a new area.

I wouldn't call Felucia a "PvP area."

Unfortunately, and UOG is no exception, PvP is considered attacking some innocent out killing monsters while down on their life.

Felucia was simply UO as originally intended. It's a shame they did what they did with the split; unfortunatly, some teenagers couldn't hold keep their sexual frustrations to themselves and had to go out killing miners, craftsmen, and newbies (something seen daily on UOG) and they released Trammel.

Daiju;1485243 said:
I hope that can be read without people getting offended. I'm not trying to be mean, I just hate to think I found what I've been hoping for since 1999 only to lose it to Nerfing.

Well, UOG isn't close to '99 (and late '99 was my favorite period in UO). One major different? Well, there's no statsloss and many of the kids here never played pre-Ren so they are out running around Delucia, Brit GY, etc killing new players killing skeletons and calling it "PvP," it's actually kind of funny when you realize they are serious.

Just the other day I saw some Red killing miners at Minoc and then calling them "pussies" when they ran to town. Most likely this idiot is some underweight teenager on his school summer break trying to get out his sexual frustrations.

HolyRoller;1485452 said:
I'm red, I kill people, that's what I do. You're blue, you pussy out and cry a lot, that's what you do.

This is one of the stupidest remarks I've ever read on this forum, which s saying a lot. Most Reds, as they were pre-ren, were people who couldn't PvP so they preyed on the weak and non-PvPers.

I love how you actually equate being a blue to being a "pussy." Did you even play pre-ren? Chances you didn't, chances are you're some pre-teen social outcast who loves to call others "pussies" while he sits around talking like an online badass as he spends his days at school alone in the lunch room with the occasional bully throwing food at him.

Lol, pussy for being blue. I love it. Sorry, I was blue pre-ren and guess what? I was a PvPer. I was in Order/Chaos and numerous guild wars, we actually fought people who could fight back.

Most likely you "PvP" new players taming bulls outside of Delucia. Who is the real "pussy"?

HolyRoller;1485992 said:
Sure I'll kill someone who has no chance of killing me (something your so called real PvPrs also do, it's called ganks and that's actually their preferred method of killing) but that's part of being a PK, you kill EVERYONE.

Nearly all the Reds I've fought on this server run as fast as hell (which is a real bitch with fast connections and high-speed computers today which wasn't in '99 when most had 200-300mhz machines) when the odds become even, or even before so (ie: when more than one player who is capable of defending themselves shows up).

Daiju

Wanderer

Arend;1487713 said:
I wouldn't call Felucia a "PvP area."

Unfortunately, and UOG is no exception, PvP is considered attacking some innocent out killing monsters while down on their life.

Good feedback. Another thing that made it fun back then was the "Noto" that'd run around hunting these Reds. I think one thing lost on MMORPG these days is it takes villians to make heroes.

Be Well.

Juzzo

Sorceror

I was hoping theyed see the err of there ways with the Area-of-effect change by now.

Daiju

Wanderer

I don't care about PvP vs PK... I just worry about this server going DISNEY.

Daiju;1485243 said:
If I am blue, and irresponsibly throw a potion and damage another blue, I have accidentally commited a criminal action. Thus I turn Grey and can be attacked... if I kill an innocent player in this action, I could go Red. Then I'd have to deal with the Noto's coming after me when I try to get Blue again. For a game to be realistic, these kinds of things would have to happen. If not, Welcome to Trammel.

In Everquest and most other MMORPG you choose between a PvP server or a Safe server. I hate that, and so I stuck with UO. Then UO *SOLD OUT* and betrayed it's loyal gamers to have a "safe" area: "Trammel" and a "PvP" area: "Felucia" to be like Everquest and try to get more players as well as open up new housing areas without actually having to create a new area.

I quit UO then. Since then I have had a very hard time finding a game I like. I'm not a Red, usually... I just like a "realistic" game. Sometimes that can be hard to explain to Online gamers these days. Things sure were different back in 1997!

I really had hoped this server wouldn't do it. It is nice to have ONE PLACE left... I can only hope those making these changes will not go too far. Arguably, instead of this server having "No Trammel" its tilt toward "structured PvP" is taking very close to simply being "Trammel with PvP."

I hope that can be read without people getting offended. I'm not trying to be mean, I just hate to think I found what I've been hoping for since 1999 only to lose it to Nerfing.

Juzzo

Sorceror

Amen Daiju!

Now when are they gonna fix the area of effect thingy?

There not really gonna keep it are they?

What was the reasoning for implementing it?

If it was really something for factions, shouldent it just effect factions?

Daiju

Wanderer

They are obsessed with trying to keep people from "griefing."

A PK can jump off thier mount and it's blue and a blue player's purple potion AoE hits it... these kind of reasons. That's why online games out there keep getting cheesier. They want to make everyone safe and happy.

Consider this. If I killed a a real life murder's horse... or even thier freaking pet cat, it'd be a criminal action. In this game all you do is go Grey and lose Karma, but some people cry over things like this. *sighs*

One day they'll make an MMORPG where they don't coddle players. Meanwhile I guess I'll settle for the game that allows you to PK and have Stealing Skill, but is overly concerned with making new rules to stop accidents and tricks they deem to be "griefing."

What choice do I have, right? It's not like any other MMORPG out there is any less PG-13.

Mara

Knight

Not sure if I understand the change fully yet, since I dont have a factioneer, but it sounds like this gives factioneers a much greater advantage against non-factioneers with the tracking changes. Maybe I misunderstood of course, and I understand the drive toward big battles. However stealth has been a tough skill to use effectively on this shard in the past.

If the idea is that since a certain Faction controls a certain town, they are privy to a lot more information about their surrounding area...shouldnt their tracking ability be limited to the areas they control and a small area surrounding. IE why would the town sheriff in Britian know a damn thing about someones movements in a far off dungeon? Complicated programming required, I'm sure. Just seems like a lot of advantages for people in factions, but maybe that is realistic regardless.

Arend

Wanderer

Daiju;1497658 said:
One day they'll make an MMORPG where they don't coddle players. Meanwhile I guess I'll settle for the game that allows you to PK and have Stealing Skill, but is overly concerned with making new rules to stop accidents and tricks they deem to be "griefing."

UO cira Summer '99 was my favorite period. There were penalties for being Red but it was still a profitable profession and there was danger in the game; but it wasn't rampant pking to the point you couldn't step out of town.

nuggers

Wanderer

Ryan;1474439 said:
[*]Area of effect spells reverted to previous behavior.
Does this include explosion potions that only target your enemies now? how lame, way to tramelize exp pots.