UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Publish 76 - 6/26/2007

WaRgAzM

Knight
Re: Publish 76 - 6/26/2007

Mark;1474606 said:
Actually, I completely forgot I put AOE back to how it was.

Blues won't hit blues with indirect damage, like back in the day.

EDIT: Normally I don't forget things like that, but it's been a while since I wrote the patch.

WKD wins again.. Thanks for the pots atleast.
This is gonna be sweet.

MarcusO

Sorceror

Mark;1474606 said:
Actually, I completely forgot I put AOE back to how it was.

Blues won't hit blues with indirect damage, like back in the day.

EDIT: Normally I don't forget things like that, but it's been a while since I wrote the patch.

Completely and utterly awesome. It's the first time in a long time something has been done to balance Red vs Blue.

Yosolis

Wanderer

im still not sure if there was a clear answer on evil/hero hued items, are they gonna be rares now like on seige perilous when they got wiped there

Cronus3166

Sorceror

Ryan;1474439 said:
[*]Area of effect spells reverted to previous behavior.

What was the old style? I have no idea what it was.

Also, I'm sad to not see Ancient SoS's :( But new stuff is cool non the less!

I do like the reduced Stam!

ahhh its ok pub

i was expecting more sense they made it out to be a long down time and all that

maybe u all didnt add everything u thought u were going to?

TigerManAoD

Sorceror

Sounds pretty stupid to me. Faction Tracking/Hero Bless gave me a reason to fight harder/try to accumulate kills.

The Brag appeal that this generates is pretty gay

PS Potting is gay, and I enjoyed how splash damage limited how popular of a pvp tool that it was.

Its like 1997 UO, Run while shooting your bow. Make me a 1hitter kthx?

Azareil

Sorceror

I like the AOE thing except for one portion...
It shouldn't work on animals. What gives them special privilages?

EDIT: Lemme guess... One of you was on your alchy and got guard whacked when someone hopped off their horse? I bet that's it.

slim212113

Sorceror

its sad that now i cant hit a blue with a pot if thats what i intend the pot to do. now we are going to have an influx of newb pot throwers. gj thanks for fixing what wasnt broken.

Mark

Knight

slim212113;1474971 said:
its sad that now i cant hit a blue with a pot if thats what i intend the pot to do. now we are going to have an influx of newb pot throwers. gj thanks for fixing what wasnt broken.

Blame each other, it wasn't my idea to put it back how it was.

Mark

Knight

TigerManAoD;1474963 said:
Sounds pretty stupid to me. Faction Tracking/Hero Bless gave me a reason to fight harder/try to accumulate kills.

The Brag appeal that this generates is pretty gay

PS Potting is gay, and I enjoyed how splash damage limited how popular of a pvp tool that it was.

Its like 1997 UO, Run while shooting your bow. Make me a 1hitter kthx?

Enhanced tracking is available to everyone in factions now, not just those who are Hero/Evil. The range is based upon rank (kill points).

Hero bless was rediculous, don't complain.

r33n

Knight

TigerManAoD;1474963 said:

You still have the ability to track, as well as other added benefits, you just need to get towns instead of kill points, which is what factions are all about.

Mark

Knight

r33n;1474994 said:
You still have the ability to track, as well as other added benefits, you just need to get towns instead of kill points, which is what factions are all about.

I'm considering giving people in factions with the actual tracking skill as well an added bonus, but I haven't decided what yet.

Sigil tracking? Faction guard/vendor tracking? Lots of options that I haven't decided on yet.

TigerManAoD

Sorceror

Before Epidemic got big, how do you think they survived against the onslaught that was the SL zerg?
it was a good balancing tool

Mark

Knight

I was the one who decided to originally remove the AOE restrictions a while ago.

I don't like 'selective damage' in general, but if I thought that this was a bad change I never would have allowed it to be made.

There are definate benefits to AOE restrictions being put back in. You won't go red for killing a house hiding group of factioners because they log in a blue character. You won't get guardwhacked because a criminal got off his mount. You won't get counts when you kill a house hiding red at the graveyard. Blues won't be able to get in the way of faction base battles as easily.

There is nothing wrong with relying on skill instead of turning somebody red or getting them guardwhacked.

It's not like we can't tweak certain spells and items individually either...

EDIT: If you liked the way it was before this patch, you can always go red.

slim212113

Sorceror

The aoe change is almost like osi bull shit. why would you change it to benefit the trammies. now they can just throw and cast with no penalties. can you say influx of alchys. also if im blue and attack a blue my pots dont do anything to them. also i cant use them on guildies. this needs to be changed