UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Publish 71 - 12/7/2006

KarmannSport

Sorceror
Re: Publish 71 - 12/7/2006

This is how housing worked originally on OSI servers. All the crap had to be out of the way in order to place. I did a lot of thinking on this and this was the only way I came up with to solve some of the problem. Delays are pointless as long as scripts are looped. I think tis will make a HUGE differance. And I have been at MANY IDOC's. At least 90% have been scripted. I would go as far to say that it was a lot WORSE than most people thought it was. (this is for houses bigger than say 9x9...I didnt IDOC any small houses)

You're probably banned/firewalled. Not being funny either, that's usually the problem if you can't get passed verifying. :/

Elf

Sorceror

Moosebish said:
I don't see how this will stop auto placers... as long as they leave the script running it will plop a house down as soon as all the loot is picked up...

All I see happening is there will never be another big house placed... only smaller ones in it's place and it allows you to block auto placers...

I just fear that after this publish the GM's won't attempt to do anything about auto placers since the problem is "solved"...

It won't totally stop it, but it will sure make it a HELL of a lot harder to autoplace a house when there are a hundred people dropping stuff all over while a hundred OTHER people walk around revealing. And that's IF there aren't 600 other people fighting there.

Great change!:)

JamesD

Wanderer

Testament said:
You're probably banned/firewalled. Not being funny either, that's usually the problem if you can't get passed verifying. :/

Hey, testament, did you patch? I doubt it, because most people who did patch, including some of the shard's oldest players cannot get on. We aren't banned, we simply did the right thing and patched, even when the patch wasn't secure apparently.

Mark

Knight

The latest OSI client breaks encryption. I'd recommend not updating your client until Zippy can get a fixed Razor out to the community.

void

Wanderer

Testament said:
well i was loged in the account befor they reset and i havent done anthing wrong cus i havent benn on befor that for like a week

JamesD88 said:
Hey, testament, did you patch? I doubt it, because most people who did patch, including some of the shard's oldest players cannot get on. We aren't banned, we simply did the right thing and patched, even when the patch wasn't secure apparently.

I'm really new on this server so I hope this is not a stupid question. But how would you patch for the UO Hybrid server? Try to login to EA and patch or what?

FirearmMalduc said:
I'm really new on this server so I hope this is not a stupid question. But how would you patch for the UO Hybrid server? Try to login to EA and patch or what?

yup u got it. login to ea (but like mark said don't do it for the latest patch because of some encryption issue).

Patching for EA was the problem.

-I renamed my patched install folder
-reinstalled UOML
-copied the client.exe to the patched backup
-deleted the clean install
-renamed my patched direcory back.

I'm logged in now.

void

Wanderer

FirearmMalduc said:
just open up the uo folder the way you do when you put the cd in

Sure do make the night boring time for some cs dont reinstall i was bored so i reinstalled and down loaded razor and tryed it dont work. Like Mark said wait for a new razor to be released.!!!

Can staff please post a fixed razor when its released.Thanks for you all staffs on going support to making the shard better problems do happen when you got a mass player base like Hybrid.

i been playing hybrid three years plus now so be patient there will be a fix to the problem the staff allways fixs every thing that needs to be fixed.

Thanks alot again to the staff for the new changes even if it caused a problem it will make a difference in house placing in the long run and more fun for idoc hunting.

Mark

Knight

There is a minor change, vendor default price will be 9,999,999 as a happy 'medium'.

JamesD

Wanderer

Hey, why are all these houses falling when a large portion of the UOG community cannot access the shard? This is kind of urking me... Especially considering that I donated to the shard right as I was downloading the patch. This irks me, that I might be getting messed over by you guys right after I support you guys with my own money. Does this seem like a bad picture to anyone else? I don't know, but if other people are making millions of gold while I am forced to sit by idly and do nothing because I was one of the first players to patch and donated at the same instance, then I feel a bit like I got the bad end of the deal. Sorry for being responsible and good to the shard. I hope this stuff is all reverted, because this is ridiculous. This is real money for those of the people that care enough about the shard to donate to it. This is time that people who respect the shard and are loyal to the shard that they are losing and possibly being shafted in the same moment. Any comments by the staff? I realize nothing can be done for those of us who updated, but that is not the problem, it is the fact of what is going on whilst we are not getting to play. I am extremely grateful to what you guys are doing here, but I will just be extremely upset if I am losing out on lots of valuable items because I was responsible and patched (and donated) after the announcement came that it was out. I will be very appreciative and very happy when the fix for this comes out!

Thank you very much for all you guys are doing! And lets work to get this crap that EA fed us out of here!

You are all awesome, and it is not your fault that myself and numerous other respected players cannot get on.

Thank you,

James