UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Publish 71 - 12/7/2006

Re: Publish 71 - 12/7/2006

This will be fun to see how IDOC's pan out. Most the BS HoT and other cheat placers aren't very good at defending loot if they missed the placement. So, the move the loot first dealie will have mad Gank squads cleaning house.

Lex Talionis

Wanderer

Feris said:
Show me your shard and a better fix, then I'll come play there.

Feris, Yes there are many more issues that do need to be looked into,addressed and fixed. However change has to begin somewhere and you cannot change everything over night.It would be far too time consuming and some of these people also work irl and attend College.

Try givng the Admin props on what they have done and keep encouraging them to do more.

Believe me I do not fall for the same of garbage of they run the server for free you should be mindlessly grateful.

They do it because they love it or they would not do it.I volunteer all the time..I do it because I love it no other reason or why do it for free..however please try to rememeber some have girlfriends, spouses,kids, work and or College and they do have to find a balance.

Any positive changes , and these are positive should be welcomed and acknowledged.

So I do thank the Admins and developers for the hard work.

Thank you, keep up the good work.

Kakarott

Wanderer

hoglegs said:
I think the vendor's new default price may cause some problems here and there, but I absolutely love the new house placement rules!

Yeah, when calculating how much the vendor will charge.

Is it not possible to default to 'not for sale' if no price is input? That's what OSI used to do, if memory serves.

While this is a step to combat the scripting of houses, its still easily done, just in a different form. All the people do now is script small plaster houses in certain spots, and when the house falls, just clear that particular spot.

While I haven't dabbled in UO code, couldn't there be some kind of function where it disconnects you or stops your character from opening a placement tool, pending on how many placement attempts you tried within the last seconds?

i.e. create two "counter" variables, where one is the number of placements you have attempted consecutively, and one where it records the amount of time inbetween the last placement. Then, do something to the extent of:

if (timecounter < .1)
if (placementcounter > 10)
blah.
else
placementcounter++;
else
placementcounter = 0;

joey2ultima

Sorceror

Yes I agree. Let's take scripting out of idocs. People are scripting 7x7 plots off larger plots very often.