UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

PlayUO Update

I Cheat

Wanderer
Re: PlayUO Update

kdivers;1571580 said:
i highly doubt that UOGamers woudl support it. chances are you would instantly be disconnected as soon as you logged on...
Only if they can detect it. ;)

assuming they only accept the osi client, in which case any client without the same signature would be disconnected immediately.

EDIT: and since uogamers never releases its server code, i highly doubt someone can make a client with the same signature as the osi client if they don't know what to look for.

Identity;1571924 said:
assuming they only accept the osi client, in which case any client without the same signature would be disconnected immediately.

EDIT: and since uogamers never releases its server code, i highly doubt someone can make a client with the same signature as the osi client if they don't know what to look for.

Pft, that is easy. Packet sniffer and watch the way it communicates. Plus they mostly use the RunUO code which is open source.

Lynyrd

Knight

I definitely wouldn't assume the code used for UOG is similar to the code in the current RunUO release.

Lynyrd;1571977 said:
I definitely wouldn't assume the code used for UOG is similar to the code in the current RunUO release.

I am not saying exactly like it, just the majority of it probably is. Also that is why I used the word mostly and did't specify which parts :p

im talking about how they identify the client, there could be various ways to do it i'm sure. thats why it might take awhile to get the client to *look* like its the osi client

I Cheat

Wanderer

Identity;1571924 said:
the osi client, and no client that i know of have signatures they send to the server, only a version. its easy to make a client which sends the latest osi client version as its version, what is harder (but not that hard) is to have that client send packets that are just like the packets an osi client would send, which is why PlayUO can be detected.

All in all, its pretty easy to mimic an osi client.

I Cheat;1572164 said:
the osi client, and no client that i know of have signatures they send to the server, only a version. its easy to make a client which sends the latest osi client version as its version, what is harder (but not that hard) is to have that client send packets that are just like the packets an osi client would send, which is why PlayUO can be detected.

as probably not stated before, i was just guessing :).

I Cheat;1572164 said:

That is completely true. I can confirm that they do not just use the version number to detect whether or not you use the PlayUO client. Although the way that the Osi client sends and receives the packets is well documented.

AKand1911;1572536 said:
That is completely true. I can confirm that they do not just use the version number to detect whether or not you use the PlayUO client. Although the way that the Osi client sends and receives the packets is well documented.

:eek:rly: where might that be?

Van Dam

Sorceror

Of course all the people who want playuo are going to say no it doesnt help your stupid this and that but the facts are we had it ALOT of people abused it
things like run dropping should not be implemented =/ if there are complaints razor should be tweaked not a new playuo

Lynyrd

Knight

Do you know how many people abuse Razor? Do you have the slightest idea of what Razor is capable?