UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

PlayUO Update

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
PlayUO Update

I just wanted to make all of you aware that the PlayUO client (formerly Krrios Client) has entered a beta stage. We will be testing it (via Sallos - www.sallos.net to check out Sallos) over the next few weeks and look forward to a public test soon.

I know some of you have expressed your concerns over Sallos in the past but I assure you that all of your concerns will be addressed. Sallos becoming a gateway for connecting to the UO Gamers Shards means it will be governed by a RunUO rule set and dealt with as such.

In the mean time we will be working on the creation of a combined rule list for everything.

The new PlayUO will not allow plugins or cheating :)

We have not forgotten this... :)

Thanks,
Ryan

Ophidian

Sorceror
Re: PlayUO Update

Im still skeptical. The features of the previous client made me sick and allowed rampant cheating. Now this is still "remembered" but I am sure that there will be features of PlayUO that will give it unbalance. Right now the fact that everyone is SUPPOSED to be playing on the same or similar client with Razor is comforting to me.

Whats not comforting is GMs playing with mares that sound like Terrathans and abusing the system because they are bored on a Friday night. Even when the Nightmares die, they never seem to lose stats. They must get macro'd back to GM as fast as it takes to restock regs/potions.

Remember the cheating of Krrios client and apply some more strict guidelines if you want to allow GMs to play happy with everyone else. Cheating is Cheating. You only prosecuted the Krrios client because players used it. Im sure if only GMs used it there would have been zero problem.

This is not a stab at the staff, this is just pointing out their shortcommings in faith that they will fix it.

Ophidian

Suil Ban;1414918 said:
the plugin class, as i understand, is being taken out of the new client, and a check is being added to sallos to catch modifications (don't quote me on this) to keep player-made cheats down

:terron:

sounds good

(btw i quoted you on that)

Ophidian

Sorceror

Suil Ban;1414918 said:
the gms with mares that sound like terathans have nothing to do with kuoc

Suil Ban, normally I would viciously attack you for not seeing that this is truth. Your first language isn't English and I respect that. What I am saying is that they need to address cheating as a whole. I know that they have removed features such as plugins. There will still be plenty of features that go beyond the normal UO Client in the new PlayUO client.

Having mares that stay 7x and suddenly teleport away when they get more than a screen from the user because of infinate pet summoning balls is cheating.

What must be understood is cheating is cheating reguardless of who you are. Some players act like its a god given right for GMs to cheat because they are GMs. Someone once told me "They work so hard with this shard, who cares if they cheat". The Truth? Players care.

Still waiting in faith.
Ophidian

Ophidian;1414940 said:
Suil Ban, normally I would viciously attack you for not seeing that this is truth. Your first language isn't English and I respect that

lol qft lol