UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

PlayUO Update

Re: PlayUO Update

AKand1911;1560033 said:
I'll call BS on the impossible part. It actually decompiles rather nicely since it was written mainly with C#. While more time consuming and complicated it is still possible to write a plug in or modify the code (although technically it wouldn't be the EXACT same code after it was decompiled). Even if it wasn't written with C# you can still always just use a disassember and go the assembly route.

assembly is a nightmare ;/

Steve Zissou

Sorceror

Identity;1560719 said:

and you have to go through allllllllllllllllllllllll of that if you even can you so you plug in a script that you had to make, and then get banned immediatly for using it. there will be no cheating on kuoc lol

Identity;1560719 said:

It isn't all that bad, but again since it was written in .NET you don't even have to use it if you do not want to. Just decompile to C# and rewrite what the decompiler didn't understand.

Steve Zissou said:
and you have to go through allllllllllllllllllllllll of that if you even can you so you plug in a script that you had to make, and then get banned immediatly for using it. there will be no cheating on kuoc lol

Depends on how you cheat. Someone will always cheat. Hell, people cheat with the OSI client.

Winged

Wanderer

Krrios' Client shows guard lines, accurate to the tile. The boundaries are shown ingame and on the radar map as green lines. In addition to the plain benefit of seeing guardlines, the client will exclude innocent (blue) players under guard protection when using various auto-target features. Further, red characters are physically blocked from entering guard protection unless explicitly allowed (by holding Ctrl+Shift).

This is cheating at it's highest unless they make it blue characters are phisically unable to exist guarded zones unless ctrl+shift. Then it would be unexiting, but fair.

Megumi

Wanderer

Winged;1561068 said:
Krrios' Client shows guard lines, accurate to the tile. The boundaries are shown ingame and on the radar map as green lines. In addition to the plain benefit of seeing guardlines, the client will exclude innocent (blue) players under guard protection when using various auto-target features. Further, red characters are physically blocked from entering guard protection unless explicitly allowed (by holding Ctrl+Shift).

This is cheating at it's highest unless they make it blue characters are phisically unable to exist guarded zones unless ctrl+shift. Then it would be unexiting, but fair.

:confused:

I Cheat

Wanderer

Krrios' Client shows guard lines, accurate to the tile. - They are predefined in a file and might not be the same for every server.

In addition to the plain benefit of seeing guardlines - What benefits? I think most people who will use PlayUO already know where all the guard lines are without the need of green lines.

the client will exclude innocent (blue) players under guard protection when using various auto-target features. - "Auto-Target" features are great if you want to go around casting spells on random people.

Further, red characters are physically blocked from entering guard protection unless explicitly allowed (by holding Ctrl+Shift) - And?

This is cheating at it's highest - I don't think you know what your talking about if you think the guard lines features is cheating at its highest. This guard lines feature isn't even on radar.

unless they make it blue characters are phisically unable to exist guarded zones unless ctrl+shift. Then it would be unexiting, but fair. - You should move to Mexico and work for their government.

kdivers

Knight

i dont see the big deal with the guard line stuff... its not like it will impare your PVPing.. unless a bright green line sneaks up on you, heh.

i think the cloesest thign to cheating is teh view %health on players with razor. seeing as 99.9% of players have 100 str, you know their exact health. im not complaining, im just making a point for people to cry about.

Dark MaGe

Wanderer

Steve Zissou;1559751 said:
and my sources are people i know very well who are using it right now.

Same here, and i wont name any of them cause i know who all of them are but, yeah.

Winged

Wanderer

So am i the only one who thinks most of it's features are intended to red/pk players? How about a feature who would make a blue innocent miner NOT cross out of guard lines when he's mining in minoc for instance?

Lynyrd

Knight

Are you seriously that whiny? This was for the days when reds got instawhacked if they went in town.

Steve Zissou

Sorceror

Winged;1561773 said:
So am i the only one who thinks most of it's features are intended to red/pk players? How about a feature who would make a blue innocent miner NOT cross out of guard lines when he's mining in minoc for instance?

it is a client used mainly for pvp not mining...the guard lines appear for the blues too and if they want to talk over into the non guard area thats their fualt its not like its any less visable for blues and Razor has these lines built into their map.

Tribal

Lord

it is out its in private beta testing

which doesnt mean its out yet but i beleive u can apply to use it

kalo

Wanderer

I'd really like to see some screenshots or some form of progress report, just to see how far this client has come. Would be wicked.

Anyway, till then i'll just keep holding out for the holy grail of UO to be released. ;)

-k

awbs

Knight

I'd love to see an some moving action. Screenshots will suffice. I jsut want to see where its currently at.

Ive been fiending for this ever since I heard it will be supported on Hybrid. I guess im just bored with the ML Client.

kalo

Wanderer

I remember the only reason i was able to play on here when i signed up to hybrid was because of Krrios' client (PlayUO).
It cut down lag so much i was actually competitive, I could actually run and people didn't beleive i was on dialup from Australia :)

Somehow, somewhere, someone sign me up for beta. I'm hanging for it, like a pixel junkie.

-k

outspoken

Wanderer

never played the original, but the screenshots for this new one look pretty sweet. especially the hi-res part. thankfully things sound like they are getting a bit closer, if the motivation keeps on at this rate we'll probably see it in summer of 2008 (judging from the start of this thread to the current progress). but with some inspiration it could be finished this year (just going on programming experience, i know nothing of the current status).

kalo

Wanderer

What screen shots of the new one, are you talking about the shots on runuo.com forums?