UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

How to Train a Pet.

Biao

Sorceror
Re: How to Train a Pet.

go to razor...choose macros-> new -> record
then just click on the door, after this add a wait of x time

at moment i have like this:

Double click(metal door(067D))
Pause 23,00sec
Double click(metal door(067D))
Pause 80,00sec (this to make sure pets don´t die when i´m afk :D)

Reaves

Wanderer

the setup with the door seems a bit overcomplicated.

Here is my setup - I have not died from my mares since I started using it.

Notice the tamer is back 1 tile. From there I can still feed the mares but they cannot melee attack me. The mares should never attack your vet. If they do your macro is jacked. I might catch a fireball from time to time but that's fine. Use redundancy on your "all stop all stay" commands. I say it 4 or 5 times, hide for 10 seconds, then say it another 4-5, and hide again.

Easy and effective.

Wait, why am I tell you this? Go buy my mares!!!

Attachments

• mare-setup.JPG
    mare-setup.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 1,029

Paracelsus

Sorceror

For the door setup, I usually use 1 tamer (with vet) only. He need not be the pet owner. Once the pet start hunting each other, the owner can logoff.

I usually use the door twice in each cycle. One for opening it and one for closing it. Between the door opening and closing, use pause for a few seconds. 20s if mare can cast only low circle magic and 10s if it can cast eb.

After the door closing, pause a while for its mana regeneration. That is!

For Reaves setup, my mares never died too IF MY CLIENT DOES NOT CRASH. However, CRASH is part of my life...

Paracelsus

Sorceror

Amendment:
I usually use 1 mare and 1 WW.
To train the mare resist, mare (guarding) and WW (casting). My vet tamer heals the mare.
To train the mare magery, mare (casting) and WW (guarding). My vet tamer heals the WW.

The beauty here is:
The WW can self-heal itself from the mare fire-breath without die (99.9%).
The WW cannot fire breath the mare while the mare is casting. So, mare do not vet.
The only assumption here is your house big enough and immune from the external attack. Otherwise, vet another pet as well.

Of course, you can use 2 mares. But I think you may need 2 vet tamers. :)

sirrayiv

Sorceror

leftclick;1889938 said:
As soon as I say All kill and target one pet, they both turn on me. How can I stop this from happening. They're fully fed.

I've tried with them green to me and blue to me.

Any help?

Simple Answer is, Tell your pet to Guard you before you say All kill, and it wont attack you

NC-17

Sorceror

Could u lets say skip the whole resist part?
and would that make a mare go faster?
Maby have 2 mares casting on a golem?
2 vets on the golem?

wondering how much time this would take off
resist is kinda pointless for pvp mares
if u die ur mares dies or gets traped
resist or no resist this happends heh!

Paracelsus

Sorceror

You will know the importance of resist when the spell from mare being reflected by the scribe mage.
Anyway, it is your pvp. You can choose whatever skill that is important for you.

Jazerac

Wanderer

How do you add a macro to feed your pet? I tried simply recording dragging the food to each pet but it says not in range or something to that effect when played. I am in range to feed them though. Any suggestions?

SHH ITS NOT ME

Sorceror

i dunno all i know is if you really want to see them gain in magery and eval dont bond them make sure you were the one who trained them and then put it in a stall with a tall wall have a healer standing behind it close enough to heal you but out of sight from mare and then release it i have seen magery gains as much as 5 full points in 20 mins and gmed magery in three hours with out killing it all teh way down of course with dragons you need two healers lmao i dont really sell mine just for hunting and such but i gmed both my 825 dragons in three days they only lose stats when you first tame them after you release you tame first shot everytime and they never lose what they have gained

bumpylumpy

Wanderer

Being a newbie, it didn't really occur to me that your pets can get hungry much like player characters. Adding pet feeding into your macro is very important imo, for me it was the diff between 0-0.1 magery an hour (around 80 magery on pet) and ~1.0 magery an hour lol.

Quizalotte'

Sorceror

leftclick;1889938 said:
As soon as I say All kill and target one pet, they both turn on me. How can I stop this from happening. They're fully fed.

I've tried with them green to me and blue to me.

Any help?

I often use a vet char to heal my pets instead of using the pet owner, as the pets wont turn on the vet healer.

fatchildren

Wanderer

Im trying to train my first mare as well. I have a dragon (normal skills - just tamed). Should i use it to keep casting stuff on my mare, so my mare will purely gain resist first? Or should i get two mares or a dragon at 0 skill and them to both cast stuff on each other

Reaves

Wanderer

fatchildren;2045172 said:
Im trying to train my first mare as well. I have a dragon (normal skills - just tamed). Should i use it to keep casting stuff on my mare, so my mare will purely gain resist first? Or should i get two mares or a dragon at 0 skill and them to both cast stuff on each other

having two mares or a dragon/mare combo at -- -- will increase your gains on both pets from the start and make it so the magery / resist go up at roughly the same time so they wont destroy one another in the process.

Reaves;2045239 said:
having two mares or a dragon/mare combo at -- -- will increase your gains on both pets from the start and make it so the magery / resist go up at roughly the same time so they wont destroy one another in the process.

i rather have mare on mare action myself. its much sexier! :]

pringalscan

Wanderer

If anyone needs help mare training, PM me. I have methods that don't require a long macro and pets happiness will not go down quickly.

Feedings real important i made the mistake of afk macroing with a mare i hadnt tamed it went wild and i couldnt retame it gms told me only the original tamer could retame so thats something to remember

Biaxident

Wanderer

Heres how I did it:

Initial Setup:

2 Characters (One GM Vet/Lore and the pet owner)
A house set up with a "figure 8" like table configuration (so the pets don't melee) - See Pics
A secured box with lots of band aids and food

I do not proclaim to be good at macro writing, but these worked for me. They ran overnight for a few nights and I had no pet deaths. The times are not optimized and are very generous with the lengths because world saves can mess up the macros if they happen when you're supposed to be healing the pets and letting them medi.

Macro 1 - The Pet Owner

You are going to need to set up an organizer agent (2 and 3) for each pet. This is to feed them, if you do not feed the pet they will become wild and untame and most likely die. You are also going to need to set a restock agent up to pull meat of a box. This macro will feed each pet 3 pieces after the macro runs 10 times.

When I trained my pets, I set up the restock agent to pull 3 raw ribs out of a box.

The organizer agents should be set up for the raw ribs to drop on top of your pets (set pet1 as the hotbag for organizer 2 and pet2 as the hotbag for organizer agent 3)

You will need to change the macro to fit your pet names (unless you rename your pets Opeth and Petrucci)

Code:
!Loop
Assistant.Macros.ForAction|10
Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|52|3|ENU|2|17|93|Opeth kill
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|1|525029|780|1993|7|116
Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|52|3|ENU|2|17|93|Petrucci kill
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|1|933138|780|1995|7|59
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:02:30
Assistant.Macros.ForAction|8
Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|52|3|ENU|4|33|97|22|112|all stop
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.0500000
Assistant.Macros.EndForAction
Assistant.Macros.ForAction|8
Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|52|3|ENU|5|48|7|22|177|153|all guard me
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:02:00
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Organizer Agent-2
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Restock Agent-1
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|1|0|0|783|1995|7|1374
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01.5000000
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Organizer Agent-3
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Restock Agent-1
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|1|0|0|783|1995|7|1374
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01.5000000

Macro 2 - The Vet
The purpose of the second character is so the pet owner does not die. If the pet owner stands next to the pets while they are attacking each other, the owner will get wacked and die. I used the following macro to train a dragon and a mare. It's inefficient and I should have used a loop but I was lazy and it was 2am and I just wanted to get this working so I could get to sleep.

The way I used this macro is that it healed the mare 3 times and the dragon once. I found out any less than this, the mare would be very close to death (or dead) while the dragon had almost full health. This kept both pets pretty close to topped off (at least when I watched it). If you are training two mares, you could probably set this macro to a 1:1 heal ratio as opposed to the 3:1.

You could also do this with 2 vets, one for each animal. This is probably the safest way to do it, I managed to do it with only one vet so you can too.

You are going to have to change the absolute targets to your pets.
You are also going to have to set a restock agent 2 to pull band aids out of a box. I had the restock agent pull 25 band aids out at a time.

Code:
!Loop
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Restock Agent-2
Assistant.Macros.ForAction|2
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3617|True
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|2|447364|780|1993|7|179
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:05
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:05.5000000
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|2|933138|780|1995|7|59

Supplies -

The secure box in your house should be stocked with at least 7k band aids if you are going to be letting it run overnight and then some. These are cheap and if you shop around you can get like 8k band aids for ~10k.

For food, I went to the Trinsic bull spawn (NE of the Trinsic stables) I used my mare to slaughter the bulls and I cut them for their meat. I spent about 10 minutes here and got ~300 meat which will last a day or two of macroing.

Table Setup -
The screenshots are crappy, but you can get the idea of how to set up the tables (this method was mentioned earlier in this thread I believe). The tables prevent the pets from hitting each other with melee attacks (you want to gain mage and resist first).

For melee skills, you can remove the table in the middle of the pets so they spar with each other. Personally, I just take the pets out and hunt - it's a lot more fun than watching a macro go and you get the awesome benefit of making a lot of money!

*Make sure all the tables are locked down!

I put the vet (the naked guy) next to both pets so he could heal both of them and both pets were boxed in so they could not move out of range of the vet. I had the pet owner parked on the tile directly behind the vet (in range to feed)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 516
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 507