UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

How to Train a Pet.

Go_Ask_Alice

Sorceror
How to Train a Pet.

This guide is brought to you by the Letter O.

Okay, so you have found the pet of your dreams, that 525 Strength Mare or That 825 Strength 475 Inteligence Dragon! Time to train him to be perfect you say! Well heres how!

First, you have to bond your pet. If your training a Mare, you must Bond 2 Mare's for this method. If your Training a Dragon you need to have Mare with it, or a friend who has 2 days to help you. Feed the Pets and stable them for 1 Week (7 Days). On the 7th day claim them and feed them again, they will have bonded!

Now the first step is to get your Pet's to 0 Skill's. Why you say? Well thats simple, Pet's gain skills like own player charactors do, further from the cap they are quicker thay gain. And we want them to gain Magery, Med, Eval, and Resist first. They will also Max out their stats from all this training if theya re bellow 125. IE: Your 525 Mare that only has 94 dex and 102 int by the end of this will have 525 Str 125 Int 125 Dex! Now when lowering their skills, you will have to kill and res them NUMEROUS times, so i recomend a macro. When they finally reach 0 in their skills you won't see a 0, you will see this --.

Once both the pets you will be training are at -- you will need to bring them to your house or a friends house. You will set them up like this:

They are Seperated by a table and blocked in, with you standing next to them both to heal. Now the macro I use to do this is a long macro, it basically says:

Say All Kill
Wait .25 Seconds
Absolute Target
Wait 2.0 Seconds
Use Item Bandages
Wait .25 Seconds
Absolute Target
Wait 5.0 Seconds
Use Item Bandages
Wait .25 Seconds
Absolute Target
Wait 5.0 Seconds

(the above bandage macros repeat over and over for 2 minutes)

Say All Stop
Wait 1.0 Second
Say All Guard
Wait 120.0 Seconds
Say All Guard
Wait 1.0 Second

....and Loop.

I left out the repeating heal macro cause well, it is verrry long. It repeats about 12-16 time's (12-16 per animal) depending how much you feel like editing. Also the wait at the end that is listed as 120.0 Seconds, need to be adjusted. When you start out at 0 magery, the wait can be non exsistent cause mana doesnt get used much by 1st 2nd and 3rd Circle Spells. But later on is when you have to wait because they burn their mana faster.

After you have Gm Magery Med Eval Resist, you can make the cage smaller so they spar melee. Do a Basic heal macro and you are all set! SET IT AND FORGET IT, as Ron Popeil says. I would also recomend making a extra Vet/Animal Lore toon to help macro healing if your going away for expended period of time to prevend a death and ruining the macro.

At the end of this you should have max int dex and max skills pets!

This takes about 4-10 days total depending on how much you macro it. Not a quick process, but its worth it in the end. Or you can buy them trained for 4-10x the price and your set! :-P

~ <3 Osmo :gay:

Go_Ask_Alice

Sorceror
Re: How to Train a Pet.

ShattStar03 said:
whenever my mare dies, it loses its stats and my stats dont seem to be gaining.. does anyone know whats up?

Pets loose 1% SKILL on death. Stats never drop.

They will gain stats UP TO 125. Never gaining over 125. The only way you get stats over 125 is if they have them over that naturally, but they wont exceed what they have over 125.

That help?

bone

Sorceror

I did what the guide says, I just don't understand what you do to make the other mare not hit you that your targeting when saying all kill. He almost kills me every time and I have to hide :/

uoforlife

Sorceror

bone;1868460 said:
I did what the guide says, I just don't understand what you do to make the other mare not hit you that your targeting when saying all kill. He almost kills me every time and I have to hide :/

well basically u have to say all kill the other target, if the mare is not happy, meaning u didn't feed him enough he might start attacking u. now when u tell them all stop, so they can meditate, u must also say all guard me, that way they wont attack you when they are meditating, hope that helps :)

leftclick

Sorceror

As soon as I say All kill and target one pet, they both turn on me. How can I stop this from happening. They're fully fed.

I've tried with them green to me and blue to me.

Any help?

uoforlife

Sorceror

leftclick;1889938 said:
As soon as I say All kill and target one pet, they both turn on me. How can I stop this from happening. They're fully fed.

I've tried with them green to me and blue to me.

Any help?

hmmm, make sure they both fed, and if u want, u can say all kill and target a pet and then say all guard me right after that. that might do it, idk. but make sure they are happy

Fez_

Knight

don't say all kill click one and select all kill on the gump menu

ApocalypseX

Wanderer

just say name1 kill target name2 and name2 kill target name1. Not 100% on this but realistically that seems what would be most effective (gumps seem to cause problems in macros from time to time).

Paracelsus

Sorceror

When saying "all kill", it is better not stay between the mares...
I used the training method above a long time ago. But, I ended up killing myself and mare died. This is owing to my computer reboot after Ms patching and unstable network connection.
I re-design my house to add the door between the mare to block the line of sign. Something like:

wall
Mare (chest) [door] (chest) Mare
wall

I don't need to say "all kill", "all stop". What I need to do is let them kill each other at the beginning. Then, open and close the door. Once they are in sight, they start casting. Once the door closes, they just can't fire.

In case my network connection loss, the door cannot be opened since the macro not longer running. They just keep hating each other, but no harm. :)

That is Paracelsus's Door for mare training. ^^

Paracelsus;1905982 said:
When saying "all kill", it is better not stay between the mares...
I used the training method above a long time ago. But, I ended up killing myself and mare died. This is owing to my computer reboot after Ms patching and unstable network connection.
I re-design my house to add the door between the mare to block the line of sign. Something like:

wall
Mare (chest) [door] (chest) Mare
wall

I don't need to say "all kill", "all stop". What I need to do is let them kill each other at the beginning. Then, open and close the door. Once they are in sight, they start casting. Once the door closes, they just can't fire.

In case my network connection loss, the door cannot be opened since the macro not longer running. They just keep hating each other, but no harm. :)

That is Paracelsus's Door for mare training. ^^

Can you post a picture of this

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member

That door thing is pretty nifty. Paracelsus, you rock.

Paracelsus

Sorceror

Thanks! The door was built from thousand corpses of my mares.
Instead of praying for reliable connection, I take some time to test it out. Now, no more blooding. :)

Thanks for the picture i set mine up off your idea! Works like a charm!

Attachments

• Win_7-9_02.52.jpg
    Win_7-9_02.52.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 1,164

mark11259

Wanderer

What about the mares health than?, do u need to have 2 vets then? or what? and do u make a marcro to click the door to open and then wait till it closes? i dont understand that shit,, :)

Biao

Sorceror

yes 2 vets, 1 to each mare.
One guy needs to be opening the door. And don´t forget to feed the beasts ;)