UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

How to Train a Pet.

Paracelsus

Sorceror
If you are talking about the market for trading pets, I have no idea on $. I do trade them but not often.

Usually, decent mare would have the market since the mare can be used in pvp.

hamhock

Wanderer
really, i just figured that out last night

the mare went from 95 resist to GM in about an hour and a half. I used 3 mages casting mana vamp and my dexxer healing the mages, one of the mages used discord/peace

Important to add a toggle combat on/off before meditating in your macro, to really up the speed of recast

Now i just need to get these last 3 points of Magery on the mare. Its a nightmare. I might just give up.

Mondaine

Sorceror
my pet died two times. magery (at 99.1) and resist (at 98.2) don't seem to raise at all. its really a pain.

casting mana vampire seems to help with resist. but whats the best way for magery? just let the pet med to full mana and then burn it before me ding again?

I'm doing a mare/dragon-combo

Paracelsus

Sorceror
To be honest, you may need a whole day to train magery up by 0.1-0.3. The time I mentioned earlier about resist, is 3-4 gm mage cassting on the pet (discorded). Do you think it is cost-effective?

For magery, there is no shortcut except there is a risky way to do it. However, I cannot and will not tell you how to do it. If I tell you, other tamers may risk the pet loss if too many people doing the same way.

kmotion

Sorceror
For magery, there is no shortcut except there is a risky way to do it.

does the result outweigh the risk?
also, I'd think it would be up to the person to decide weather or not it's worth the risk of losing their pet... Just let them know you're not responsible for pet loss. (unless of course it's your super secret technique ;) lol)
:D

Paracelsus

Sorceror
In some cases, yes. Pretty quick if you do it right (technique + trick).
In fact, it is just an open secret. 2 years ago, I told people how to do it. But, something happened From that time onwards, I kept my month shut.

PS: I train pets just for fun, not for trade. In deed, most of the time, I train my pets just using traditional approach without using the trick.

kmotion

Sorceror
ah, gotcha.. as for me, after i train 1 or 2 mares to 7x is when i'll start looking for short-cuts to the whole process.
like the saying goes- "you gotta learn to walk before you can fly" right? :)

Mondaine

Sorceror
my mare seems to be stuck at 99,9 resist and 99,7 magery. i have no idea if or when it will raise again. but right now I'm really stuck.

mana vampire helped a lot on my dragon but i have the feeling that draining mana all the time will prevent raising magery. thats why i try to support with a few flame strikes but no gain so far.

kmotion

Sorceror
i use a drake as a sparring partner for my mare.. drakes don't use magic so you won't have to worry about the mare's other stats rising.

Paracelsus

Sorceror
I use the pet pair (both magical) to train even I want pet A to gain in magic only and pet B to gain in resist.

You can order pet B to attack something else out of sight... Hmmm, a bit hard to explain how to make it works here.

Mondaine

Sorceror
a question to our experienced tamers: lets say you have a former 7xgm mare which died a few times. skills are now:

wrestling: 99,1
tactics: 99
resist: 97
anatomy: 99
magery: 97,3
eval int: 98,7
medi 99

would you train it up to 100 from the actual skill level or reset skills first?