UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

How many of you are religious!

Pick one

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: How many of you are religious!

It is my personal belief that 75 million years ago there was a galactic federation of planets that was ruled over by the evil Lord Zenu. Zenu thought his galaxy was over populated so he rounded up countless aliens from all different planets and then had those aliens frozen. The frozen alien bodies where loaded onto Zenu's galactic cruisers, which looked like DC8s except with rocket engines. The cruisers then took the frozen alien bodies to our planet, earth, and dumped them into the volcanoes of Hawaii. The aliens where no longed frozen, they where dead. The souls of those aliens however lived on and all floated up towards the sky. But the evil Lord Zenu had prepared for this. Zenu didn't want their souls to return so he built giant soul catchers in the sky. The souls where taken to a huge soul brainwashing facility that Zenu had also built on earth. There the souls where forced to watch days of brainwashing material which tricked them into believing a false reality. Zenu then released the souls where roamed the earth aimlessly in a fog of confusion. At the dawn of man the souls finally found body's which they could grab onto. They attached themselves to all man-kind, which still to this day causes all our fears, confusions and our problems.

I don't want to hear any shit from Christians either, don't questions my beliefs.

Jezuz

Wanderer

Sloth-hybrid;1445510 said:
Lord Zenu. Zenu .

I doubt you're actually a Scientologist since "Lord Zenu" is actually spelled Lord Xenu...
But nice South Park quote=P

Jezuz;1445536 said:
I doubt you're actually a Scientologist since "Lord Zenu" is actually spelled Lord Xenu...
But nice South Park quote=P

Yaknow how some jews and muslims say g-d, well..

Marbelou

Knight

Jezuz;1445399 said:
What the hell are you talking about? How about YOU do some research before you start talking out of your ass.

There is no proof to support evolution?! Seriously do you even know what you are talking about? If you're telling me that the theory that 'God' made the Earth in seven days, and that Jesus Christ resurrected from the dead has more proof, then you are out of your damn mind! And no, a book does not serve as proof to the fact that those events actually happened you illiterate retard.

Oh, and I'd try not to call people noobs when trying debate.

i didnt say that i just said evolution theory has no proves to back it up. every single prove has been fake or turned wrong someway. and wheres the proof in this post?

fonis

Knight

Marbelou;1445770 said:
i didnt say that i just said evolution theory has no proves to back it up. every single prove has been fake or turned wrong someway. and wheres the proof in this post?

I disagree with your statement and ask you to prove it.

fonis

Knight

Fair enough, then how about..

I diasgree with your faith and ask you to believe it.

...fuck.

Cebrious Arcane

Forum Murderer

The 4 Star General said:
I won't debate, but I will answer questions I feel like answering, as long as I feel the person is asking from a positive light. If negative, its best left unsaid.
What about from a neutral light?

The 4 Star General said:
To answer your question, the bible word for word is sufficient for the "newbies" so to speak, but through prayer, fasting, you get discernment and even further the Knowledge of God, to go deeper. The text is a blueprint for a pure lifestyle with rules meant for us to avoid much pain and suffering that exists. Take it literrally? I wouldn't say that, but definitely, it's not left to interpetation by opinion or "what if's" and is not a metaphor for something else.
So it's a doctrine of faith with guidelines for life? Fair enough. If you feel up to it, I'd be interested to hear more about your experience with fasting. I have fasted myself and am curious of your perspective.
The 4 Star General said:
Big bangs and monkeys didn't create the world. If one believes in anything NOT the 1 true God, then where did what you believe in come from? Someone was the ultimate creator that set this domino effect of life and free will into motion.
What if we did not come from anything? What if our seperation is an illusion and we are infinte? So there was no creator because there is no creation. What if there is only existence and the distinction between yourself and everything else is merely personal opinion?
The 4 Star General said:
I didn' come from a monkey, maybe Bush did.
Hehe
The 4 Star General said:
If one believes in something they have to believe in god. If there's no God, there's no big bang, no monkeys, and no lunatic to invent scientology (which is a cult and false idol worship by the way)
Why does there have to be a creator? That is my biggest question with Christianity and I still haven't found an answer.
The 4 Star General said:
When's the last time someone in danger cried out "SCIENCE, SAVE ME!" "MONKEYS SAVE ME!" "BIG BANG, HELP ME!" It never happened.

A gun to an atheists head, would they cry on a person to save them if it was just them, the gun, and the gunman out of earshot of anyone for miles? That's the thought i often have.
Fair enough. But the "God help us" expression is just that, an expression, or at best, a sort of "well, just in case" type of thing. There are many people that would simply analyze the situation and say, "Fuck," because they knew there was nothing they could do.

The 4 Star General said:
The only reason anyone is atheist or doesn't believe in the bible is cause they've seen folks ABUSE the word of God and seen too much infighting. It's like, yo we're in the same UO guild but kill and loot and flame each other... from the outside looking in, I'm confused, and confused people do nothing or resist association with source of confusion.
I really disagree with that statement. "Only" is far too strong a word. There are a multitude of faithful good people that don't believe in God because they believe in other systems. They weren't raised to believe in God, the concept of a God is moot to them, and they live their lives believing their beliefs. So you would say God has condemned that entire population to Hell because the missionaries didn't make it to their village?
The 4 Star General said:
These are facts, most people's opinion on Christianity is based on false teaching and practices. In my ministry, I'm calling these folks out and setting the record straight.
I was baptised, raised, and confirmed Catholic. From my original response, I really like your outlook on Christianity, but would your "setting the record straight" also involve Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism, etc, or only Christian followers? One of my very good friends is in the middle of extensive debates with his diocese because he doesn't think that you should preach in a church, or use a collection plate, or have any real physical ammenities or accomodations as a servent of God. His higher-ups are not pleased.
The 4 Star General said:
Remember, ask anything you want, but I'm not here to debate or convert, but spread the pure truth which anyone man or woman enough to humble themselves to seek out will find the same word for word.
So why would a Zen monk, living alone in the mountains, wearing only a loincloth, eating only rice that he has begged for, need to humble himself to find God? Would you say the enlightenment perceived by the monk, even though it has nothing to do with a god, holiness, or Christianity, still considered finding God?

fonis

Knight

Thank you for the refreshing injection of class back into this thread, Cebrious. Though I don't always agree with your ideals, I find your.. patience.. to be admirable, albeit undeserving at times (not to say this is one of those times).

One of these days I'd like for us to have such a back and forth. Science knows I have the time as of late with this new corporate internship (i.e., coffee & excel spreadsheets).

Regarding your question to General as to why there has to be a creator: if he were to entertain that question, he'd be questioning the idea that there was a deity that transcended some universal time that us mortals are bound to (or are as far as this forum post is concerned), which is the essential basis of Christianity (at least metaphysically speaking).

Jezuz

Wanderer

Marbelou;1445770 said:

There have been quite a few examples of evolution, observed in both the field and the lab. Evolution is an observed fact of life, and if you do your research has much more rational proof then the ideology that God created the Earth in seven days.

I ask you this; Look outside your window... Look at yourself, and ask yourself how the hell did one entity create everything in seven days? As human beings we all need to grow up, and learn not to look at things so ignorantly and simple minded.

I bet if humans never discovered that he earth was round, I bet that you would be the believer to say it was flat.

yugen

Wanderer

The kingdom of heaven is within.

I'm buddhist but I think that most religions were generally founded on similar grounds. I do think that most religious founders (such as the buddha, Jesus Christ, Mohammad, Krishna) had similar experiences with consciousness.

I believe that if there is any meaning behind the word "God", that any sincere seeker of truth and goodness will find it, and put a different name on it. This is the theme of some of Joseph Campbell's works, such as "The Masks of God".

I think that terms such as Nirvana, Heaven, Enlightenment, Valhalla, and so forth all represent very very similar ideas, ideas that are generally outside of language/time/measurement and only exist in experience.

But with all that said, I think the true path to God is extemely narrow. There are countless pitfalls... I have only met a couple people that I think are anywhere near enlightenment, but most likely weren't completely enlightened.

Thats just a very brief synopsis, but really it's all just theory. Without experience, theory is useless.

I will say though that one thing many of the great leaders had in common was meditation. Jesus went into the woods for 40 nights, the buddha meditated under a tree, etc. I think "prayer" and "meditation" are probably the same thing or at least very similar, but people draw so many differences out of translations due to ego clinging and suffering.

K

Kitchen_

yugen;1446551 said:
The kingdom of heaven is within.

I'm buddhist but I think that most religions were generally founded on similar grounds. I do think that most religious founders (such as the buddha, Jesus Christ, Mohammad, Krishna) had similar experiences with consciousness.

I believe that if there is any meaning behind the word "God", that any sincere seeker of truth and goodness will find it, and put a different name on it. This is the theme of some of Joseph Campbell's works, such as "The Masks of God".

I think that terms such as Nirvana, Heaven, Enlightenment, Valhalla, and so forth all represent very very similar ideas, ideas that are generally outside of language/time/measurement and only exist in experience.

But with all that said, I think the true path to God is extemely narrow. There are countless pitfalls... I have only met a couple people that I think are anywhere near enlightenment, but most likely weren't completely enlightened.

Thats just a very brief synopsis, but really it's all just theory. Without experience, theory is useless.

I will say though that one thing many of the great leaders had in common was meditation. Jesus went into the woods for 40 nights, the buddha meditated under a tree, etc. I think "prayer" and "meditation" are probably the same thing or at least very similar, but people draw so many differences out of translations due to ego clinging and suffering.

I believe prayer is when you're talking directly to God to find and answer to something, and when you meditate, you're trying to find the answer within yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.