UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Goat Tailor 1.0

woodycook

Knight
Re: Goat Tailor 1.0

Kelloggs Goatios is a genius.

So.. I'm wondering when BS goat comes out? and Leather Goat? :D

I've forgotten to mention this: very, VERY useful macro. I have a few things I can nit-pick about, but they're of no fault to you, Goatios. ;)
  • It's a slight annoyance that when re-targetting things, one has to remember to remove the "WaitForGump" line that it adds, else it can derail the macro.
  • I'll admit that at least on a few occasions, I've forgotten to apply a filter to the BOD book before starting the macro. That can have disastrous results, requiring a good bit of manual work to fix everything.
  • Lastly, it is a *tad* slow, taking around 2 minutes per BOD for me. 'course, it's far faster than nothing at all for being able to set it up and then leave it unattended, but I've been trying to find ways to trim time from it. It seems that most of the "fat" is in the "identify" phase. Since I've got conditions where I get <50ms ping where I craft, I'm looking to see how far I can push them. I'll post updates if I find anything meaningful.
  • Also, as a POTENTIALLY valid complaint, I noted that it cycles through the "add items to BOD" step an equal number of times even for GT15 and GT10.

crackhead;296353 said:
blacksmithing could not work like goattailor do to the weight of the items.i tried
I think there might be a way... Though I'll have to experiment first. :p

Mathaias

Wanderer

I ran the macro GoatTailor 20 with a BoD book that only had 1 single 20 amount BoD in it. I put the filter on to Small Cloth 20, and also changed the macro to target my BoD book and my Restock container. Those were the only directions on how to get this mother going that I could find before I ran it.

It was a BoD to make 20 bonnets that was in it. It got to starting on the bonnets after anywhere between 10-35 seconds and then it made 14 as the server began a world save. The save ended and it stopped making bonnets. It kept going and out of nowhere made a bunch of feathered hats. I don't have any BoDs involving feathered hats.

I ran it again doing all the same steps with the 15 macro, setting the filter to Small Cloth 15. It was a BoD to make 15 Body Sashes. It made a bunch of bandanas. Why.

I often get the message "that is not in the request." I assume this is not a bad thing, but, I figure it might be a detail I wouldn't want to leave out.

There is nothing for miles around me where I do this.

Sometimes the macros work after horribly screwing up at least once in at least one way, like creating too many of something after it creates the right thing, which is a rarity. Usually I end up with like 20+ of something I don't even have a BoD for, so I just cut it all up and then wonder what I did wrong.

Maybe I'm just retarded.. But I did exactly what the guide told me to do, and I have little to no success.

Perhaps someone could tell me if they've heard of this before? Or perhaps explain STEP BY STEP so I can figure it out.

Okay then, here's what I do when setting it up:
  • First off, each time, I re-target the BOD book to take from. Use the "start recording here" function, and make sure it records it as a "double click x00EF569L," with the last bit being some random-appearing jumble of letters (A-F) and numbers. (0-9) That will tell it to click on the CORRECT BOD book. Remember to delete the lines in there that just say "double click item by type (BOD Book)."
  • Next, scroll down to the part where it drags the completed BOD over to the "completion" book. Delete that drag line, and replace it with one that will pick up and drag a BOD (by item type) over to the location of the BOD book you want to drop it into. If not done so, it'll just deposit it somewhere else in your bag, where they'll pile up.
  • Lastly, the restock container line is easy: right click the "absolute target" line, and then select the container where you've got your cloth.
  • When about to start, set the BOD book filter to the correct type. Double-check by examining what BODs are shown to make sure that it's set right.
Now, as for some notes:

When it says "that is not in the request," that's normal: the macro works by "trial-and-error:" it goes through each item and attempts to fill the BOD with it. When it finds out which one works, then it gets to work crafting that item. This is why it's important to have one of each clothing item in your pack when you start.

As for the world-saves, I've known that they occasionally break the macro. Most of the time, though, it'll properly catch the warning, and pause itself for 50 seconds, which would be sufficient for any world save that takes less than 40 seconds to complete.

If it skips a BOD before it's complete, my experience has taught me that EITHER there was a mistake with the BOD sorting, or that it was broken by a world-save. Though in about 80-90% of the cases, it pauses on a world-save.

As for making a bunch of items that you don't have a BOD for, unless the macro is messed up, I haven't a clue how this could even happen. As written, the macro only makes a specific item right after it successfully uses one of that same item to fill a BOD.

Laelaus

Wanderer

Well I'm having an issue. I've had someone actually walk me through the setup of the macro, i've gone through this whole FAQ.

Basically all that happens is it runs through, puts the one item (out of the 15 or whatever) in the bod, makes nothing, then puts it away.

I'm stumped and I cant figure it out. If anybody knows why this might be happening... There is no other clothing within a 12 mile radius, its a box, cloth, my bag, sewing kits, just the basics...

Help!

Laelaus;318283 said:
Well I'm having an issue. I've had someone actually walk me through the setup of the macro, i've gone through this whole FAQ.

Basically all that happens is it runs through, puts the one item (out of the 15 or whatever) in the bod, makes nothing, then puts it away.

I'm stumped and I cant figure it out. If anybody knows why this might be happening... There is no other clothing within a 12 mile radius, its a box, cloth, my bag, sewing kits, just the basics...

Help!
What status messages does it give you, if any? Might it be possible for you to record an RPV of this?

jrhather

Wanderer

It does this to me as well occasionally. Dunno why, out of nowhere it will act up.

Otherwise, it acts beautifully....

I just wish there was one for leather too....

Laelaus

Wanderer

I was out of town since the last post, from what I remember it gives no message it just skips them.

I can double check when I actually get on tonight.

Laelaus

Wanderer

All the journal says:

Not in request over and over, until it finds the right one
adds the one to the bod
not in request over and over

nothing in the journal after that, it just puts the bod in my finished book with 1 item in it, and then it keeps going pulls a new one out, puts it away with one, etc.

From what I can tell, its just skipping the creation stage alltogether... any idea why this would be? I think this simply because It's not looping within whatever bod that is 10 times, it just jumps back to the next item on the list (which is not in the bod)

That's weird indeed. I must sya I'm honestly perplexed... The only explanation I could give is that either the macro is flawed, or that your version of Razor isn't working. But as I recall, you got the latest, freshest, version of both of them. I'm afraid I'm stumped at this point. :(

Laelaus

Wanderer

Honestly, doing these the old fashioned way... it just takes too long.

Is there a quick place I can sell off all my bods?

Edit: What versions are you running of razor that ARE working?

Laelaus

Wanderer

Could this be caused by Vista? I notice a lot of little quirks in UO on vista vs my XP box, maybe that's my problem.

Ulizeus

Sorceror

Just doing my first test, working great till now, will add some thing as I experiment with it, like taking only the necesary cloth (that dont give problems about weight, maybe just an esthetics change) and some tips for bs filler, need to change things and c if I get problems with weight :D,

Thx for ths script, before this, I only used a script for 1 bod, then check and start macro again, cheers.

Didnt use restock agent, seems that he always keep u with the amount specified :D, no need to add "taking necesary cloth" hehehe, well, then I will only work on the bs script.