UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Connection issues (updated yet again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Errasal

Wanderer
no one knows when the shard will be up again, this includes satff. No we can't "send them stuff too", becuase the machines these DDOS attacks are coming from are just pawns, and not the actual people's computers. All we can do is wait and be patient. The staff knows what they are doing and is doing their best, just like they always have. The shard will be back up, and asking "WHEN WHEN WHEN" every two mins will not make it some up any faster.

Kenshin

Wanderer
Blue Ice said:
how about we get them back? like those ips asayer put
<******> applying upstream null routing to 67.15.136.122/32 on Cogent
<******> applying upstream null routing to 67.15.136.122/32 on Verio
<******> applying upstream null routing to 67.15.136.122/32 on MFN
sounds like alot of u guys know about computers so why not just send something to them! :D
make it a war!
DAMN TERRORIST :mad:

That the server's ip :p

Red Squirrel

Wanderer
Yeah no point in bouncing packets back to their source, it's usually stupid people who can't keep their PCs secured... now on the other hand,they have to learn somehow right? ;)

pbguy434

Knight

Haha, looks like there are negative people on right about now.

Red Squirrel

Wanderer
Could it be possible that OSI/EA are responsible? Big corporations can always legally bend the rules (look at the RIAA :rolleyes: ) so it's far possible... I would hope not, since it means they can keep doing it without worry about getting caught.

Trey-demise

Wanderer
well lets see before UO I was 11 years old so i dont remember what I did for enjoyment than and I'm sure I can't do that for enjoyment now :-P

Rainier

Wanderer
in my admittedly limited experience, calling someone thats completely owning your server a script kiddie is a bad idea. even if they are, nothing makes them more angry and more resolute to ruin our fun. ignoring someone throwing a tantrum is almost always the best way. ok flame away!! :p

Red Squirrel

Wanderer
Hmm before UO let's see what I was doing.... oh yes, it all started when a name was chosen for me, and had [YOUNG] appended to it. I was a young apprentice, and grew up in a little down called haven and enjoyed going out killing these weird little creatures. No wait, that's still UO. :D

Actually, I tried setting up a temp shard so me and a friend can have admin duals, but I could not figure out why the server kept DCing him after about an hour or so, so it did not work out. You know you're addicted when.... :D

Blue Ice

Wanderer
Red Squirrel said:
Could it be possible that OSI/EA are responsible? Big corporations can always legally bend the rules (look at the RIAA :rolleyes: ) so it's far possible... I would hope not, since it means they can keep doing it without worry about getting caught.
wow , and whats riaa btw, also what other big shard went down too? Dfi?

jc_at_aq

Sorceror
Is this a smaller attack than last week's?

I'm going to go ahead and preface this question with the disclaimer that I don't know much about how this server is physically setup.

That being said, I think I remember last time this happened, all the UO Gamers shards were down, not just Demise, and the runuo and demise websites were also down. However, I've been working a whole lot lately and am open to the possibility that my time table is all wrong and/or none of that happened before and it was all a figment of my over-worked brain.

Anyway, if that actually did happen, why didnt it happen this time? As far as I can tell, the other UO Gamer shards are up and this website is obviously functional...what gives?

dimitrii

Wanderer
Different attacks both in type and ( i suspect ) in size. Oh and i agree about the "script kiddie" comments: i understand the frustration but not a good idea to potentially throw more gasoline at the flames.

StarFox

Wanderer
A side note

Personally I hope that they find the little punk that did the DDoS attacks and prosecute him to the letter of the law. If that does not work, then someone should give HIM an internal biological virus and see how he likes it. I personally think that it is moronic for anyone to destroy other peoples source of amusement. It is stupid and grrrrr it irritates me that the shard is down for the second day in a row because of this little puke faced brat! On a more positive note I would like to tell the Staff what a damn fine job that they are doing. Each and everyone of them goes out of thier way to make our time fun. Each one of the staff loses sleep and such just to bring the players enjoyment. For that I send them my deepest thanks and I for one would do anything I could to help the staff. So in closing I say that we thank the staff more often for what they do for us instead of complaining about each and every little thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.