UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Connection issues (updated yet again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

comwiz72

Wanderer
Don_Blast said:
Apart from this the admins can trake this dude up {Black Ice might help and even Nmap to see what program he is using and his IP }

Hmmmm, you do know that in most countries it is illegal to nmap anybody but yourself, unless you have prior permission from the person? Sucks, dont it?

Then again, I suppose Mr. Script Kiddy gave you all permission when he DDoS'ed the server...

I'm disappointed lol this is my first real post / log in attempt in months (I just started University and have been REALLY busy) and its down, but I can see its no-ones fault but the script kiddy...

PS: Can some1 pm me and tell me some of the changes / updates that have happened since about August?

Gordred

Wanderer
All this discussion about the hacker, cracker, script kiddie or whatever you choose to name a lameo that chooses to interfere with inividuals rights to freedom just feeds the problem (i know i am doing it now) I know the real problem with his is likely that his daddy didnt give his mommy as much sexual attention as he gave him. Now he sits in his room alone and mad at the world but not really sure why. He is trying to put us in his place. We should feel sorry for him that his papa was like that. It wasnt his fault. Little man, go meet yourself a girl and everything will be ok. Tell her your story and she will try to make it better. Girls are good that way. Counseling is lame. They dont understand anything and are usually not very smart. This shard will continue on long after you have outgrown your anger or been arrested. This too shall pass.

xaxas

Wanderer
Don_Blast said:
If the admins could make me speak to him an MSN or give me his IP I could cool him down ... I know what I should do :D :D :p
Yeah, I know what to do too. One simple thing - GET HIM IN THE HOSPITAL FOR A WEEK OR TWO! Sounds extremely "cooling", heh?

Red Squirrel

Wanderer
Hospitals usually have A/C. so that would work. :D

But based on that irc log, I would not be suprised. But we have to remember, that's 1 person, so the other shard should not be held responsable, nor blamed, but rather that person alone, since the rest of the shard may not agree with what he did (if he did it).

A

ASayre

Apparently it's not up. Either the host still hasn't un-null'd us, OR, we're still under attack. Latest reports show a 6GBits/sec attempt against us.

[13:18] <snell> asayre
[13:19] <snell> are the rumors that its xlx or his people doing it?
[13:19] * Mr^Pink ([email protected]) Quit (Quit: The past ends right now, and the future begins right now!)
[13:19] <ASayre8> Those are just rumors from some playres on the fourms
[13:19] <snell> i heard of it befor those were posted
[13:19] <snell> from dfi players
[13:20] <ASayre8> Whereso?
[13:20] <Turki> if he knew who it was id doubt hed be sitting here tellin u anyways lol
[13:21] <snell> well i was just hearing some stuff like
[13:21] <snell> that its probly dfi
[13:21] <ASayre8> I have my own suspicions on what GROUP it is, ie, where they're affiliated with, but those suspicions Are just that, and I dont' have evidence, but at this point and time, I've had no reason to believe it was anyone associated with DFI

Layne

Wanderer
That's someone with alot of bandwidth to spare and alot of machines to do the work. Thanks for the update ASayre. Aren't those numbers a little high for one single user to accomplish?

I have to agree with you, ASayre. XLight just doesnt have the hardware nor bandwidth to spare really, he'd definately use it for his own shard and DFI vs. Demise is like comparing apples and oranges.

I suspect a much larger organization that is in direct competition. DFI has it's own share of attacks, how they don't get took down I do not know, but I believe that do get regularly hit with attempts and tracerts expose this.

Rainier

Wanderer
This is a good time to say PATCH YOUR FRICKIN WINDOWS BOXES FOR GODS SAKE PEOPLE.

they are all compromised computers with broadband connections doing the attacks. even if you tried to trace any single ip, managed to get thru to a real person at a large broadband provider, and got them to match up an ip with a subscriber,(which would never happen)every one of the people would be clueless that their computer is involved in a DDoS.

check that your parents/friends/brothers/sisters/friends/lovers/spouses/better halfs/grandmas computers are all up to date for windows patches, virus definitions, your prefered malware and trojan remover programs etc etc etc.

make sure your not part of the problem! Even experienced computer users can be compromised unknowingly. Always scan!! Always update!!

This kind of attack would not be possible if people took 5 minutes a week to be responsible. its the equiv to leaving your front door wide open while at work and then wondering why your tv is gone when you get home.

It cannot be stressed enough! KEEP YOUR WINDOWS UP TO DATE, ENABLE AUTO UPDATES, KEEP YOUR VIRUS DEFINITIONS UP TO DATE AND SCAN EVERYTHING EVERYTIME!! EVEN IF YOUR NOT A NEWB!! DONT EVER ASSUME YOUR SECURE. because obviously many people are not. a bot net like whats being used against demise is hardly rare or difficult to aquire for anyone thats aspiring to criminal behavior. Spend one week in IRC and you'll think all there is to life is DDoSing.

SO TONIGHT INSTEAD OF PLAYING UO GO PATCH EVERYONES COMPUTER YOU KNOW. they could be compromised and unknowningly destroying other peoples livelyhoods hobbies etc all because they couldnt take 5 minutes and be a responsible computer owner. Take the initiative! Take out your anger by making sure you or people you know arent hurt or contributing to other DDoS', spamming, stealing passwords etc. Dont be a dumbski and make idle threats or call people you dont know at all script kiddies. That is unless you want them to do it 10x longer. DUH!! STFU and patch your girlfriends computer instead!!!

/END.RANT

Status
Not open for further replies.