UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Connection issues (updated yet again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ASayre

Connection issues (updated yet again part 2)

Server is down due to being null-routed due to a large DDoS.

uodemise.com/reports/reports.html

it came up for some time earlier this morning, but then we were hit by DDoS... AGAIN.

It's out of my hands folks. I want it back up just as much as all of you do.

Edit:

More info. After it was lifted this morning as shown by the chart, there was apparently more attack that cause it to be null'd again:

[11:12:22] <******> applying upstream null routing to 67.15.136.122/32 on Cogent
[11:12:32] <******> applying upstream null routing to 67.15.136.122/32 on Verio
[11:12:45] <******> applying upstream null routing to 67.15.136.122/32 on MFN

So... Basically an minimum of 24 hours from that. Times in the log there are Central time(am), I believe. That's the log from EV1.

EDIT AGAIN:

Apparently it's not up. Either the host still hasn't un-null'd us, OR, we're still under attack. Latest reports show that the last attack was a 6GBits/sec attempt against us.

EDIT yet again:

Hybrid is now also beign DDoS'd

Not to be an annoying little prick. . but is the downtime expected to be about the same as the last incident? I have faith in the staff here so no matter how long it's gonna be down im still gonna be a demise player . i was just wondering if there is an eta. Thank you so much!

StarFox

Wanderer
Encouraging Words

I do hope that it was not another hacker like the last one. But if it is I shall patiently wait like I did last time. I am now and always shall be a Demise player. It was where I started and where I will happily stay all my UO life. I would also like to ask if there is an eta for when it will be up...

Onça

Sorceror
As soon as someone finds the script kiddie and breaks his wrists so he can spend the next year trying to figure out a new way to wipe himself while not being able to do this stupid crap.

its not a hacker. its some little kid with a script. hacking actually takes some skill, or so im told. I know for a fact that it takes NOTHING to setup a script.

Red Squirrel

Wanderer
Distributed Denial Of Service attack. One of the cheapest attacks one could possibly generate to a server.

Basically they use zombie machines (in smarter(but still not smart) cases, some cases don't even use zombies) that connect to the victim machine. So you have a bunch of nodes sending ping of death packets to the server, making it have a large amount of packets to respond to. Some cases use ping, some use other stuff, but basically put it's causing the server to receive many useless connections.

Usually, people who cant hack, will use this against others because they think they're cool.

I hope this hacker gets caught, especially if my white wyvern becomes untamed, since it will be right at a moongate (lost connection right there).

Red Squirrel

Wanderer
I'm hoping not, since I have to go to bed early tonight so depending on what time it goes back up I might only be able to go get my wyvern late tomorow. :eek:

Red Squirrel

Wanderer
I don't think even the admins know. What I never understood about DoSes is why cant they just block the IPs at the hardware firewall level, but I guess with remote hosting you dont have access to that. Since I've never seen it done at all, and I've seen sites get DoSed often enough, seems it's the "cool thing to do" or something. :rolleyes:

DarkLotus

Wanderer
well there are a few reasons.
in most cases the ip's are spoofed ( faked ) so even if they are blocked the attacker can change them.

in most cases they will attack a large range of ports as well, or ports taht you need to leave open EG 80,2593 etc.

and its not ping packets its normally syn or ack packets, which are connection request packets etc.

Bane85

Wanderer
is it up

hey im brand new im just wondering if the server is up and i need to do something diffrent, like update a patch or something to log on. thanks

Kalana

Wanderer
You all deserve metals!

You all really dont get enough credit...... by now with all this Hacker stuff i would have torn out all my hair and or thrown in the towel at least a Hundrd times.... I know we, as players, dont tell you guys this enough but we really do appreciate all the crap you all take to let us play the way we do.... So n matter what BS we give you all when we're frustrated or when somthing doesnt go our way...what we really mean is you all Rock!!!

krivzun

Wanderer
Ddos

hey guys , we dont even know how much time it will take , maybe forever , like one of the free shards of World Of War Craft , was playing 200 ppl and some stupid F**** just keep hacking same way (Ddos) , afterwords in 2 month the server was cloused , and that server was one of the best ones, the admins coulndt not do anything. I wish this guy will stop attacking our server and i think ever person in demise wish same way.. :cool:

A

ASayre

luigi said:
well gmes should save and put the server down so any pets dont become free, noone dies and no time is lost

And how do you propose we do that when we can't connect either?

Status
Not open for further replies.