UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Connection issues (updated yet again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey-demise

Wanderer
wow do you 12 year olds stop to think for a second that saying you will kill this bitch and how pissed you are is making this person scared??.. NO its making them laugh and making them do this longer. That's how they work.. just like greifers in UO. Greifers enjoy pissing off other people because they get angry and bitch. When the victim stops bitching the griefer gets bored.

Thalantyr

Wanderer
Ahhh, the advantages of playing on multiple servers.

My main one was down a few days ago so I logged on Demise. Now Demise is down so I've just been playing there.

Its a system I learned on the EA servers.
Eventually I had a 5xGM on GL just from playing when atlantic crapped out. How sad is that;)

When UO server goes down. Take out your anger and frustration on a nice first person shooter. Then you can blame all the enemies for making the server go down :p.

Blue Ice

Wanderer
hybrid went down, and demise, both american shards and both the compition for Dfi.. dfi is a europe shard... i was told the attacks came from europe... put it together and well :(

Nazukatsu

Wanderer
God damn it. If he existed.

Now, stop with the "x year old"er comments. Just don't do it. Oh, that's 12 years old. Oh, that's 11 years old. That thing is 5 years old.

Don't do that. Everyone has their own personality even if they are 12. There are 12 year olds who are idiots, there are some who are good. There are some who are smart, some who are cocky, some who are fat and some who are thin.

If a bunch of 12 year olds start laughing at old men struggling to do the simplest of tasks, those 12 year olds are insensitive annoyances. Prejudice would occur when we see this, and somehow assume that all 12 year olds act in this way. They don't. It's how a lot of a racism and anger begins. Prejudice.

The person attacking the server may or may not be a child. The person attacking the server may or may not be fat, the person attacking the server may or may not be stupid, yet, the person attacking the server does not have good reason.

Honestly, if you prejudge everything, do you think it makes you look smart? Because it doesn't. I'm not flaming anyone here, I just hate these comments. Not everyone acts in the same way at that age as everyone else. Maybe many children you see are obnoxious or disrespectful, but not all are. The same goes for all age groups, all cultures and all people.

Whoever the attacker is, you can't just say these things. Sure, you may find it funny, yet, realise what you're doing. It's like "winning" a serious debate over the internet by saying something like "you're gothic, aren't you?" or, "your parents don't like you, do they?"

Wow, I just got the best idea ever! I'll define a flaw about someone who I don't know then insult them based on it! Brilliance! Haha, now, with my new found powers:
< I am now assuming Bill Gates is poor >
Haha! Bill Gates is poor! What a homeless bum!

That's what so many people are doing. I understand the frustration of this, and I have resorted to useless arguments like these myself. But it's just not contributing to anything, except the receiving party's anger. It seems to me that if DDoS attacks are not time consuming or difficult for the aggressor, and effectively disempowering to the defender, then it would be safe to say that choosing this form of attack would be effective. Maybe the aggressor does have hacking experience. Maybe they don't. One thing's for sure, they aren't being very nice, now are they?

Regardless, I thank the staff for running such a great shard.

PS: gg lotuser.

tuba-demise

Wanderer
I sorry to read this happened again. So I guess we have to live with this. Such kind of idiots happens to the world some times.
I thing we must not ask when the server will be up or will we loose something because this is out of reach of the staff and i thing they are pissed off enough from the fact it happens.
It is like hurricanes floods and earthquakes you can't stop them you have to live them and recover from your looses.
And et last if the source is the same as last time the UO community in our country is not so big so if we can help by any means the staff can fill free to pm us with help requests of any kind (legal support or else)

He he sorry for the bad language – lost my temper

Nephyses

Wanderer
Nazukatsu said:
God damn it. If he existed.

Now, stop with the "x year old"er comments. Just don't do it. Oh, that's 12 years old. Oh, that's 11 years old. That thing is 5 years old.

Don't do that. Everyone has their own personality even if they are 12. There are 12 year olds who are idiots, there are some who are good. There are some who are smart, some who are cocky, some who are fat and some who are thin.

If a bunch of 12 year olds start laughing at old men struggling to do the simplest of tasks, those 12 year olds are insensitive annoyances. Prejudice would occur when we see this, and somehow assume that all 12 year olds act in this way. They don't. It's how a lot of a racism and anger begins. Prejudice.

The person attacking the server may or may not be a child. The person attacking the server may or may not be fat, the person attacking the server may or may not be stupid, yet, the person attacking the server does not have good reason.

Honestly, if you prejudge everything, do you think it makes you look smart? Because it doesn't. I'm not flaming anyone here, I just hate these comments. Not everyone acts in the same way at that age as everyone else. Maybe many children you see are obnoxious or disrespectful, but not all are. The same goes for all age groups, all cultures and all people.

Whoever the attacker is, you can't just say these things. Sure, you may find it funny, yet, realise what you're doing. It's like "winning" a serious debate over the internet by saying something like "you're gothic, aren't you?" or, "your parents don't like you, do they?"

Wow, I just got the best idea ever! I'll define a flaw about someone who I don't know then insult them based on it! Brilliance! Haha, now, with my new found powers:
< I am now assuming Bill Gates is poor >
Haha! Bill Gates is poor! What a homeless bum!

That's what so many people are doing. I understand the frustration of this, and I have resorted to useless arguments like these myself. But it's just not contributing to anything, except the receiving party's anger. It seems to me that if DDoS attacks are not time consuming or difficult for the aggressor, and effectively disempowering to the defender, then it would be safe to say that choosing this form of attack would be effective. Maybe the aggressor does have hacking experience. Maybe they don't. One thing's for sure, they aren't being very nice, now are they?

Regardless, I thank the staff for running such a great shard.

Amen

Layne

Wanderer
Blue Ice said:
hybrid went down, and demise, both american shards and both the compition for Dfi.. dfi is a europe shard... i was told the attacks came from europe... put it together and well :(

I'm going to have to disagree, this shard is quite unique and the said shard you are talking about doesn't have what this shard has so I can't even see it as competition. Hard to put into words, but in order to compete for something, you'd have to offer something similiar in return, Demise is probably the best PvM I've seen outside OSI and I think their PvM is better than OSI personally because of the people here on Demise, there are alot of good folks who like to hunt and always willing to jump in if it may win them a ToT or an Artie. Works out greatly for everyone all around and builds a sort of team effort in it without all the phoney hooplah and "let's all hug" when you aren't into that type of thing.

dimitrii

Wanderer
Blue Ice said:

I dont know if Dfi is responsible or not but their model is clearly not subtle at all: Your house decay unless you either log on daily or donate? Thats more than a little suspicious.

Dathras

Sorceror
Well, I honestly donot think the Defiance staff would do anything of the sort.
Sure they may be a little corrupt when it comes to using their powers to help their own player accounts, but honestly, XLX and Meph do run a decent shard, and realise they are as vulnerable as we are here.
It is not right to point fingers at a fellow shard without any solid proof.
Now if it happens to them, would you want them to automatically assume it is us?

t8x

Wanderer
i wonder

i wonder

the isp is not down right ? just the demise server.
cant the isp put u under a firewall? (only software firewall) allowing just some ports for connections.
thats will make the attacker's options of flooding less . i mean have to use different kind of flood attack that is easyer for tracing.

i dont know why but i think a good firewall could help . at least may try.
and when the attack is filtred by the ISP router u dont get trafic right?

yes but what happen if they pass the firewall :pP
u will get duvh a big traffic that will have to quit paying the server :((
maybe thats why they cut off the server.

Dathras

Sorceror
ASayre8 said:
[11:12:22] <******> applying upstream null routing to 67.15.136.122/32 on Cogent
[11:12:32] <******> applying upstream null routing to 67.15.136.122/32 on Verio
[11:12:45] <******> applying upstream null routing to 67.15.136.122/32 on MFN

So... Basically an minimum of 24 hours from that. Times in the log there are Central time(am), I believe. That's the log from EV1.

So I would assum sometime close to 11:12 central time today.

dimitrii

Wanderer
Well, I honestly donot think the Defiance staff would do anything of the sort.
Sure they may be a little corrupt when it comes to using their powers to help their own player accounts, but honestly, XLX and Meph do run a decent shard, and realise they are as vulnerable as we are here.
It is not right to point fingers at a fellow shard without any solid proof.
Now if it happens to them, would you want them to automatically assume it is us?

Hey it's no secret that accusations like this have been made in the past, check uogateway: http://www.uogateway.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=793

So yes, the poster was probably jumping to conclusions, there's no denying that, but is not like is completly outrageous to even suggest it.

Kumagoro

Wanderer
If that little idion (sorry, but ppl doing such things must be idiots) does that again, i'm gonna track him and smash the butt of my Orc slayer sword in his nose, watch him tumble on the floor and apply a pain spike on him and finally decapitate him.
Am i a psycho?

Dathras

Sorceror
Well that is kind of like saying that the Germans are responsible for recent attacks in France because they have attacked in the past.

dimitrii

Wanderer
Dathras said:
Well that is kind of like saying that the Germans are responsible for recent attacks in France because they have attacked in the past.

1 year ago is not the same as 70 years ago so no, its not the same at all. Like i said i DO agree that is still jumping to conclusions, i just dont think is a very big jump.

Rainier

Wanderer
damn i just read that uogateway thread. from a 3rd party point of view , we have the irc log of a person clearly threatening demise shard with a DDoS and stating dont mess with 'his' shard, and then going through with it for extended periods of time. the person speaks er types english well. probably their first language. seems all evidence so far does point to well...a non american english speaking shard. even more so when u take into account the 'we want your code now' scenario and the current general global opinion that the U.S. sucks.

does the other shard have logs of someone from demise threating them with DDoS attacks? not that ive seen. and im sure they would be more than eager to produce them if they did. also i dont see any of the shit talking about 'that' shard that supposedly is going on here. i also dont see staff encouraging illegal actions against the 'other' shard that is supposedly happening on 'their' forums. Its hard to be #1, everyone is jealous!!

i guess im naive but i never knew that shards were so hostile towards each other!!

KRISTJAN

Wanderer
Sorry

Most of you don't know what they are saying :mad:

In such a case software firewalls are useless ... even hardware firewalls would be sort of useless since the portsfor us to connect to the server cannot be filtered or closed.

Apart from this ... I speak english but I am Maltese and now adays almost every body speaks 'good' english so judgments on the nation of the 'hacker' { most probably a jelous kid } are usless and invain.

Apart from this the admins can trake this dude up {Black Ice might help and even Nmap to see what program he is using and his IP } .

It just takes some time for the so called 'hacker' :D { lol } to cool down and get annoyed.

A correction I would like to make is for the term used ... hackers don't harm any systems ... they are called Crackers ... Criminal hackers or black hat

In this case I am more thinking of a perfect idiot.

If the admins could make me speak to him an MSN or give me his IP I could cool him down ... I know what I should do :D :D :p

Status
Not open for further replies.