UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes - August 30th 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
Re: Changes - August 30th 2009

trevorc21;1949421 said:
I saw we should stop fighting this and go back to fighting the pots aoe thing. Know how many times i have gotten whacked factioning and pvp on my red? So gay when people attack me run in town while i am in mid pot and i get whacked.

Thats the way it's SUPPOSED to be.

Quit being a slave to a template. Also - I like how you skirted the fact that you were wrong.

Trevor

Knight

Ryan;1949420 said:
Actually - you dont know what you're talking about.

I spent many tens of thousands of dollars of my own money hosting this entire network at EV1 servers, The Planet, Rackspace, Softlayer and others... the ONLY time it was not in a 'true' datacenter was when I was in Iraq making shit money and not getting paid by my day job.

I dont think you people have any concept how much this project has cost me out of my own pocket to run.

I am not saying that at all. I know how much server shit cost i just thought thats where the server begin. I am so thankful that you even take your time to host this for us but to many things are changing to fast imo.
Ryan;1949423 said:
Thats the way it's SUPPOSED to be.

Quit being a slave to a template. Also - I like how you skirted the fact that you were wrong.
dude look at the times i posted 1 second after.

shindig

Sorceror

Unless you're using sallos you are going to get raped fighting around the guard lines, people can run half a screen with the pot chasing them and dismount right over the line. If you're not on sallos you can't see the line.

I don't care about AOE I just think pets should be same notoriety as the owner, so if you're in the middle of brit farms fighting a red and they dismount their mount is red.

LockHeart

Sorceror

So how about letting counselors trigger PvP events so late night PvPers can see some action?

miztron

Wanderer

Phallen;1949092 said:
Why are the devs putting these damn patches in?! They have already ruined PvP Tamers. Yes, they are trying to adjust changes for "spell selection algorithm for magic wielding creatures." Why not just put it back the way it was and take out that damn friending option for pets. That makes it even for PvP Tamers. If you leave the changes for pet skill gains, eveyrone will make 7x mares, ruining the market and flooding the damn server with 7x pets.

I'm not big into IDOC's but why would you change the Item ID? Did that give some sort of advantage over IDOCs?

they ruined pvp tamers? good, IP wont be pking anymore i assume...

so they changed the way to time an idoc - boohoo. IP has enough players/time/money that this shouldnt even be a problem.

i agree with toofless harry, put in the random idoc timer it will allow for greater battles and less camping

Antor

Sorceror

Arguing about the change is pointless. The admins of server have stated how they feel about it. It was determined to be a bug in the code and once brought to their attention the bug was fixed. Item id was not intended to give you the ability to create a macro to give you a screen shot of the time a house went idoc so that you could calculate with in 5 mins of when it would fall. Item id is intended only to id items.

No amount of arguing is going to change it back. It was a bug. The bug is fixed. End of story.

Has anyone noticed the other changes? Like the AI changes to pets? I am interested in hearing some feedback on that or the pet skill gain changes.

Lets just stop going in circles because its not going to be changed back no matter how mad it makes you or how many times you hit reply.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

LockHeart;1949431 said:
So how about letting counselors trigger PvP events so late night PvPers can see some action?

I fail to make a connection on how this is even relevant in this post...

Countessa;1949338 said:
Dear Sirkah, my posts last night were made with the intention of antagonizing the freakers. Take whatever I said with a grain of salt. heh

Edit - except the part about itemid on house signs being a bug - that's true

I disagree with the changes as well. However what I disagree with most is what you just said. Staff are supposed to have better behavior and set an example. This is a perfect example on why some people disrespect staff because of the way they are treated back.

Since when is someone giving their opinions albeit some a little emotionally at times a bad thing? The day you stop getting any negative feed back is the day people don't care about the server.

P.S. I am not staff bashing just giving my opinion on what you said.

namlamina

Sorceror

Ryan,

Could you please have your staff have a stated opinion on the AFK timers that will still be there (Either attended or unattended). I would like to see it be a staff obligation to move reported timers that way the timers, if truly unattended will have no shot at timing. Some people do leave their chars at a house to click it manually every 5 minutes, others do not. This would protect the players that are still timing legitimately and be an inconvenience, at the least, to those timing illegitimately.

Deal?

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

Simon Cowell;1949443 said:
I disagree with the changes as well. However what I disagree with most is what you just said. Staff are supposed to have better behavior and set an example. This is a perfect example on why some people disrespect staff because of the way they are treated back.

Since when is someone giving their opinions albeit some a little emotionally at times a bad thing? The day you stop getting any negative feed back is the day people don't care about the server.

P.S. I am not staff bashing just giving my opinion on what you said.

Let's make a clear distinction here...

We are (as you can easily see) giving players the ability to express their opinions... shit talk staff members and do what they like because we realize changes evoke emotional responses from players. We understand that so we give some leniency on this... but the problem I have is that you don't think it's OK for staff to respond to such things? Is that really the case? You think it's OK for you and the other players to argue and call out staff members but when we make a change and we try to offer some feedback, smack some sense into someone or just albeit rage someone that's wrong? Sure in a perfect world the staff members would always set the example. In a perfect world I'd have hit the mega millions and pay every staff member 1 million dollars but guess what... the world is not perfect, they are not paid and they damn sure are allowed to have an opinion also.

I'm so tired of the hatred toward staff... maybe I'll fire them all and you'll just have to live without staff... how would that make the shard work?

Code Blue

Knight

Antor;1949434 said:
Arguing about the change is pointless. The admins of server have stated how they feel about it. It was determined to be a bug in the code and once brought to their attention the bug was fixed. Item id was not intended to give you the ability to create a macro to give you a screen shot of the time a house went idoc so that you could calculate with in 5 mins of when it would fall. Item id is intended only to id items.

No amount of arguing is going to change it back. It was a bug. The bug is fixed. End of story.

Has anyone noticed the other changes? Like the AI changes to pets? I am interested in hearing some feedback on that or the pet skill gain changes.

Lets just stop going in circles because its not going to be changed back no matter how mad it makes you or how many times you hit reply.

I'm training a beetle right now and he is at 72 resist and 73 med after about 2 1/2 hours

Hopefully stats go as fast too

Ryan;1949451 said:
Let's make a clear distinction here...

We are (as you can easily see) giving players the ability to express their opinions... shit talk staff members and do what they like because we realize changes evoke emotional responses from players. We understand that so we give some leniency on this... but the problem I have is that you don't think it's OK for staff to respond to such things? Is that really the case? You think it's OK for you and the other players to argue and call out staff members but when we make a change and we try to offer some feedback, smack some sense into someone or just albeit rage someone that's wrong? Sure in a perfect world the staff members would always set the example. In a perfect world I'd have hit the mega millions and pay every staff member 1 million dollars but guess what... the world is not perfect, they are not paid and they damn sure are allowed to have an opinion also.

I'm so tired of the hatred toward staff... maybe I'll fire them all and you'll just have to live without staff... how would that make the shard work?

I agree that they should have an opinion but to intentionally antagonize someone isn't giving an opinion. It's trying to invoke a negative response for the delight of the person posting it (the original post I quoted). That's what I disagreed with, not her opinion which is valid whether I agree or disagree with it as that's her opinion.

Everyone has off days but when staff have off days it affects the player base.

I disagree with the change but I love the server so I'll just see how it goes and what the staff has planned.

Mrdude

Wanderer

i'd like to see how this goes; i'm not in favor of the IDOC changes. but if this does in fact do what i think it will, decrease IDOC attendance and thus field-based pvp, then i'd like to see how it will be increased, as it is extremely low already and should be addressed.

I guess if there was better detectability of easyuo and other third party programs' abilities (thru packet logging, or something?) then there would be no 'timing' of houses at all, save for the dilligent work of the index finger.

Agreed, taking this 'razor' way of doing it unattended will push the auto-bots to use other programs to infiltrate.. as im sure it would take time/programming/resources to combat against use of rulebending outside programs.

Albiet, where there's a will, there's a way.. Always someone will be able to create or use some sort of program to take full technological advantage over their competitors.

I only use razor and never time houses afk. I think easyuo are cheaters and bastards. And those who script their pvp actions suck too. Sorry if i offended you Idoc'ers.. and yeah id like to see a random IDOC crash timer.. I sure as hell cant sit there 3 hours in a row, and dont intent to stick around longer than that. guys using easyuo know just when its gonna fall. It will be more random if noone knew when it fell.
+add detection of trainers(if possible)
+add random fall timer of idoc (why not, this would boggle the easyuolosers)

Code Blue

Knight

Global pilcher;1949487 said:
+add random fall timer of idoc (why not, this would boggle the easyuolosers)

Why would they add a random idoc timer to cheaters who use easyuo.
Yes its an illegal program, but why on earth would they add a random timer when people use ghosts to tell when the house falls.
Should we put a ban on ghosts near idocs too?

People have a designated amount of time to refresh before their house falls...
People should not be punished for assholes that script.

Farrel

Sorceror

Well all I'v got out of this thread is at a IDOC you got Scripter on one side Timers on the other side and Players that are just out looking for random drops So I guess the Scripter are going to need new scripts, the Timers need to find a new way of timing and the other need to get a little better at PVPing Because the IDOC will fall and somebody will get it so Good Luck to you All

jessen13;1949219 said:
Now, unless you are part of one of those lame-ass scripting guilds like EQ/MS or IP, there is no way to really do IDOCs. Yea, you can just keep recalling to click the sign and have like a 5 hour window, but EVERYONE has seen EQ/MS and IP show up less than minute before and IDOC drops.

Well lets be honest. The item id method of timing idocs was developed (I believe) by an eq/ms member about 2 years ago. His name was Jermery/sunzu. His idea at the time was to try and develop a way to time idocs that WASN'T cheating and could be done legitimately. At that time we may have been the only people who knew about it. The reason we did not spread the word is not because we thought we were doing something"wrong." We thought we now a legit way to time idocs and if you weren't with us you would be forced to cheat to compete with our times; which is exactly what we wanted.

Now if Mark says this is a bug so be it it's a bug. But, we really believed (and rightfully so) that it would protect us from being jailed/banned for scripting idocs. We have had a few members get caught for scripting and the idea that we were all doing it was bad for business (and not true), so we actually went to great lengths to combat it with in our own guild and give people ways of doing things legit. This was one of those ways.

Ajax;1949258 said:
I love how it's always the same 4-5 people whining and crying with every change made.

I think by now we have seen quite a few people are not pleased, as tessa said: the forums are only about 10% of the player base. It is incredible that you get that much feedback on things b/c consider that any normal polling that is done is usually taken from about 1000 people and generally believed to be within 5% points from true public option, a public that is about 300Mil people....

Now for my own option on the matter, I think is was a great change. Mind you I'm rich as shit atm and so are most of my guild mates. The last thing I want is for the average player to be able to time idocs well and get rich. I can afford to throw 100+ bolas a day, I don't need every tom dick and harry to be able to do the same. In my mind this is just like poker or anything else that diminishes wealth: it's always a boon to those that are already rich or know how to get rich in spite of it.

If I was your average player who wasn't rich I would be upset unless I was one of the ones willing to cheat to time idocs. So basically the only people who should be pleased with this change are those who cheat with easyuo or those who are already very rich. If you don't fall into one of those two categories then you're a fool if you're not against this.

CBW

Sorceror

Thanks again guys & gals for the hours you put into maintaining this server. Also going back & looking at things that have been already changed & tweaking.

As for the people complaining here...

You think too highly of your selves, the main reason a majority of people show up to IDOCs is a chance to bash your pathetic trammy guilds into the ground.

You horde items & houses... ROFL think people come to this server for pixels?

IP /<3/ MS/>$</g$s are just pot fodder. The ice cream on the cake is the fact a house is dropping when they show up in numbers.

namlamina

Sorceror

CBW;1949559 said:
Thanks again guys & gals for the hours you put into maintaining this server. Also going back & looking at things that have been already changed & tweaking.

As for the people complaining here...

You think too highly of your selves, the main reason a majority of people show up to IDOCs is a chance to bash your pathetic trammy guilds into the ground.

You horde items & houses... ROFL think people come to this server for pixels?

IP /<3/ MS/>$</g$s are just pot fodder. The ice cream on the cake is the fact a house is dropping when they show up in numbers.

Oh, you flatter us with your post of nonsense. Trammy... Hmmm I am pretty sure a large percentage of the players in the IDOC guilds are made up of pre-Ren players. I like it when you kids say you played before trammel, were you even potty-trained yet when Trammel came out? I know Josey Wales and Bandit weren't. IDOCing was around before factions. IDOCing was around before Renaissance. IDOCing was around before Trammel.

Learn your OSI history please.

Status
Not open for further replies.